Nonda?

gram

Guest alex

would do a job.

would rather have the othe blackburn player, mccarthy, quality forward.

Aye, he be about 10 times more expensive though. A bit similar to what we already have in terms of forwards too.

I reckon someone should give Sam a call a bit sharpish and tell him we don't need to make a team up of half arsed, cheapo players with the new owner around. Don't get me wrong, it's nice that we're getting a few bargains but I don't think we have to scrape the barrel anymore. Nonda? No ta.

I reckon someone should give Sam a call a bit sharpish and tell him we don't need to make a team up of half arsed, cheapo players with the new owner around. Don't get me wrong, it's nice that we're getting a few bargains but I don't think we have to scrape the barrel anymore. Nonda? No ta.

We might need some cheapo players in to get us in a postion where expensive players want to join us.

Don't we? Our squad was understaffed last season, add to that the 5 released who were out of contract, the others we want to move on like Parker and the young lads reportedly going out on loan then I think a £2 million offer for Nonda is good business.

Don't we? Our squad was understaffed last season, add to that the 5 released who were out of contract, the others we want to move on like Parker and the young lads reportedly going out on loan then I think a £2 million offer for Nonda is good business.

Nail On Head

Nail On Head

I think perhaps that came accross wrong, I know we need to bulk out the squad, without a doubt we've had an ever decreasing squad size over the last 2-3 seasons but what i meant was I don't think getting Nonda is the right area we need to be concentrating on. We need a decent forward to partner Owen or Martins (whoever stays) and then one back striker to sit as reserve or second choice with Shola. If we were talking about extra defenders or the odd midfielder to come in as back then fair enough. I guess we could always use nonda in cup competitions but I can't see him being that good for us in the league.

If these names being mentioned are for 'cover' then great.

But if they are mentioned for 1st team places then am afraid his choice in signings are shit,with the money available we should be going for the likes of what Man Utd have just bought and not the Nonda's of this world ;)

Then there is Barton,the sad thing is that most on here are happy with this lot being mentioned.

:secret:

But if they are mentioned for 1st team places then am afraid his choice in signings are shit,with the money available we should be going for the likes of what Man Utd have just bought and not the Nonda's of this world ;)

Then there is Barton,the sad thing is that most on here are happy with this lot being mentioned.

:blush:

That's kind of my point really, just better put :secret:

It's a building process and we need to be realistic, all the players we've been linked with would improve our squad and first team, I'd love us to sign Nani and Anderson but why would they even consider coming here?! :secret:

It's a building process and we need to be realistic, all the players we've been linked with would improve our squad and first team, I'd love us to sign Nani and Anderson but why would they even consider coming here?! :secret:

True, I can't see many 'top' players wanting to come here in our current state (with no European footy) but I think some of the names we're being linked with is scraping the barrel a bit, there MUST be better options available than Nonda surely?! I'd rather we went for Nugent or someone like that tbh.

I thought Nugent was going to Everton?

Is that a done deal then? Shame that.

Don't think it's a done deal, just that he is from liverpool so 1+1 = 2.

Not a fan of Nonda, he was with FC Zürich for a couple of seasons earlier in his career - he was arguably very young back then, but from what I've seen of him, he hasn't really improved.