Dyer talking to west ham

khay

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, quite reassuring but I agree with Gol in that it's actions not words needed. I feel a bit more confident about Allardyce fulfilling his promises though.

I agree. Both, Souness and Roeder, were saying nice stuff as well, but failed in actually doing it. With Allardyce I have the feeling that he has at least actually start doing some things like organising the backroom staff etc. right from the start. But a lot will depend on him getting the football stuff on the pitch right as well...

Dyer's replacement should be a player with pace. Dyer can play in around 3 positions, so that'll be something to be taken into consideration. I'd like it to be SWP, but doubt we could get him.

Dyer's replacement should be a player with pace. Dyer can play in around 3 positions, so that'll be something to be taken into consideration. I'd like it to be SWP, but doubt we could get him.

ie not smudger smith

skysports

Newcastle United boss Sam Allardyce is looking to replace Kieron Dyer at St James' Park by the end of the week.

Former Ipswich Town ace Dyer is set to leave The Magpies after West Ham agreed an undisclosed fee for the England international winger.

Along with landing Dyer's replacement, Allardyce has conceded he will still needs at least four fresh faces to add depth to his Newcastle squad.

"My job now is to replace him, which shouldn't take too long I don't think, and then move on to other players in other positions as quickly as I can or at the same time," said Allardyce.

"I think we'll be close by the end of the week to maybe one or two players, I would hope.

"Then after that I would look to get at least another two or maybe three in because if Kieron goes, whoever comes in to replace him, that's only one for one, so it's not actually improving the squad in terms of strength in depth.

"There's still three or four players need to be got on top of whoever we replace Kieron with."

ie not smudger smith

yep.

Funny how we can replace a midfielder in a matter of days, but when it comes to defenders we're really struggling.

Do schools not teach players how to defend these days? Are there really that few defenders coming through the ranks in this country??

From a Hammers site:

The proposed transfer of Kieron Dyer to the Boleyn is in doubt.

Reports are suggesting that the deal to bring former Lee Bowyer sparring-partner Kieron Dyer to the Boleyn has stalled. Although announcements made earlier this week suggested that a fee had been agreed with Newcastle and that the move would go through once personal terms had been agreed, news agencies are now suggesting that there may be a problem between the clubs concerning the fee.

More on this as it comes in....

From a Hammers site:

The proposed transfer of Kieron Dyer to the Boleyn is in doubt.

Reports are suggesting that the deal to bring former Lee Bowyer sparring-partner Kieron Dyer to the Boleyn has stalled. Although announcements made earlier this week suggested that a fee had been agreed with Newcastle and that the move would go through once personal terms had been agreed, news agencies are now suggesting that there may be a problem between the clubs concerning the fee.

More on this as it comes in....

Can we have a whip round ???

The Times

Kieron Dyer’s career edged dangerously close to limbo last night after complications arose with the England midfield player’s proposed transfer to West Ham United. On the day that Sam Allardyce completed the £6 million signing of Alan Smith, sources in London claimed that Newcastle United, at the behest of Mike Ashley, the club’s new owner, had dramatically raised their asking price for Dyer.

Dyer, who has a long history of injury, spent yesterday undergoing rigorous medical tests, which he passed, before an expected £6 million move. But Ashley, unhappy with the way that West Ham have conducted business, reportedly demanded an increased fee of about £8 million.

Dyer is in a precarious position. Having informed Allardyce that he wished to leave Newcastle for “family reasons” - his two children live in Ipswich - he has been targeted for abuse by some fans on Tyneside.

The ramifications for Allardyce’s budget are unclear. After Smith’s arrival from Manchester United on a five-year contract, the Newcastle manager had hoped to attract a further four signings, all of them defenders. Michael Owen will miss the start of the season with a thigh injury that Allardyce described as a “tear”.

It says a lot about the West Ham team that are supposedly going to do very well next year when they're bought two of our better players, yet most of our supporters feel we replaced them with better players for less.

We'll finish above West Ham next season. No doubt about it.

i reckon 6 million isnt enough for dyer, 8 million sounds right but 6 million plus the huge wages 'earned' by the player would lead me to believe the deal already sounds good. Mike Ashley please let him go

Reckon West Ham will still pay it, as they'll see him as a replacement for Tevez :lol: Plus the 2 million theyve just got for Tevez could be spent on the extra we want from Dyer. After all, i dont remember them ever buying him???

If West Ham refuse to pay £8m and we keep him I'll not be too bothered.

I can understand your view but not too logical. Yes, he is a top player on his day but keeping a player who categorically does not wish to play for club, especially after the recent events is ridiculous. He would barely give 50% work ethic now.

Edited by NobbySol