Claim to fame

Guest alex

Was he playing Andy Goram?

No. My dad was standing at the bar with his back to the table. I have no idea who Goram's opponent was.

I think it was a joke about Goram suffering a severe case of Glenn Roederitis.

The Fish is obviously too embarrassed to answer the question. Googled it and Joe Absolom was in Eastenders. Him out of Spandau Ballet tried to frame him for murder iirc.

not all of us can fritter the day writing articles for NO my boy, I was busy chatting up Caroline Ahern from Friends Provident so that she'll send me a fax of our clients funds choice so there :wub:

The Fish is obviously too embarrassed to answer the question. Googled it and Joe Absolom was in Eastenders. Him out of Spandau Ballet tried to frame him for murder iirc.

not all of us can fritter the day writing articles for NO my boy, I was busy chatting up Caroline Ahern from Friends Provident so that she'll send me a fax of our clients funds choice so there :(

You're so touchy :wub: What happened to Kyser Sozay's column anyway? :razz:

not all of us can fritter the day writing articles for NO my boy, I was busy chatting up Caroline Ahern from Friends Provident so that she'll send me a fax of our clients funds choice so there :rimshot:

You're so touchy :wub: What happened to Kyser Sozay's column anyway? :(

had to give that game up, too busy at the moment. :(

quite enjoyed having a rant though :razz:

Genuinely would have preferred more constructive criticism from the "editor" though, as I knew what I was writing had flaws and was structurally unsound and I'd like to have learnt to fashion a better piece.

Guest stevieintoon

The next Great Craig Hope tbh.

No one will reply or " :wub: " and i didn't want you to feel lonely, so there you go :razz:

My Grandma's cousin was Cary Grant.

Another of my Grandma's cousins used to play in Goal for the Beasts.

My dad used to work with Brian Johnson out of ACDC at Parsons.

I was at a party in London about 6 years ago, and Muse were there.

During World War 2, my Grandad was on the Royal Navy Motor Gunboats in the Mediterranean. The Royal Navy and US Navy Gunboats in the Med worked closely together, and one particular night his boat had two US Naval officers and a US Navy journalist aboard. One of the officers was Douglas Fairbanks Jnr, and the Journalist was John Steinbeck.

Malcolm Macdonald used to live around the corner from me, and was a regular in the local sandwich shop (now gone). I used to see him in there loads. My Dad's dog tried to shag his dog over at the local park.

My Grandma's cousin was Cary Grant.

Another of my Grandma's cousins used to play in Goal for the Beasts.

My dad used to work with Brian Johnson out of ACDC at Parsons.

I was at a party in London about 6 years ago, and Muse were there.

During World War 2, my Grandad was on the Royal Navy Motor Gunboats in the Mediterranean. The Royal Navy and US Navy Gunboats in the Med worked closely together, and one particular night his boat had two US Naval officers and a US Navy journalist aboard. One of the officers was Douglas Fairbanks Jnr, and the Journalist was John Steinbeck.

Malcolm Macdonald used to live around the corner from me, and was a regular in the local sandwich shop (now gone). I used to see him in there loads. My Dad's dog tried to shag his dog over at the local park.

We have a winner. :wub:

I've held one of Matthew Pinsent's Olympic gold medals. No euphemisms whatsoever.

I've held both of Kelly Holmes' medals, this Tuesday :blush:

That lady is an absolute legend (correct usage of the word too).

I've held one of Matthew Pinsent's Olympic gold medals. No euphemisms whatsoever.

I've held both of Kelly Holmes' medals, this Tuesday :lol:

Real nice lady too, and fit :blush: Couldn't believe how tiny she was though.

I've held both of Kelly Holmes' medals, this Tuesday :lol:

Real nice lady too, and fit :blush: Couldn't believe how tiny she was though.

Yeah, she's got something about her. Always loved her and I'm not ashamed to say I had a lump in my throat (no shite FYPs please :lol: )watching her win at Athens (especially her 2nd gold). Deserved it for all the years of hard luck through injuries she had. Gutsy as fuck too.

A message on behalf of Noeile:

Since the first week of my arrival in California I have always had an association with football, playing, coaching, managing, until I gave it all up a few years ago and now just resort to me telly and the Internet.

Some of my friends are former players who came over in the late 70's early 80's to play in the now defunct NASL.

My last connection with 'live' football was managing a team of over 35/over the hill English expats in an annual tournament against the 'Auld Enemy'.

On occasions when his schedule would allow Rod Stewart would turn out for the Scots.

This photo of Rod and I was taken in 2001 after one of these games which took place in Palos Verdes, California.

I have another of Rod and I taken in 2000 in Garden Grove, California.

Lads who have turned out for me in these games have been;

Mick Mahoney - Newcastle.

Peter Wall - Liverpool-Crystal Palace.

Clyde Best - West Ham.

Paul Cahill - Portsmouth.

Bobby Sibbold - Leeds-Southport.

Jimmy Hinch - York City-Tranmere-Plymouth.

John Craven - Blackpool-Crystal Palace.

Bob McNab - Arsenal- ENGLAND.

Gerry Ingram - Blackpool-Preston-Bradford.

Laurie Abrahams - Charlton.

Colin McNeil - Huddersfield.

rod1up8.png

2001 Palos Verdes, LA

rod2gi1.png

2000 Garden Grove. (note the Magpie cap)

A message on behalf of Noeile:

Since the first week of my arrival in California I have always had an association with football, playing, coaching, managing, until I gave it all up a few years ago and now just resort to me telly and the Internet.

Some of my friends are former players who came over in the late 70's early 80's to play in the now defunct NASL.

My last connection with 'live' football was managing a team of over 35/over the hill English expats in an annual tournament against the 'Auld Enemy'.

On occasions when his schedule would allow Rod Stewart would turn out for the Scots.

This photo of Rod and I was taken in 2001 after one of these games which took place in Palos Verdes, California.

I have another of Rod and I taken in 2000 in Garden Grove, California.

Lads who have turned out for me in these games have been;

Mick Mahoney - Newcastle.

Peter Wall - Liverpool-Crystal Palace.

Clyde Best - West Ham.

Paul Cahill - Portsmouth.

Bobby Sibbold - Leeds-Southport.

Jimmy Hinch - York City-Tranmere-Plymouth.

John Craven - Blackpool-Crystal Palace.

Bob McNab - Arsenal- ENGLAND.

Gerry Ingram - Blackpool-Preston-Bradford.

Laurie Abrahams - Charlton.

Colin McNeil - Huddersfield.

rod1up8.png

2001 Palos Verdes, LA

rod2gi1.png

2000 Garden Grove. (note the Magpie cap)

Noelie is win :blush:

I swapped spit with sue pollard in a pub in york not sure if thats a claim to fame or a claim to madness :blush:

She has the same mixed feelings.