Ameobi - Always the whipping boy....

bassplayerjj

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again you are speculating ridiculously talking about Berbatov, Ashton etc... It's not as if Shola has no precendants, the reason people are annoyed is because it's always the same shit from him regardless.

I just can't accept this, because it isn't always the same shit for me. Granted, I've been frustrated with him more than not, but the form he has showed at times makes me believe that with a clean bill of health he can push on and be a useful squad member. Criticising him after his first start in ages for a performance that for me was neither dreadful nor great just seems to me unjust.

I used to say that, I was wrong. You're insistence that Ameobi did no worse than any top flight attacker would have done is just ridiculous. He won nothing don't say he did I saw the game he didn't. He did no running at all none zilch zip rien absolutely zero. He stood offside for 2 thats right 2 free kicks. And that is stood didnt wander or mistakenly tread offside he stood quite obviously offside completely ruining 2 chances. He led with his elbows he jumped a maximum of 2 inches off the ground when he managed to leave the ground.

Now nobody was good against Derby and I have not let enyone off with the muck spreading. But for you to say Shola deserves none is quite possibly the stupidest thing I have read on here. And that is up against some pretty tough competition.

Edited by Kevin Carr's Gloves

yeah so winning a fair share of headers yesterday, setting up Owen with a wonderfully weighted through ball the game before and scoring almost 1 in 2 from christmas until the end of the 05/06 season after which he had a hip operation means he's unable to pass, head, stay on side, stay on feet, run and shoot.

It's far too easy to say shit like that Shola, and whenever he does have a decent game there is far too little recognition. Most of us are a fickle and unreasonable bunch.

If you can accept performances like Ameobi demonstrated last night then you have no ambition or expectation for this club to be anything other than lower table mediocrity.

I don't accept his performance last night - nor do I accept the performance of most of the other players. I take it you do?

You patronising prick, of course I don't, we were shit last night, I know it, you know it, from front to back we were not good enough, but Ameobi was in a different league of shitness, and not for the first time, perhaps when you Shola sympathisers have finished sucking each others dicks you'll realise the twat isn't good enough.

Thanks, a tongue in cheek lighthearted comment leads to insults. Guess that's this the lovely nature of this forum for you.

I've never said anything offensive here. Certainly not to you, no more than the silly comments I;m sure you've said to everyone.

Thats it, attempt to take the moral high-ground, if you can't recognise a player that is utterly out of his depth, and undeserving of a starting place in ANY premiership team, then I seriously question your judgement.

They were all shit last night, I can't argue against that, but Shola took the piss, surely you or any can't disagree ?

The reason why I'm attempting to take the moral high-ground is because you're throwing about completely unnecessary insults that you'd have heard at school. I suggest you calm down a bit because I can't seriously be winding you up that much.

Frankly I recognised ages ago Shola shouldn't be starting and that's not his fault he was picked to start. My point isn't that hard to grasp - if he were given some time to perform he would end up scoring goals like he did before the operation, and when he's scoring no one would hold his mistakes against him nearly as much. Sadly he hasn't had the chance to, but he still gets abused as always. If the whole team is playing crap, Shola shouldn't be forced to play far better than the rest of the team just to receive an equal amount of criticism.

It's simple really. Some people think I'm his biggest fan and then start insulting me just because I stand up for him. :huh:

Again you are speculating ridiculously talking about Berbatov, Ashton etc... It's not as if Shola has no precendants, the reason people are annoyed is because it's always the same shit from him regardless.

I just can't accept this, because it isn't always the same shit for me. Granted, I've been frustrated with him more than not, but the form he has showed at times makes me believe that with a clean bill of health he can push on and be a useful squad member. Criticising him after his first start in ages for a performance that for me was neither dreadful nor great just seems to me unjust.

I used to say that, I was wrong. You're insistence that Ameobi did no worse than any top flight attacker would have done is just ridiculous. He won nothing don't say he did I saw the game he didn't. He did no running at all none zilch zip rien absolutely zero. He stood offside for 2 thats right 2 free kicks. And that is stood didnt wander or mistakenly tread offside he stood quite obviously offside completely ruining 2 chances. He led with his elbows he jumped a maximum of 2 inches off the ground when he managed to leave the ground.

Now nobody was good against Derby and I have not let enyone off with the muck spreading. But for you to say Shola deserves none is quite possibly the stupidest thing I have read on here. And that is up against some pretty tough competition.

:huh: Thread closed.

yeah so winning a fair share of headers yesterday, setting up Owen with a wonderfully weighted through ball the game before and scoring almost 1 in 2 from christmas until the end of the 05/06 season after which he had a hip operation means he's unable to pass, head, stay on side, stay on feet, run and shoot.

It's far too easy to say shit like that Shola, and whenever he does have a decent game there is far too little recognition. Most of us are a fickle and unreasonable bunch.

If you can accept performances like Ameobi demonstrated last night then you have no ambition or expectation for this club to be anything other than lower table mediocrity.

