Fuel Protests

Chaser

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in North Shields so have the pleasure of the tunnel every morning and night too.

75 miles and you use the tunnel too? Selfish bastard!

Don't you realise that the second tunnel will bring misery to Jarrow residents?

Dole-scroungers and single-mums will be rudely awakened by people selfishly making their way to work in the early hours of the morning.

Why don't we all take their moral high-ground and stop working? I'm sure we'll be able to live on the fresh air.

I managed to get some, and then got accused of pani buying by the bloke in the kiosk....

He shut up when I pointed out that I'd pumped 47 litres into a tank which has only has a 50 litre capacity....

Twat!

Not having a car means it doesn't affect me, but some of the peeps at work were talking about it today. If it's anything like the last fuel protest/blockade then it pays to be a nursey-type as some places ration their fuel and will only let you fill up your car if you produce ID showing that you're an employee of an emergency service.

If anyone thinks they can pass for me then you can have my ID for a fee :icon_lol:

Edited by catmag

Not having a car means it doesn't affect me, but some of the peeps at work were talking about it today.  If it's anything like the last fuel protest/blockade then it pays to be a nursey-type as some places ration their fuel and will only let you fill up your car if you produce ID showing that you're an employee of an emergency service.

If anyone thinks they can pass for me then you can have my ID for a fee  :angry:

32449[/snapback]

So you expect Pud on your doorstep dressed in a nurses uniform? :icon_lol:

Not having a car means it doesn't affect me, but some of the peeps at work were talking about it today.  If it's anything like the last fuel protest/blockade then it pays to be a nursey-type as some places ration their fuel and will only let you fill up your car if you produce ID showing that you're an employee of an emergency service.

If anyone thinks they can pass for me then you can have my ID for a fee  :angry:

32449[/snapback]

So you expect Pud on your doorstep dressed in a nurses uniform? :icon_lol:

32456[/snapback]

Sounds like a fairly standard Friday night... :angry:

err, i take it you work at Belasis Business park?

Just before you slag Billingham off, i suggest you drive (or walk) around the town (not the town centre) and see that it isnt all a S**thole. I live there and i dont live in a bad area, the pub i drink in is decent with a good mix of folk who have worked hard for their money.

Where do you live Gem?? I work in Durham at the moment and i have to commute but will be working in Sunderland once im fully trained.

32367[/snapback]

Which pub do you drink in?

My lass works in the toby but we go in quite a few down there.

According to the news hardly anyone turned up. Protestors were outnumbered by police and media they say. In Teeside only one protestor was there and he buggered off cos no one else turned up.

32560[/snapback]

Was he ginger, 15 stone, wearing a pair of aligator skin brogues and clutching a calculator like a comfort blanket?

:icon_lol:

It's a fucking joke, i'm running on empty and am planning to fill up late on tonight to avoid any waiting around.

I got a chain-mail e-mail last week about the protests, it basically was trying to get as many people as possible to boycott the big companies (BP, Shell etc) and use lesser known places therefore forcing these big companies to reduce their prices due to lack of business, seems a good idea in theory but it's never going to happen in reality, same as the price coming down anytime soon, never gonna happen and we'll not stop buying the overpriced juice neither cos at the end of the day we have to and there's no other option - so we're pretty much fucked! :icon_lol:

Saying "Don't panic buy!" worked a treat then :angry:

"DON'T PANIC BUY MR MANNERING, DON'T PANIC BUY!"

32640[/snapback]

They were interviewing people in the queue yesterday and telling them there was no need to panic buy petrol.

'I know they said don't panic, but I can't help it'

Petrol stations are running out of petrol but only because people are buying petrol they don't need. :icon_lol:

I love the way they automatically assume that everyone who is filling up IS panic-buying....

My car was running on vapours last night so I had to fill up otherwise I wasn't coming to work today. What was I supposed to tell my employers? "Sorry, can't come in as I have no petrol and didn't want to be labelled as a panic-buyer!"

I love the way they automatically assume that everyone who is filling up IS panic-buying....

My car was running on vapours last night so I had to fill up otherwise I wasn't coming to work today. What was I supposed to tell my employers? "Sorry, can't come in as I have no petrol and didn't want to be labelled as a panic-buyer!"

32645[/snapback]

You were panic buying and what is more, we all know you were!

32645[/snapback]

Of course there are people who are filling up as normal who I feel sorry for, as the panic tossers are turning a 5 minute chore into a 30 minute one. The long queues yesterday and the fact petrol stations are reporting using a weeks supply in two days backs up that people are buying petrol they don't need. Thankfully I've got half a tank full, or I'd have been pissed off yesterday if I'd had to fill up.