Ameobi - Always the whipping boy....

bassplayerjj

Here we go again... :icon_lol:

He's not being used as a scapegoat, he's being criticised for being a brainless idiot. Up to his usual tricks yesterday.

It makes me fucking sick.

To be fair to Ameobi, I saw the game last night, and he did more for me than Viduka has done so far in his general play. All I've seen Viduka do is score that spectacular goal against Boro (fantastic goal from a player who has it in him to do something like that out of nowhere). Ameobi was offside a couple of times last night, but Viduka has been offside way more this season and has given an awful lot more free-kicks away. Ameobi for me won more in the air than Viduka has done. Also he did hold the ball up well on a few occasions waiting for our far too defensive minded midfield to get forward.

I've seen all our games this season... and that is simply not true. Viduka was poor against Boro, but good against Wigan. As for being offside and giving away free kicks, you're simply talking crap.

You've not really helped your case in proving he isn't a scapegoat by not explaining why all the other players didn't get abuse from you - certainly not in the same vain as Ameobi. He wasn't even the worst player on the pitch.

Then again he's a brainless idiot, so should be shot. :icon_lol:

The thing that really boiled my piss with Ameobi yesterday was twice we had a freekick and he stood in an offside position before the kick was even taken. You can understand if he stands back then runs onside just before the ball is kicked, but to just fucking stand there... and TWICE ffs. This is supposedly a professional fucking footballer for crying out loud!

If he'd just ambled around up front as usual and was pretty much anonymous then I wouldn't have singled him out. But he didn't, he fucked up two free kicks and a couple of the rare attacks we had.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah so winning a fair share of headers yesterday, setting up Owen with a wonderfully weighted through ball the game before and scoring almost 1 in 2 from christmas until the end of the 05/06 season after which he had a hip operation means he's unable to pass, head, stay on side, stay on feet, run and shoot.

It's far too easy to say shit like that Shola, and whenever he does have a decent game there is far too little recognition. Most of us are a fickle and unreasonable bunch.

If you can accept performances like Ameobi demonstrated last night then you have no ambition or expectation for this club to be anything other than lower table mediocrity.

I don't accept his performance last night - nor do I accept the performance of most of the other players. I take it you do?

You patronising prick, of course I don't, we were shit last night, I know it, you know it, from front to back we were not good enough, but Ameobi was in a different league of shitness, and not for the first time, perhaps when you Shola sympathisers have finished sucking each others dicks you'll realise the twat isn't good enough.

yeah so winning a fair share of headers yesterday, setting up Owen with a wonderfully weighted through ball the game before and scoring almost 1 in 2 from christmas until the end of the 05/06 season after which he had a hip operation means he's unable to pass, head, stay on side, stay on feet, run and shoot.

It's far too easy to say shit like that Shola, and whenever he does have a decent game there is far too little recognition. Most of us are a fickle and unreasonable bunch.

If you can accept performances like Ameobi demonstrated last night then you have no ambition or expectation for this club to be anything other than lower table mediocrity.

I don't accept his performance last night - nor do I accept the performance of most of the other players. I take it you do?

You patronising prick, of course I don't, we were shit last night, I know it, you know it, from front to back we were not good enough, but Ameobi was in a different league of shitness, and not for the first time, perhaps when you Shola sympathisers have finished sucking each others dicks you'll realise the twat isn't good enough.

Thanks, a tongue in cheek lighthearted comment leads to insults. Guess that's this the lovely nature of this forum for you.

I've never said anything offensive here. Certainly not to you, no more than the silly comments I;m sure you've said to everyone.

Thanks, a tongue in cheek lighthearted comment leads to insults. Guess that's this the lovely nature of this forum for you.

I've never said anything offensive here. Certainly not to you, no more than the silly comments I;m sure you've said to everyone.

Thats it, attempt to take the moral high-ground, if you can't recognise a player that is utterly out of his depth, and undeserving of a starting place in ANY premiership team, then I seriously question your judgement.

They were all shit last night, I can't argue against that, but Shola took the piss, surely you or any can't disagree ?

Let's spread the abuse around to the players who contibuted a great deal to a perfectly shit performence overall.

HARPER: could be abused for being too far off his line and allowing them to score a cracker from 35 yards. If he had been closer to his line he could have probably saved it and spared us the humiliating defeat.

TAYLOR: could be abused for his under-par performence and lack of ball-control when he was surging forward and getting himself stranded up field. Out of position is no excuse, he's played right-back many times in the past. Maybe Big Sam should have dropped him.

ROZENHALL: not as solid as he has been and looked a bit flustered at times. Shouldn't have missed that sitter which would have probably changed the games outcome. The back four was flawed against bottom of the table Derby.

