***Takeover News***

smoggeordie

Maybe, but given the timing of the two transactions, it looks as though someone has shifted 250,000 shares onto a third party who has lumped them with a handful of others to sell to SJHL.

09:36:38 26-Jun-2007 101.00 253,896 256,434.96 Ordinary Trade

09:35:52 26-Jun-2007 101.00 250,000 252,500.00 Market Maker to Market Maker including through IDB

Impossible to tell one way or the other really.

Ah, I see now what you mean. I am still unsure what sense the involvement of a third party would make though.

Could it be the third party is dealing with all the small shareholders, when I sent of my "yes please buy mine" form it wasn't to SJHL, it was some brokers.

Might be they deal with all the small transactions then sell accumulated larger lumps on to SJHL

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shepherd has to go like, needs to be a clean break. I'd rather someone more competent was getting paid the kind of salary they'll give him.

It's a difficult situation really. I share your belief in the clean break, but Ashley, I say Ashley, doesn't have a scooby about running a football club (no doubt a few folk will say Portly Freddie likewise :huh: ) so I think it is probably best that Shepherd remains as a figurehead for the time being. Let's not forget that other clubs will prefer to know who they are conducting any business with in regards to NUFC, so Freddie is at least a known entity.

We all want Freddy out eventually, however his knowledge of all Newcastle's dealings, skeletons ect... are priceless.

Cashley is playing his joker, literally, by keeping him on for the time being in a caretaker capacity to smooth the takover.

The fat one will be ejected as soon as the new board have a propper grip on things.

Besides Fred has no power as such anymore.

We all want Freddy out eventually, however his knowledge of all Newcastle's dealings, skeletons ect... are priceless.

Cashley is playing his joker, literally, by keeping him on for the time being in a caretaker capacity to smooth the takover.

The fat one will be ejected as soon as the new board have a propper grip on things.

Besides Fred has no power as such anymore.

Fucking hell.... :huh:

I'm wondering if Ashley's keeping Shepherd on in the role until he gets the man (Dein) he wants??

As has been said, for all his failings, Shepherd has knowledge of running a football club, Ashley doesn't. Be stupid to get rid of all of them if he hasn't lined up his replacement already.

I've not heard anything to confirm it, but the ever-growing rumour down this way is that Ashley definitely wants DD on board.

.com seem to think the magic number has already been reached by this posting from their site!!

Shares target:

Ashley hits ninety

Recent trading has taken Mike Ashley to the magical 90% shareholding.

An announcement to the London Stock Exchange is likely later today.

26 June 2007

Newcastle United PLC:

Board Changes

Following the recommended cash offer by St. James Holdings Limited being

declared unconditional in all respects on 15 June 2007, Newcastle United PLC

announces the resignation of Bruce Shepherd, Allison Antonopoulos, Tim Revill

and Douglas Hall from the Board of Directors and the appointment of Chris Mort

and Steve Hayward to the Board of Directors; all such changes to have immediate

effect.

So the Ashley era officially begins? Can I be the first to say...

GET THE FUCK IN!

You can, Sir! :huh: And may I be the first to say....

SACK THE BOARD!!!!! :date:

I see they have added a comment at the bottom of the club statement confirming Shepherd is staying on as chairman.

As I've said already, my sources tell me Freddy is staying on until the get the man they want......

Shepherd offered his resignation but has agreed to the interim position.

Freshfields, boo.

Not a fan of Anton Rodgers ?

Not a fan of those fancy self-important big law firms with far too long working hours.

I stepped aside to let Mort take the job. :huh:

I see they have added a comment at the bottom of the club statement confirming Shepherd is staying on as chairman.

Just reading that I note they say "Freddy Shepherd remains in his current role" it doesn't actually go so far as to say Freddy Shepherd will continue the role of chairman.

Maybe it's just me but the wording of the statement makes it all sound like a very temporary thing.

it's only a matter of time until the fat man is shown the door too. it might take a while for ashley to get the right chief exec in but he doesn't want a rudderless ship until then. shepherd is just keeping the set warm in the interim.

i wonder what leazesmag makes of all this. has he boycotted this board or what?