Newcastle -v- Liverpool

Barney

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 games.

And ?

getting rid of a manager after 14 games would add another 100 weight of support to the theory that this club is a fucking cartoon of itself.

this was never going to be fixed in one season let alone 14 games.

indicative of the quick fix mentality of this country. You all want a plaster, when what we need is a splint.

If you're looking for some for of kudos for calling for patience you find none here, Allardyce has a 5 year plan, don't make me fucking laugh, should we have given Souness more time ? or Roeder ? We have appointed the wrong man, and if you can't see that after this performance you need to wake up and smell the coffee my friend.

Will you still be in denial when we are at the foot of the table ? Come the new year we'll probably find out.

The man has lost the crowd and the dressing room, that equals no future.

Sorry mate, you know I respect your opinions but this bit is crap.

You've not been enamoured with Allardyce from the out, but to be calling for his head now, when we're still midtable, is the epitome of impatience.

I need to know what exactly were you expecting? 5th spot, playing Brazil football and incredibvle tactical acumen?

This club was in an horrific state, I can't believe anyone with an ounce of sense is calling for his head already. Surely you understand the need for calm and a measured adjustment of expectations for this season?

I don't expect Brazilian style football, but I expect a manager that can pick something that resembles a logical starting XI, that can motivate players, can make correct substitutions, can change things for the better when things go wrong, but we do not have that, today he lost the crowd and I wouldn't be surprised if he lost the dressing room too, I cannot see how you turn that around.

I was all for Allardyce's appointment, I thought given the state of the club his professional and scientific approach was exactly what this club needed, but I truely and honestly feel we have appointed the wrong man and the only way is down, Allardyce is no better than Souness or Roeder or Gullit, I can see that now, it seems some of us need a little bit longer.

14 games.

And ?

getting rid of a manager after 14 games would add another 100 weight of support to the theory that this club is a fucking cartoon of itself.

indicative of the quick fix mentality of this country. You all want a plaster, when what we need is a splint.

If you're looking for some for of kudos for calling for patience you find none here, Allardyce has a 5 year plan, don't make me fucking laugh, should we have given Souness more time ? or Roeder ? We have appointed the wrong man, and if you can't see that after this performance you need to wake up and smell the coffee my friend.

Will you still be in denial when we are at the foot of the table ? Come the new year we'll probably find out.

Agreed, todays performance has pushed him past the point of no return in most of the fans eyes, other than Fish who is trying to play it cool and remain gentlemanly over the whole thing but all he is achieving is to make himself look like fat, numpty in a blazer :lol:

I've not understood some of his decision, true enough. But then I didn't understand some of Robson's early decisions and he did alright, I didn't understand some of Keegans choices and both those managers turned out ok.

I'm just fed up of the impatient and petulant attitude of Newcastle fans, screaming for change wailing and gnashing their teeth because we're not challenging the big boys. OF COURSE we're not challenging the big boys, when was the last timew e were a genuine title contender? when was the last time we had a winning mentality? 14 games is no where near long enough to make the whole sale changes that this club needed and making another manager fall victim to our impatience will do nothing but set us further back on the road to improvement.

Fickle?! It's a bloody joke!

Everyone realises it's going to take time but some of his decisions are nothing short of brain dead. As Jimbo says the players look fucking sick, the fans are pissed off, 7 goals at home in two games, it's relegation form. This only leads sam down one road imo and he has no one but himself to blame.

Ashley looked pissed as well

I think against a team like Liverpool when you're a team like Newcastle you can try to play two ways.

You can try to stop them playing by packing the midfield, playing up to a "Big man" hoping he'll hold onto the ball long enough for your midifeld to support him. Use each and every deadball situation as if it were your last and defend like it's a clean sheet or relegation.

or You can try to out-football them.

we are no-where good enough to put-play Liverpool in their form with their players.