CACAPA: there is no need for a defender with his experience and skill to kick balls into touch when there is no pressure from an opponent, but he did and that shows either panic or lack of confidence in being able to clear the line and get the ball downfield rather than give them possession via a throw-in. The back four was flawed against bottom of the table Derby.

NZOGBIA: kept falling down, should have changed his studs. An under-par performence from him compared with the previous games. Wasn't making fruitful runs and wasn't giving their defense anxiety attacks like he usually does.

BUTT: but what can I say, he wasn't a commanding figure in the middle like he has been, his passing was below par and he wasn't feeding the strike-force the way he should have been.

SMITH: there's enough been said already about him, however, reckless tackles, errant passing, lack of flair, are not excused by hard work.

GEREMI: my oh my, couldn't get good corner-kicks across, too many bad passes, couldn't capitalize on set pieces, and compared to previous games he was worse than before. If leading by example is the way to go no wonder the team were a load of shite.

OWEN: same-o same-o, he is useless unless he gets the service he needs, he was pretty much anonymous and didn't cause their defense any problems.

MILNER: one of his worse days, was trying to take people on but having little success at doing it and not getting the crosses in.

AMEOBE: Spread the abuse around, in my opinion there wasn't one player who had what could be called a good game. They were all below par with the exception of Harper who you could say was on a par.

So we give out glowing references for a decent game these days? I cant remember seeing anyone spunking over Owen "doing alright". The simple fact of life is Shola is not good enough to pull on the shirt, its not his fault hes just generally inept.

Let's spread the abuse around to the players who contibuted a great deal to a perfectly shit performence overall.

HARPER: could be abused for being too far off his line and allowing them to score a cracker from 35 yards. If he had been closer to his line he could have probably saved it and spared us the humiliating defeat.

TAYLOR: could be abused for his under-par performence and lack of ball-control when he was surging forward and getting himself stranded up field. Out of position is no excuse, he's played right-back many times in the past. Maybe Big Sam should have dropped him.

ROZENHALL: not as solid as he has been and looked a bit flustered at times. Shouldn't have missed that sitter which would have probably changed the games outcome. The back four was flawed against bottom of the table Derby.

CACAPA: there is no need for a defender with his experience and skill to kick balls into touch when there is no pressure from an opponent, but he did and that shows either panic or lack of confidence in being able to clear the line and get the ball downfield rather than give them possession via a throw-in. The back four was flawed against bottom of the table Derby.

NZOGBIA: kept falling down, should have changed his studs. An under-par performence from him compared with the previous games. Wasn't making fruitful runs and wasn't giving their defense anxiety attacks like he usually does.

BUTT: but what can I say, he wasn't a commanding figure in the middle like he has been, his passing was below par and he wasn't feeding the strike-force the way he should have been.

SMITH: there's enough been said already about him, however, reckless tackles, errant passing, lack of flair, are not excused by hard work.

GEREMI: my oh my, couldn't get good corner-kicks across, too many bad passes, couldn't capitalize on set pieces, and compared to previous games he was worse than before. If leading by example is the way to go no wonder the team were a load of shite.

OWEN: same-o same-o, he is useless unless he gets the service he needs, he was pretty much anonymous and didn't cause their defense any problems.

MILNER: one of his worse days, was trying to take people on but having little success at doing it and not getting the crosses in.

AMEOBE: Spread the abuse around, in my opinion there wasn't one player who had what could be called a good game. They were all below par with the exception of Harper who you could say was on a par.

Finally some sanity.

Thats it, attempt to take the moral high-ground, if you can't recognise a player that is utterly out of his depth, and undeserving of a starting place in ANY premiership team, then I seriously question your judgement.

They were all shit last night, I can't argue against that, but Shola took the piss, surely you or any can't disagree ?

If Heskey, Ashton, Bent, Berbatov etc were in Shola's place last night they would hardly have done any better because the service was fucking shite. Just like Owen, no service, no performance. People seem far too quick to criticise Shola when he's feeding off scraps all night and no support from the midfield. Shouldn't we be supporting the lad and judging him when he actually has the tools to do his job? Decent crosses, decent passing and movement from the midfield etc? It's his first prem start in god knows how long and yea, he was caught offside a couple times when he shouldn't have been but hardly a crime to be slaughtered for given his lack of 'match fitness' (haha can't believe I got that one in there).

Again you are speculating ridiculously talking about Berbatov, Ashton etc... It's not as if Shola has no precendants, the reason people are annoyed is because it's always the same shit from him regardless.

Again you are speculating ridiculously talking about Berbatov, Ashton etc... It's not as if Shola has no precendants, the reason people are annoyed is because it's always the same shit from him regardless.

