Josh Wright [Charlton - Barnet] Loan

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rangers win race to sign up Faye

Amdy Faye had joined Charlton from Newcastle

Rangers have signed Senegal midfielder Amdy Faye on a season-long loan from Charlton Athletic.

The Ibrox club beat off competition from English Premier League clubs, including Birmingham City, to capture the 30-year-old.

Faye joined Charlton from Newcastle United for £2m but could not prevent the London club being relegated.

He had previously played for Auxerre and Portsmouth before heading for St James' Park.

Faye to play against Barca, Lyon and Stuttgart in the Champions League :lol:

I couldn't believe when Charlton got relegated that he was one of the players being touted as going straight back to a PL team. Willy MacKay eh, got a lot to answer for that bloke, pally with David Murray which is why he's gone to Rangers. Amdy Faye eh? Or as my old man used to call him, Amdy Fucking Faye.

1007: WIGAN in on loan/Charlton out on loan

The Latics have wasted no time in boosting their forward ranks after releasing Caleb Folan. Marcus Bent is on his way to the JJB on a season-long loan. That is the second man Addicks boss Alan Pardew has sent out on loan this morning. It is the ninth arrival at Wigan this summer.

1024: There is always the chance your club could sign a right chump today and Liverpool could be that club. Despite your rumours of a welter of wonderful signings coming to Anfield today, the Italian daily Tuttosport reports that Jean-Alain Boumsong will arrive from Juventus. Yes, that's the same Boumsong who blundered his way around Newcastle's defence from 2005 to 2006.

1114: PORTSMOUTH buy/CHELSEA sell

We certainly expected this one - and not just because of the heads up from Bookem. All confirmed now and Portsmouth have picked up Glen Johnson from Chelsea for £3m. The full-back was at Pompey last season on loan.

Rumour: Some airport news. 99sc1610 is waiting to greet his partner at Heathrow, but sod the flowers and a warm hug at the arrivals door, he's hot-legged it to an internet cafe to tell us Ronaldinho "and his entourage" are in the building. Up in the north-east, Shady77's got a message from his Dad who works at Teesside airport and has seen Newcastle chairman Chris Mort going out to greet someone off a private jet that flew in from Barcelona. Deco maybe?

or riquelme?

Rumour: Some airport news. 99sc1610 is waiting to greet his partner at Heathrow, but sod the flowers and a warm hug at the arrivals door, he's hot-legged it to an internet cafe to tell us Ronaldinho "and his entourage" are in the building. Up in the north-east, Shady77's got a message from his Dad who works at Teesside airport and has seen Newcastle chairman Chris Mort going out to greet someone off a private jet that flew in from Barcelona. Deco maybe?

or riquelme?

Sheeeeeerar

Lille have swooped to sign former Holland international striker Patrick Kluivert.

Kluivert was a free agent after leaving PSV Eindhoven at the end of last season and had been linked with a return to England, where he had an unsuccessful spell at Newcastle.

But Lille have announced they have agreed a deal for the 31-year-old to play in Ligue 1 this season.

Kluivert has previously played for the likes of Ajax, Milan and Barcelona but will ply his trade in French football for the first time.

"Our club keeps on growing and makes no secret of its ambition," Lille said on their official website.

"Kluivert will bring his massive experience to our team."

Kluivert has scored a Dutch record 40 goals in 79 internationals.

Fulham complete Stefanovic deal

Fulham have signed Portsmouth's Serbian defender Dejan Stefanovic.

The 32-year-old has moved from Fratton Park in a £1m deal and has agreed a two-year contract.

Fulham boss Lawrie Sanchez said: "Dejan is a formidable defender with vast experience at both domestic and international levels.

"He reads the game well, is brave and knows the pace and strength of the Premiership, so I have no doubt that he will prove to be an asset for us."

Stefanovic joined Pompey from Vitesse Arnhem in July 2003, and had been captain of Harry Redknapp's side.

Sanchez added: "It's been a busy transfer period for us and we have bought some real quality into the squad.

"It's been a disappointing start for us in terms of the results, but I'm confident that we have a squad of players now that can go on and achieve things here."

Portsmouth sign full-back Johnson

Portsmouth have signed Glen Johnson from Chelsea on a four-year deal for a fee believed to be about £4m.

The 23-year-old right-back, who joined Chelsea from West Ham for £6m in July 2003, spent last season on loan at the Fratton Park club.

He was Chelsea's first signing of the Roman Abramovich era but soon found himself moved down the pecking order behind Paulo Ferreira and Geremi.

Johnson has five England caps, having made his debut in 2003 against Denmark.

News from Teesside, and according to the Middlesbrough Evening Gazzette it looks like Boro could be busy today.

Apparently Gareth Southgate is trying to land Portsmouth midfielder Gary O'Neil, while the club's pursuit of Manchester City striker Georgios Samaras may not prove successful.

Meanwhile Boro reportedly made an approach for Newcastle hitman Shola Ameobi on Thursday, but were told he's not for sale.

Edited by Scottish Mag

Rumours: Some times for your diary. Alex T has dropped us a line via 81111 to let us know Deco, Abdoulaye Faye, Habib Beye are due to meet their new team-mates at 1400 BST. Bigmanjol shares the news on 606 that "a big deal will happen at the Lane" at 1530 BST.

Christ, I wish the Beeb wouldn't do stuff like this. Against all my better judgement i'm getting my hopes up :lol:

Rumours: Some times for your diary. Alex T has dropped us a line via 81111 to let us know Deco, Abdoulaye Faye, Habib Beye are due to meet their new team-mates at 1400 BST. Bigmanjol shares the news on 606 that "a big deal will happen at the Lane" at 1530 BST.

Christ, I wish the Beeb wouldn't do stuff like this. Against all my better judgement i'm getting my hopes up :lol:

i know what u mean mate!....2 o clock we'll see...

1227: ASTON VILLA in on loan/WEST BROM out on loan

Happy days. The drought is over and Curtis Davies - who has been linked with most Premier League clubs in the last 12 months - has decided to take the short trip down the road to Villa Park.

Just thinking what the change of regime means - I remember last year sitting up till midnight screaming "we have to sign some fucker" at SSN. This year presuming the two sign we can relax for once.

(Though I hope Deco shite is true just for a laugh)

Just thinking what the change of regime means - I remember last year sitting up till midnight screaming "we have to sign some fucker" at SSN. This year presuming the two sign we can relax for once

I remember that last year, and then all of a sudden, when all hopes were starting to fade, ''BREAKING NEWS: Newcastle have signed Antoine Sibierski!''

Very similar to me although I was up shouting "We have to sign anybody but that fucker!" at SSN.

Intrestingly enough, .COM are reporting that Mort has been spotted at Teesside Airport