I don't accept his performance last night - nor do I accept the performance of most of the other players. I take it you do?

You patronising prick, of course I don't, we were shit last night, I know it, you know it, from front to back we were not good enough, but Ameobi was in a different league of shitness, and not for the first time, perhaps when you Shola sympathisers have finished sucking each others dicks you'll realise the twat isn't good enough.

Thanks, a tongue in cheek lighthearted comment leads to insults. Guess that's this the lovely nature of this forum for you.

I've never said anything offensive here. Certainly not to you, no more than the silly comments I;m sure you've said to everyone.

Thats it, attempt to take the moral high-ground, if you can't recognise a player that is utterly out of his depth, and undeserving of a starting place in ANY premiership team, then I seriously question your judgement.

They were all shit last night, I can't argue against that, but Shola took the piss, surely you or any can't disagree ?

The reason why I'm attempting to take the moral high-ground is because you're throwing about completely unnecessary insults that you'd have heard at school. I suggest you calm down a bit because I can't seriously be winding you up that much.

Frankly I recognised ages ago Shola shouldn't be starting and that's not his fault he was picked to start. My point isn't that hard to grasp - if he were given some time to perform he would end up scoring goals like he did before the operation, and when he's scoring no one would hold his mistakes against him nearly as much. Sadly he hasn't had the chance to, but he still gets abused as always. If the whole team is playing crap, Shola shouldn't be forced to play far better than the rest of the team just to receive an equal amount of criticism.

It's simple really. Some people think I'm his biggest fan and then start insulting me just because I stand up for him. :huh:

I didn't insult you because you are a Shola fan, I responded in that way due to your patronising and condescending manner.

But why do you stand up for him?

Yes you acknowledge that he shouldn't be starting and quite rightly pointed out that he wasn't his fault he did. Surely, anyone with a modicum of intelligence would look at the players they're competing with to get in the side and, if they're fortunate to be picked, grasp the opportunity with both hands to try and hold onto that place in the starting 11?

Ameobi, whether not fully match fit or not, couldn't even be arsed. That just about sums him up for me.

I didn't insult you because you are a Shola fan, I responded in that way due to your patronising and condescending manner.

The dick sucking reference seems quite personal towards Ameobi sympathisers...

Anyway, I hope you knew it was all lighthearted. It's quite easy to come across with a different attitude on internet forums. If I did appear patronising and condescending, then I'm only acting how many others here typically act. Don't be surprised really.

The dick sucking reference seems quite personal towards Ameobi sympathisers...

Anyway, I hope you knew it was all lighthearted. It's quite easy to come across with a different attitude on internet forums. If I did appear patronising and condescending, then I'm only acting how many others here typically act. Don't be surprised really.

Well, I think it goes without saying that I wasn't actually expecting that all the Ameobi supporters were gathered in a room performing oral sex on eachother, and no, I didn't see your comment as lighthearted, my piss was still well and truely boiling from the Derby match, and your post hit a raw nerve as you can probably tell, but as you rightly said, sometimes internet forums don't always convey the spirit or humour of a statement, thats where smilies come in handy.

Did I say Shola deserves no criticism? The whole point of the thread is that I feel the amount of criticism is unfair. People don't point out any of the positives with regards to Shola, and they don't ask the question why he is so bad, instead they just mock him becuase he appears clumsier than the typical forward and it is somewhat popular to bash Shola as it was with Bramble.

- Look, I fucking hate Alan Smith. For me he lacks pace, vision/creativity in passing, he isn't the best finisher in front of goal, and he gets far too many bookings because like Paul Scholes for example he mistimes many tackles.

+ It's good to see him get stuck in though and his steely and determined presence must encourage the team somewhat. He is also able to play in a few positions so he could be a decent squad member.

---------------------------------------

- Shola Ameobi - He's been at the club a long time and has seen the likes of Shearer, Bellamy, Kluivert, Owen, Martins, Lua-Lua, Chopra and Carroll compete with him up front but hasn't ever been considered first choice unless injuries forced him to be. He can be clumsy and miss-control the ball. He doesn't win enough in the air for a big man. He isn't the quickest. He looks too casual at times. etc

+ He has instinctive skill like Kanu, skill that can't be taught or learnt. He is a handful for many defenders when he is on song. He has bulked up a bit (upper body) since his long-standing hip injury. He played in much pain when Roeder desperately needed to because of injuries to Owen and Martins. He has scored many goals in Europe for one so young. He's still just 25 with arguably his peak years ahead of him. His recent form in the premier league (since 05/06) isn't bad for a 4th choice striker.

Can we be honest about this?

Your original post was nowhere near this argument

Did I say Shola deserves no criticism? The whole point of the thread is that I feel the amount of criticism is unfair. People don't point out any of the positives with regards to Shola, and they don't ask the question why he is so bad, instead they just mock him becuase he appears clumsier than the typical forward and it is somewhat popular to bash Shola as it was with Bramble.

