Dreams

Dr Kenneth Noisewater

I had a dream last night that Newcastle were playing Barcelona in the european cup final. Barca were one up until Matthew Hoggard (the England & Yorkshire cricketer) scored with the last kick of the game to equalise. Unfortunately I woke up before extra-time and penalties.

Wonder what brought that on??

I had a dream last night that Newcastle were playing Barcelona in the european cup final. Barca were one up until Matthew Hoggard (the England & Yorkshire cricketer) scored with the last kick of the game to equalise. Unfortunately I woke up before extra-time and penalties.

Wonder what brought that on??

31525[/snapback]

Erm, too many rum 'n' cokes??? :lol:

Any dream involving Hoggard must surely constitute a nightmare as he's the least pretty bloke I've seen in a long time!

31578[/snapback]

:lol: There was a bloke behind the bar in The Coach and Eight down Durham last night who looked the spit of Hoggard. Everyone seemed to take great pleasure in pointing it out to him. Bet he's been getting shite like that since the Ashes started.

Any dream involving Hoggard must surely constitute a nightmare as he's the least pretty bloke I've seen in a long time!

31578[/snapback]

He's gorgeous you bint! :lol:

CHEESY OLD WIVES' TALE

Sweet dreams are made of cheese - or at least that is the suggestion from a new study of sleep.

Researchers set out to disprove the old wives' tale that eating cheese before going to bed gives you nightmares.

And it seems they've been successful, with cheese-munching volunteers reporting no nasty dreams after a late night snack.

But it also appears that the type of cheese you choose can affect the type of dreams you have.

The study, perhaps unsurprisingly carried out by the British Cheese Board, involved 200 volunteers in a week-long cheese-eating experiment.

After eating a 20g piece of cheese 30 minutes before going to sleep, 72% of the volunteers slept very well every night, 67% remembered their dreams and none reported nightmares.

Dr Judith Bryans, a nutrition scientist at The Dairy Council, said: "One of the amino acids in cheese - tryptophan - has been shown to reduce stress and induce sleep so cheese may actually help you have a good night's sleep."

It is not clear where the cheese and nightmares myth originated.

It has been linked to Charles Dickens' character Scrooge who blamed "a crumb of cheese" on his night-time visitations in A Christmas Carol.

When it came to dream type, it seemed that Stilton caused the most crazy dreams, with 75% of men and 85% of women eating Stilton experiencing odd and vivid dreams.

Examples of these mad dreams included a vegetarian crocodile upset because it could not eat children, and soldiers fighting each other with kittens rather than guns.

Almost two-thirds (65%) of volunteers eating cheddar reported dreaming about celebrities, including Jordan and Johnny Depp.

More than six out of 10 volunteers eating Red Leicester had nostalgic dreams about their past, including school days and childhood friends.

British brie tended to give women nice dreams, such as Jamie Oliver cooking dinner in their kitchen, while the men had odd dreams such as having a drunken conversation with a dog.

me beating a small chinese guy in a long race, but instead of just the long race, the other racers dropped out when the allotted distance was covered me and the chinese guy kept going until one of us dropped... he gave up and I ran off to celebrate with my running coach, Mr Samuel L Jackson.

weird.

I had a dream last night that a friends dad was driving me somewhere in a car, drove straight into a forest-type place, leapt out of the car and left me in it to roll down an embankment in slow motion. :icon_lol:

me beating a small chinese guy in a long race, but instead of just the long race, the other racers dropped out when the allotted distance was covered me and the chinese guy kept going until one of us dropped... he gave up and I ran off to celebrate with my running coach, Mr Samuel L Jackson.

weird.

32301[/snapback]

Drug Fiend!!!

The 2 nights before last I had very ordinary dreams for me. First one involving a cover up of the 9-11 attacks being an attack on the Jews, the second involved escaping to higher ground as a village was washed away by lava, I awoke as the ground was breaking under my feet.

So last night I ate quite a bit of cheese, 100g before bed and slept the whole night and don't remember anything, so that's conclusive evidence of absolutely nothing.

I had a dream last night that I was talking to my Mam about the baby me and the missus are expecting next month...

Woke up this morning convinced it was real and even tried to get another hours kip to talk some more to her but it didn't work! :icon_lol:

weird.

32301[/snapback]

Drug Fiend!!!

32346[/snapback]

well it's the only logical way I could actually finish a race... so I guess you're right.

British brie tended to give women nice dreams, such as Jamie Oliver cooking dinner in their kitchen, while the men had odd dreams such as having a drunken conversation with a dog.

??? MMmmmmmkaayyy..... I'd call that 'dull', as opposed to 'nice'.

Drunken conversations with a dog sounds much more entertaining :)

When I was in Oz I had the most VIVID dream of being home one night.... it was freakily clear, even though most of the action in the dream was completely unrealistic, it seemed SO real. I woke up CONVINCED I'd be back in England.. took me a moment to work out where I was when I opened my eyes..... I'd never been more relieved to see those big Aussie windows. Being home is all well and good... but this was back in March or something, and I was SOOOOOO not ready to go home yet!!

• 5 years later...

They can come truuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuue. Never accept mediocrity.

Had one last neet like was with 4 of my mates, in Thailand, we beat this Thai team 3-1 in a game of 5 a side (which we actually did), but in my dream we got kicked to fuck Bruce Lee style after the game, and some Germans were laughing at us from their balconies. Fuck knows what that signifies.

Edited by McFaul