Pete Doherty

peasepud

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only person who didnt know he was born in Hexham?

http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/Pete-Doherty

Suddenly, Im starting to go with the thought that Hexham doesnt count in making you a Geordie (which means Im not one  :razz:  but its a small sacrifice to ensure this twats not classed as one).

27698[/snapback]

Well, Jesus was born in a stable but that didn't mean he was a horse !

Suddenly, Im starting to go with the thought that Hexham doesnt count in making you a Geordie (which means Im not one  :razz:  but its a small sacrifice to ensure this twats not classed as one).

27698[/snapback]

I didn't either.

Never ceases to amaze me what women see in some blokes. I mean, Kate Moss - and a cretin like him.

And it can't be for money, she's got plenty of her own

Edited by LeazesMag

Never ceases to amaze me what women see in some blokes. I mean, Kate Moss - and a cretin like him.

28013[/snapback]

Kill the witch! Kill the boho broad!

Julie Burchill

EVERY DAY, though I loathe it, I buy the Daily Mail — or The Hell, as it’s otherwise known, because of its unshakeable conviction that all we moderns are going there in a handcart. And I’ve just worked out why I buy it. When I read it, I feel once more — despite being a married matron of 46, resident in Hove, of all places — like a bohemian to my core.

For the youngsters among you, I should point out here that before bohemian meant a nasty skirt that always looks like it’s been plucked from the dirty laundry basket and worn again against its will, it meant a person who did what he or she pleased rather than what they were expected to do.

Lord knows that bohos can be annoying; they sleep around and bore on about art and often they don’t wash enough. But every time I think I loathe them, I only have to spend half an hour with a bourgeois to be crawling back to my people again. And this is because I find “straight” people — that is, respectable middle-class people, those with young children in particular — so profoundly, life-denyingly dull to be with that it actually feels like the nearest I’ll come to knowing what death is like until I actually die. How strange that the very perpetuation of human life should have the effect of turning people into lifeless zombies and sexless puppets!

When a woman refuses to sacrifice her vitality and sexuality, indeed her very life to her children — a mark of the boho broad — you can bet The Hell will come down on her like a ton of bricks. And no woman more embodies everything that The Hell fears and loathes than Kate Moss — fiercely independent, financially unimpeachable (good for a man, bad for a woman — implies drive and self-possession), blessed with a drink/drug-defying beauty and apparently completely impervious to what others think of her.

I’ve always liked Miss Moss, but on reading this week in The Hell that “a friend” reported her as cleaving to la vie bohème because she has “this absolute horror of becoming one of those people who starts talking about schools and 4x4s. She doesn’t want to do a Madonna and settle down”, she went right to the very top of my Big Gay Crush chart.

Horrified by schools and 4x4s! — whew, that’s fighting talk. And such is the dominance of the bland, bloodless, bourgeois view of what constitutes a happy, successful, fulfilled life that to express these views puts someone on the outside of polite society as surely as if they had stuck a needle in their arm, a crack-pipe in their mouths and stood like a stoned scarecrow outside the local infants school at home time.

Indeed I would bet that Miss Moss’s erstwhile paramour Pete Doherty will be forgiven quicker for his trespasses against the mind-numbing norm than she will hers. He, after all, can be pitied as a helpless, hopeless junkie; that he is a man, and from a solid middle-class background won’t hurt either. But Kate — a woman of low-born origin, at the peak of her desirability, a mother — in theory should have embraced the bourgeois ideal as tight as a tourniquet, desperate for its bland benediction. Yet it is grotesque to her; kill the witch!

What is odd is that the bourgeoisie genuinely cannot see why bohemians reject their way of life; they feel that to aspire to it should be as natural as breathing. Well, as a senior member of the boho clan, I shall attempt to spell it out. When you look at our lives and see them as an expression of some self-destructive death-wish, we look at your lives of quiet desperation and think exactly the same. The moribundity and caution of the bourgeois life seems as suicidal to us, spiritually and physically, as the recklessness of ours seems to you. Except that we all know who’s having more fun.

And furthermore, I would bet that at least three quarters of all men saddled with a desperate housewife/bovine earthmother secretly wants a boho broad like Miss Moss — and would happily see his wife and kiddies drown in icy water, as Hanif Kureishi once put it, if he were guaranteed to get one. That is the dirty little secret of straight, smug society; no wonder The Hell has its prim knickers in such a twist about our Kate.

FUCK FUCK FUCK!

I was born in Hexham! Noooooooooooo!

27992[/snapback]

Oh feck this just gets worse by the day!

*hunts out birth certificate in vain hope Im wrong :razz:

28009[/snapback]

Cheeky sod. :D

I was only born there because that's where the spinal unit was at the time.. oh cruel fate.. :lol:

27698[/snapback]

I didn't either.

28013[/snapback]

It's because she's an attention whore who likes to be associated with 'dangerous types'. They deserve each other.

27698[/snapback]

I didn't either.

28013[/snapback]

It's because she's an attention whore who likes to be associated with 'dangerous types'. They deserve each other.

28087[/snapback]

maybe you're right.

But - she would get plenty of attention anyway.....and you wouldn't turn her down any more than I would !!!

Edited by LeazesMag

He's an arse. I liked The Libertines, and I think/thought Babyshambles were OK, but what a waster, what a fucking waster he is.

27780[/snapback]

I seen what you did there.

I don't really know much about Pete Doherty but I'll say one thing, Julie Burchill is shit!

28291[/snapback]

Kudos on the random Burchill slating.

I don't really know much about Pete Doherty but I'll say one thing, Julie Burchill is shit!

28291[/snapback]

Kudos on the random Burchill slating.

28302[/snapback]

It's not totally random, she is quoted in this thread tbh :razz: