Craig Gordon to Sunderland

Glen

I want everyone who has an opinion on this to watch Celtic's winner on this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQIzqXMYhd8

I've seen him a few times £2m would be too much for him and I mean that. Absolutely staggering amount of money for someone so average.

To be fair the Craig Gordon Video itself suggests he is decent. Everyone makes fuck ups:

Poor example, that was a freak. The Craig Gordon one (and there are others), emphasises a poor handling ability under pressure. The worst goal Given conceded for the toon was Bentley's in that 2-2 draw, and it was no where near as bad as that one at Celtic Park.

A freak? Not poor goalkeeping? :lol:

Shays superb but one example is a shite way to judge a keeper. Thats the point. The compilation of Gordon looks decent. No doubt he is over priced but can't help feeling youre not be entirely fair to the lad for some reason.....

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's use a little logic here eh!

Keane is aware his team will have to play Newcastle at least twice this season.

Keane is aware of the enmity between his club and ours.

Keane is aware we have a formidable strike force this season.

Keane is aware we will be out to bury him in the derby matches.

Keane has to be aware he must prevent a glut of goals scored against him by the Magpies.

Keane knows he had better get the best keeper he can who is available no matter what the cost.

he's a good keeper but i'm sure that amount of money would have been better spent elsewhere. with £9m they could have signed a top class striker which i think they're in more need of if they want to stay up.

he's a good keeper but i'm sure that amount of money would have been better spent elsewhere. with £9m they could have signed a top class striker which i think they're in more need of if they want to stay up.

like who though? bearing in mind how sunderland are not exactly an attractive proposition!

Guest stevieintoon
I can't understand why he chose the mackems over Villa.

Why?

He's joined the better and more passionately supported of two mickey mouse clubs as far as I'm concerned, the main difference is at Sunderland, he's just 2 hours away from his family. I'm no mackem lover ewerk but if I didn't piss black and white and came from Scotland I'd have chosen them too.

Edited by stevieintoon

Jaaskelainen is up there as well like.

Van der Sar too.

I've never really been a fan of Van der Saar and not just because of the club he plays for. I think he's massively over-rated and can quite as easily have a shite game than play a blinder.

Cech is away on his own IMO with Given next in line. Behind that you've got the likes of Friedal, Reina, Van der Saar, Jaaskelainen, Niemi, James, Robinson & Green who I think are generally all on a par.

tbh i think there in more need of a keeper, well were, than a striker. A decent keeper is vital and although they say goals win matches, sunderland are not going to score four goals a game when they are conceding three. They desperately need to keep it tight at the back and craig gordon will help that. Good keeper, ridiculous price but it's what they needed so fair play to the tossers. You never know, they could avoid relegation :lol:

Van der Sar too.

I've never really been a fan of Van der Saar and not just because of the club he plays for. I think he's massively over-rated and can quite as easily have a shite game than play a blinder.

Cech is away on his own IMO with Given next in line. Behind that you've got the likes of Friedal, Reina, Van der Saar, Jaaskelainen, Niemi, James, Robinson & Green who I think are generally all on a par.

Lol i think green is shite lol really shite.

Van der Sar too.

I agree with you about Van Der Sar. Man Utd fans started worrying last season that he'd drop a bollock in each game. He flapped at one or two in the Community Shield on Sunday.

I'm not sure about Robinson and Green in your list though. I think that Robinson has far too many mistakes and Green was kept out of West Ham's goals by Roy Carrol :lol:

Friedel and Niemi look fantastic on motd with their shot-stopping, but tbh, I've not seen enough of them to know about their all-around game.

Van der Sar too.

I agree with you about Van Der Sar. Man Utd fans started worrying last season that he'd drop a bollock in each game. He flapped at one or two in the Community Shield on Sunday.

I'm not sure about Robinson and Green in your list though. I think that Robinson has far too many mistakes and Green was kept out of West Ham's goals by Roy Carrol :lol:

Friedel and Niemi look fantastic on motd with their shot-stopping, but tbh, I've not seen enough of them to know about their all-around game.

I agree with the robinson part as well, hes just a fat bastard, foster for england number 1

I want everyone who has an opinion on this to watch Celtic's winner on this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQIzqXMYhd8

I've seen him a few times £2m would be too much for him and I mean that. Absolutely staggering amount of money for someone so average.