I just can't accept this, because it isn't always the same shit for me. Granted, I've been frustrated with him more than not, but the form he has showed at times makes me believe that with a clean bill of health he can push on and be a useful squad member. Criticising him after his first start in ages for a performance that for me was neither dreadful nor great just seems to me unjust.

Firstly let's honestly address the Shola question; if the guy could control a ball then he wouldn't receive half the abuse he gets.

The angry midget said it best when he stated Shola traps a ball further than wacky can pass it. The amount of times he loses possession because it ricochets of his shin or even worse from his head to his hand is beyond what any supporter should expect for a professional footballer. Also if he were to stop swinging those arms that always lead to him giving away free kicks chances are it wouldn't hit his hands as much as well.

In defence of the defence - there was no excuse for Charlie or Taylor's games, they couldn't pass to save their lives and for all SA's backroom staff if there isn't one of them that could advise Charlie that he needed a longer set of studs then what's the use of a clinical psychologist?

But as for Cacapa and Rozy, I don't think anyone can blame him for playing the simple ball out at time as the problem with our defence on Monday night all stemmed from the midfield and its lack of everything. They didn't create options for the CBs, they didn't seem to have a grasp of whom they should be marking and the way they kept of giving up possession repeatedly through miss placed passes or by aiming it at donkey to miscontrol back to Derby's midfield, yes the ball often ricocheted that far, made Roz and Cacapa's jobs that much harder.

Wake up and smell the coffee all you Ameobi sympathisers, he shouldn't lace up another pair of boots for NUFC again, I can cope with players occasionally having a bad game but Shola last night was symply inept.

Yes, on the most part the whole team was shit last night, but Shola took the definition of shit to whole new level.

Anyone willing to accept that kind of performance should accept us being in the lower reaches of the Premier League.

Thats something I'm not willing to do.

Jimbo usually talks sense, although I don't often agree with him. In this case I am 100% in accord.

He is awful. He is League One awful and it is time to get rid already. We've offered shite like him a berth at this club for far too long and I thought Allardyce was moving in the right direction by FINALLY clearing out Bramble, Moore, other deadwood. But I believe he has overlooked Shola.

Ship him off to Leeds, let him help them with their promotion push. He could be a hero there. He's nothing but an offside liability here.

Ship him off to Leeds, let him help them with their promotion push. He could be a hero there. He's nothing but an offside liability here.

Send him to Darlo, they playing black and white stripes so it would probably take him a year or two to realise he was no longer at the toon!

It makes me fucking sick.

To be fair to Ameobi, I saw the game last night, and he did more for me than Viduka has done so far in his general play. All I've seen Viduka do is score that spectacular goal against Boro (fantastic goal from a player who has it in him to do something like that out of nowhere). Ameobi was offside a couple of times last night, but Viduka has been offside way more this season and has given an awful lot more free-kicks away. Ameobi for me won more in the air than Viduka has done. Also he did hold the ball up well on a few occasions waiting for our far too defensive minded midfield to get forward.

He didn't have the best of games, but people are making out that he missed 3 open goals and gave the ball away all the time....The lad had one half chance and just missed the target.

Ameobi may not be the answer, but to bash him when for me he has contributed more than Viduka, is quite unfair.

Fuck off. Fuck off. Fuck off.

The bloke is a shambles. He shouldn't be allowed near a football pitch again.

Hey noelie you said Owen was annonymous and never troubled Derby all night. Owen set up Roz after a brilliant run and cut back. I'd call that causing trouble but you seem too stupid to see it even after I point it out to you.

Try watching the game and you might know what you are talking about, dummy.

Hey noelie you said Owen was annonymous and never troubled Derby all night. Owen set up Roz after a brilliant run and cut back. I'd call that causing trouble but you seem too stupid to see it even after I point it out to you.

What are you like 6 or something?

Ultimately I blame SA for starting him.

Fair point. Do you think he can just relegate the likely candidates to the Reserves/transfer list now, or does he need to go through a process in training/on the pitch for a few weeks/months to see where the problem lies? Maybe a shrink can sort him out, or he may need to add a nuclear physicist to the backroom staff to figure out why Ameobi's molecular structure repels leather.

Oh but I did watch the game Sniffer, in its entirety, and I hardly think that 1(one) so-called by you brilliant run by Owen could show he was causing their defense problems more than one time, it takes more than one to raise him from annonimity. I admit I may be stupid but not stupid enough to recognize that Owen did precious little to worry their defenders all night, nobody did.

Perhaps you could tell this dummy what else Owen did besides that one brilliant run so I can retract my comment that he was annonymous.