- Look, I fucking hate Alan Smith. For me he lacks pace, vision/creativity in passing, he isn't the best finisher in front of goal, and he gets far too many bookings because like Paul Scholes for example he mistimes many tackles.

+ It's good to see him get stuck in though and his steely and determined presence must encourage the team somewhat. He is also able to play in a few positions so he could be a decent squad member.

---------------------------------------

- Shola Ameobi - He's been at the club a long time and has seen the likes of Shearer, Bellamy, Kluivert, Owen, Martins, Lua-Lua, Chopra and Carroll compete with him up front but hasn't ever been considered first choice unless injuries forced him to be. He can be clumsy and miss-control the ball. He doesn't win enough in the air for a big man. He isn't the quickest. He looks too casual at times. etc

+ He has instinctive skill like Kanu, skill that can't be taught or learnt. He is a handful for many defenders when he is on song. He has bulked up a bit (upper body) since his long-standing hip injury. He played in much pain when Roeder desperately needed to because of injuries to Owen and Martins. He has scored many goals in Europe for one so young. He's still just 25 with arguably his peak years ahead of him. His recent form in the premier league (since 05/06) isn't bad for a 4th choice striker.

No it read like this:

It makes me fucking sick.

To be fair to Ameobi, I saw the game last night, and he did more for me than Viduka has done so far in his general play. All I've seen Viduka do is score that spectacular goal against Boro (fantastic goal from a player who has it in him to do something like that out of nowhere). Ameobi was offside a couple of times last night, but Viduka has been offside way more this season and has given an awful lot more free-kicks away. Ameobi for me won more in the air than Viduka has done. Also he did hold the ball up well on a few occasions waiting for our far too defensive minded midfield to get forward.

He didn't have the best of games, but people are making out that he missed 3 open goals and gave the ball away all the time....The lad had one half chance and just missed the target.

Ameobi may not be the answer, but to bash him when for me he has contributed more than Viduka, is quite unfair.

Can you see the difference?

This was fueled by emotion after the game and seeing all the abuse directed at Ameobi who I thought didn;t play as badly as people were making out. And yes, I still think that Shola played better for the team than I've seen Viduka do this season, my opinion.

Do I say he played well?

Did I not say ''he may not be the answer''

Did I say that Shola deserves no criticism?

What the fuck is he supposed to do when there is no service whatsoever? Grab the ball from our penalty area and run through the whole opposition like Maradonna and then bicycle kick it in the back of the net?

He had one half chance from outside the area with his left foot for fucks sake.

Everyone deserves criticism, but name calling and unintelligent criticism seems harsh to me which is why I started the thread!

Edited by bassplayerjj

Everyone deserves criticism, but name calling and unintelligent criticism seems harsh to me which is why I started the thread!

Unfortunately where did the thread end up though?

Oh yeah with people name calling and filled with unintelligent criticism!

Ameobi was very,very poor against Derby but most of our players looked way below par.

The thing is Ameobi simply isnt good enough, He`s not a target man, lacks pace and his finishing isnt all that. I cant believe BS picked him ahead of Oba. If Viduka isnt fit for for West Ham I just pray Sam comes to his senses.

Ameobi was very,very poor against Derby but most of our players looked way below par.

The thing is Ameobi simply isnt good enough, He`s not a target man, lacks pace and his finishing isnt all that. I cant believe BS picked him ahead of Oba. If Viduka isnt fit for for West Ham I just pray Sam comes to his senses.

Then we will get different 6 page thread on how Oba cant control a ball/has no brain etc etc :huh:

Ultimately I blame SA for starting him.

Fair point. Do you think he can just relegate the likely candidates to the Reserves/transfer list now, or does he need to go through a process in training/on the pitch for a few weeks/months to see where the problem lies? Maybe a shrink can sort him out, or he may need to add a nuclear physicist to the backroom staff to figure out why Ameobi's molecular structure repels leather.

;)

I would have thought the 2 weeks in Austria would have been enough for SA to send half the squad mountain climbing without a map. :huh:

Was that Shola's first game back? I thought SA was all gentle in introducing players back into the first team so still don't understand why Oba didn't start. It would have been better to give him 15 min at the end. It would perhaps also have been better not to pick 7 defensive (cloggers) players.

leave him alone he says he's an England player
Another of you stunning contraversial posts.

you could do with some spelling lessons

Are you one of the brainy people on here :huh:

The fucking irony

Indeed. No, I'm probably not one of the brainy people here, but if I forget a letter then you shouldn't criticise my spelling considering the lack of punctuation.

I think the email I received at work today explains Sholas problems. It was announcing a chyarity event where they had numerous items for raffle including (and I quote)

"a pair of Shola Ameobi's football boots...........................................................................

(size 8)"

Now Im nae foot specialist like but if hes sticking them clod hoppers into size 8 boots then nae wonder the fucker cannit do owt.