I made an off the cuff comment on youtube about him having the dexterity of a donkey, this was the reply:

It started with fuck off you cunt

also why would he need dexterity to be a goalkeeper you tit?! dexterity is the ability to use both hands as in ambidextrous. plus, only a goalkeeper can tell you how difficult those balls are to take with the amounnt of spin that was on that ball it was damn near impossible.

Has to be a mackem :lol:

Van der Sar too.

Cudicini always looked decent

I'd put Cudicini and Van der Sar ahead of Given personally (along with Cech, obviously) and I'm a fan of Given. Van der Sar is let down by not being able to get down to low shots / headers close to him at times, due to his size. Other aspects of his game more than make it for it though, not least his distribution which is excellent.

Edited by alex

Van der Sar too.

Fatty Arbuckle? :lol:

I really don't rate Robinson and judging by Glory-Glory.net last season nor do the Spurs fans.

Why?

He's joined the better and more passionately supported of two mickey mouse clubs as far as I'm concerned, the main difference is at Sunderland, he's just 2 hours away from his family. I'm no mackem lover ewerk but if I didn't piss black and white and came from Scotland I'd have chosen them too.

I'm not saying that Villa are anyone's dream club but Sunderland's squad on paper is certainly below average and far poorer than Villa's imo. Sunderland will most likely be fighting relegation next season (although I don't think they'll go down) while Villa are an established Premiership team, with a decent manager, money to spend and should finish somewhere mid-table.

If it were my unbiased decision then I would've chose Villa.

Guest stevieintoon

Why?

I'm not saying that Villa are anyone's dream club but Sunderland's squad on paper is certainly below average and far poorer than Villa's imo. Sunderland will most likely be fighting relegation next season (although I don't think they'll go down) while Villa are an established Premiership team, with a decent manager, money to spend and should finish somewhere mid-table.

If it were my unbiased decision then I would've chose Villa.

You have to take in to consideration he's only 120 miles from Edinburgh though.

Look at Shaun Maloney, he can't settle in the Midlands primarily because it's far from Glasgow, and it's shite. Think of the worst area of the Republic of Ireland, then imagine it being 10 times worse, and you're still no where near as big of a shithole as Birmingham. One of my mates went to Aston Uni, he was one of the funniest, cheery people you'll ever meet, yet he came back depressed after 3 years. I would too.

Its long been said that a good keeper can be worth up to 10 points or so in a season.

If those points are enough to keep them up, then theyve signed a bargain.

and fair play to them - its a massive statement of intent to sign a keeper for 9M.

He's really gone about strenghtening from the back, but if they can't score goals, then they're screwed.

Chopra never looked PL class, Connolly has always struggled at that level, and Stokes is untried, but didn't bag many in the Championship and has a shitty attitude.

Its long been said that a good keeper can be worth up to 10 points or so in a season.

If those points are enough to keep them up, then theyve signed a bargain.

and fair play to them - its a massive statement of intent to sign a keeper for 9M.

They're banking on him and Chopra being worth 10-15 points each, if their right then they'll probably stay up. As someone posted before I think hearts have thought of amount and doubled it and waited to see if anyone will pay it, Sunderland have, and i have to say I'm now looking forward to seeing this kid in action as lets face it i would imagine he's going to be pretty busy.

I think Keane must have had Schmeichel in mind when signing him, laying foundations etc, no good if they don't survive this season.

I'd put Cudicini and Van der Sar ahead of Given personally (along with Cech, obviously) and I'm a fan of Given. Van der Sar is let down by not being able to get down to low shots / headers close to him at times, due to his size. Other aspects of his game more than make it for it though, not least his distribution which is excellent.

Never been a fan of Cudicini. Decent but not in Givens league. Van der Sar was suspect and seems he hasnt got over it. He always had a stinker when we played Fulham up here.

And I'm not sure Mido is the right man to score those goals. Chopra, for me, needs a big lad with a good attitude beside him. If he gets that then maybe he can score some goals, but without that defences will bully him out of the game. If they get a canny striker who Chopra can get about I think they'll stop up, but I don't either Samaras (who I think they're looking at as well) or Mido is the right man. They should have gone for Harewood.

But maybe they'll shock everyone again and spunk £18m on a centre forward.

Look at Shaun Maloney, he can't settle in the Midlands primarily because it's far from Glasgow, and it's shite. Think of the worst area of the Republic of Ireland, then imagine it being 10 times worse, and you're still no where near as big of a shithole as Birmingham. One of my mates went to Aston Uni, he was one of the funniest, cheery people you'll ever meet, yet he came back depressed after 3 years. I would too.

I loved it there. Probably says more about me than your mate though. :lol: