Saturday's Transfer Rumours

Glen

Arsene Wenger will attempt to recruit Carlos Tevez from West Ham or bring back Nicolas Anelka in the wake of striker Thierry Henry's expected departure from the Emirates Stadium to Barcelona. (Various)

Manchester City are to bid £10m to sign their former winger Shaun Wright-Phillips from Chelsea. (The Sun)

Striker Darren Bent is poised to complete a move to Tottenham from Charlton for £16m, a new club record fee. (Daily Mail)

Sunderland boss Roy Keane is holding talks to sign Preston striker David Nugent. (Daily Mirror)

West Ham boss Alan Curbishley wants Chelsea left-back Wayne Bridge after growing frustrated at being unable to land Nicky Shorey from Reading. (Sun)

Bolton's Portugese striker Ricardo Vaz Te is a target of Derby County boss Billy Davies. (Daily Mirror)

Sam Allardyce is prepared to give Spanish striker Albert Luque another chance at Newcastle. (Various)

Newcastle midfielder Alan O'Brien has agreed personal terms to join Scottish side Hibernian. (Daily Record)

Birmingham are on the verge of landing Scotland striker Garry O'Connor from Lokomotiv Moscow in a £2.65m deal. (Daily Star)

Celtic look set to seal the capture of AC Milan winger Massimo Donati in a £3m deal early next week. (Daily Record)

Wolves hope to rescue Northern Ireland striker David Healy from Division One football with Leeds. (Daily Mirror)

OTHER GOSSIP

Manchester City's bid to land Sven-Goran Eriksson has stalled over wages, with the former England boss demanding £2.5 over three years. (The Sun)

Real Madrid could be tempted to move for Arsene Wenger after the Arsenal boss allowed Thierry Henry to set up a move from the Gunners to Barcelona. (Daily Mail)

AND FINALLY

England manager Steve McClaren has written to the official England supporters group, urging them to stop booing Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard. (The Sun)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd scrap with West Ham over Wayne Bridge like. Quality full back.

Well if the takeover news goin on is concluding in the next few days then get the warchest open - i certainly think he maybe pissed off playing second fiddle to Cole and he would be guaranteed a starting berth here - wud be the best left back we have had since probably beresford imo

What will happen is this: Anelka will sign for Arsenal and have one great season and then everyone across a million boards will say..."Yes Parky you were right about him all along".

AAArghh..

Bridge is a class player. I'd love to see him play for us.

So would I - not sure if the feeling would be mutual given how much it's alleged we fucked him around last summer though.

Bit of a worry that (like Parker and Duff) sitting on the sidelines a fair amount over the past few years will have taken the edge off him.

true but every time he's played for chelsea he's looked fit and pretty good

Bridge is a class player. I'd love to see him play for us.

So would I - not sure if the feeling would be mutual given how much it's alleged we fucked him around last summer though.

Different regime now, so he wouldn't be too concerned - I'd hope. If we could get Bridge it would be fantastic, though I guess it's too much to hope for.

Anyway, isn't Baines on his way? B)

Edited by snakehips

for me out of the 4 full backs i see the following

1 baines has a powerful shot and ain't bad going forward

2 shorey is (comparatively) the dead ball wizard, good defensively and going forward

3 bridge is the best footballer there, seems a little injury prone.

4 drenthe seems a class act for the u21's of holland. clearly wants a transfer.

note these are not in any order

if we could get him, i'd go for bridge then shorey. drenthe does look good but against quality opposition i don't know.....

drenthe does look good but against quality opposition i don't know.....

Always a problem in judging U-21 talent, or even assessing players at international level. Until you see them in the PL it's hard to guess how they'll do.

Edited by ewerk