Barton: Deal done !

khay

Sam Allardyce is hopeful Newcastle United are finally close to securing the signature of Joey Barton.

Newcastle have agreed a deal with Manchester City for the midfielder, but the move has hit a snag due to a wrangle over a pay-off.

Barton is demanding a £300,000 sum as part of a clause in his contract, but City do not feel the figure should be paid.

Allardyce is continuing his efforts to recruit new faces and is optimistic that Barton will soon be confirmed as a Magpies player.

"I'm not quite sure yet," Allardyce told Sky Sports News when asked when the transfer would be completed.

"Joey has gone on holiday, but I hope to try and tie it off today and finally make sure he is going to be a Newcastle player for next year.

"We have got Mark Viduka and this week we have been trying hard, but we haven't pulled anything off yet.

"I need to concentrate on defenders, we're very short in that area, so we will try and strengthen that department.

"I'd like to bring in at least a couple of centre-halves, a left-back and maybe a right-back to have enough players defensively minded to improve the Newcastle clean sheet record.

"That's going to be very important. We've got goalscorers at the other end, but we must sort out the defensive side of the team to make sure when we score goals we get the three points."

:wub:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deal Done !

Manchester City can confirm that Joey Barton has been sold to Newcastle United for a fee of £5.8million.

The 24-year-old asked for permission to speak with Newcastle last week after both the Magpies and West Ham submitted bids of £5.5million or more for the player.

Newcastle followed their initial bid up with an improved £5.8million offer today, which has been accepted by the Blues.

The midfielder came through the Club’s Academy system before making his debut against Bolton in April 2003.

His first goal for the club came just two games later at White Hart Lane, and he quickly established himself in Kevin Keegan’s side the following season.

Joey made 142 starts for the Blues scoring 17 goals, and he won one England cap when he came on as a substitute in February’s international against Spain.

Deal Done !

Manchester City can confirm that Joey Barton has been sold to Newcastle United for a fee of £5.8million.

The 24-year-old asked for permission to speak with Newcastle last week after both the Magpies and West Ham submitted bids of £5.5million or more for the player.

Newcastle followed their initial bid up with an improved £5.8million offer today, which has been accepted by the Blues.

The midfielder came through the Club’s Academy system before making his debut against Bolton in April 2003.

His first goal for the club came just two games later at White Hart Lane, and he quickly established himself in Kevin Keegan’s side the following season.

Joey made 142 starts for the Blues scoring 17 goals, and he won one England cap when he came on as a substitute in February’s international against Spain.

Goalscoring midfielder like some have been saying though? :wub:

Deal Done !

Is the £300k increase owt to do with Barton's pay-off?

skysports:

Manchester City have confirmed the sale of Joey Barton to Newcastle United in a £5.8million deal.

The midfielder agreed personal terms with The Magpies and passed a medical on Tyneside on 5th June, but a dispute over a £300,000 pay-out had delayed his move to the North East.

The row even dragged in the Professional Footballers' Association, but Newcastle made an improved offer on Thursday and City subsequently agreed to the sale of the controversial star.

"Manchester City can confirm that Joey Barton has been sold to Newcastle United for a fee of £5.8million," read a statement on the club's official website.

"The 24-year-old asked for permission to speak with Newcastle last week after both The Magpies and West Ham submitted bids of £5.5million or more for the player.

"Newcastle followed their initial bid up with an improved £5.8million offer today, which has been accepted by The Blues."

Barton's exit from Eastlands was sealed when he was involved in an ugly training ground bust-up with former team-mate Ousmane Dabo.

However, he will now look to put the controversy behind him after becoming Sam Allardyce's second summer signing following Mark Viduka.

The fact we are blatantly paying the extra £300,000 to go in bartons pocket says it all about this club and the player. Total fucking joke.

Edited by casio

Guest stevieintoon

Sam Allardyce is hopeful Newcastle United are finally close to securing the signature of Joey Barton.

Newcastle have agreed a deal with Manchester City for the midfielder, but the move has hit a snag due to a wrangle over a pay-off.

Barton is demanding a £300,000 sum as part of a clause in his contract, but City do not feel the figure should be paid.

Allardyce is continuing his efforts to recruit new faces and is optimistic that Barton will soon be confirmed as a Magpies player.

"I'm not quite sure yet," Allardyce told Sky Sports News when asked when the transfer would be completed.

"Joey has gone on holiday, but I hope to try and tie it off today and finally make sure he is going to be a Newcastle player for next year.

"We have got Mark Viduka and this week we have been trying hard, but we haven't pulled anything off yet.

"I need to concentrate on defenders, we're very short in that area, so we will try and strengthen that department.

"I'd like to bring in at least a couple of centre-halves, a left-back and maybe a right-back to have enough players defensively minded to improve the Newcastle clean sheet record.

"That's going to be very important. We've got goalscorers at the other end, but we must sort out the defensive side of the team to make sure when we score goals we get the three points."

:razz::wub:

:(:razz:

Any names spring to mind Stevie ? :wub:

Anyone thinking the increase of £300k on the fee is the £300k loyalty bonus ? :wub:

Someone should ask Craig Hope tbh

Typical German... boring as fuck :(

As you take most things far too serious you must clearly have a lot German blood in you.

You have to work on the efficiency of your posting skills though...

:razz:

Anyone thinking the increase of £300k on the fee is the £300k loyalty bonus ? :wub:

Someone should ask Craig Hope tbh

I reckon it is. Although how sad are city if they increase the fee by 300k and then give it straight back to barton. Would have been better off us giving him it as a signing on fee if he was that arsed!