I think Big Sam is trying to stop the opposition from scoring, but right now individual errors and a general tactical ineptitude from the players is making that impossible. I think he needs to shoulder half the blame, but how often have we screamed at the tv about stupid errors in judgement or individual mistakes? This is something you need the players to bring to the pitch, you can't bestow it upon them from the bench during the game.

the only way to instill a winning mentality and a focussed group on the pitch is to drill it into them during training sessions, and that needs that which a lot of people are unwilling to give. Time.

they want everything to be right and they want it right away.

that's unreasonable and simplifying thwe mammoth task to a ridiculous degree.

He can't even plead injuries - most of what passes for our first team is fit.

Cacapa, Faye, Taylor,

Duff

Owen

There's 5 players off the top of my head who're missing. Of those I'd reckon 4 would be in the first 11, of those I'd say Faye, Taylor and Owen would be key members of our first 11.

I'd say he could blame defensive frailty on our injury list.

Fucking Idiot, thats what you are. :icon_lol:

Owens never fit, Taylor hasn't been getting his game, duffs been out 7 month :lol:

14 games.

And ?

Sorry mate, you know I respect your opinions but this bit is crap.

You've not been enamoured with Allardyce from the out, but to be calling for his head now, when we're still midtable, is the epitome of impatience.

I need to know what exactly were you expecting? 5th spot, playing Brazil football and incredibvle tactical acumen?

This club was in an horrific state, I can't believe anyone with an ounce of sense is calling for his head already. Surely you understand the need for calm and a measured adjustment of expectations for this season?

I don't expect Brazilian style football, but I expect a manager that can pick something that resembles a logical starting XI, that can motivate players, can make correct substitutions, can change things for the better when things go wrong, but we do not have that, today he lost the crowd and I wouldn't be surprised if he lost the dressing room too, I cannot see how you turn that around.

I was all for Allardyce's appointment, I thought given the state of the club his professional and scientific approach was exactly what this club needed, but I truely and honestly feel we have appointed the wrong man and the only way is down, Allardyce is no better than Souness or Roeder or Gullit, I can see that now, it seems some of us need a little bit longer.

I agree, for a supposedly proven manager he really doesn't seem to be getting anything like the best out of a half decent set of players. The performances this year have so far been by and large awful, decision making weird, tactics invisible, football SHITE.

I want to see something good, something positive from Big Sam, I'm looking hard, but all I'm seeing is Bull Shit. :lol:

Did Liverpool play well today?I don't think so like,i thought they were pretty poor and an average team might have picked up a result,they huffed and puffed to get that result today,only because we are shite

Did Liverpool play well today?I don't think so like,i thought they were pretty poor and an average team might have picked up a result,they huffed and puffed to get that result today,only because we are shite
Gerrard was fantastic (playing for liverpool after all). Otherwise, good but hardly out of this world. Torres could have had four or five if he could finish - that on top of the three goals we conceded. Edited by TheInspiration

Gerrard was fantastic (playing for liverpool after all). Otherwise, good but hardly out of this world. Torres could have had four or five if he could finish - that on top of the three goals we conceded.

Gerrard was absolute class. Basically the reason I hate him so much in an England shirt. I'd forgive him if he was just a shit player, but today he proved that he's one of the best in the world. Why the hell he can't do it in an England shirt I have no idea.

Guest James_coDurham
Game over, this is as bad as I've ever seen, and I've seen some shite.

from the comfort of your sofa?

Like you were last night :lol: SuperfansadcuntwithnomatesTASTIC!

You've never had a night in on Friday, what.. not never ever ever?

My mistake, you dribbling flid.

Guest James_coDurham

You've never had a night in on Friday, what.. not never ever ever?

My mistake, you dribbling flid.

Nope, I either work them or am out, or am terribly ill. That's the pattern of it since my very early school days.

Impossible to be a fan unless you're at the match. Even those who left early are better fans than Jimbo! :lol:

He posted a topic during half-time wanting Allardyce out.

Is there a fucking point? We were 0-1 down to Liverpool, is that such an embarrassment?

Impossible to be a fan unless you're at the match. Even those who left early are better fans than Jimbo! :lol:

He posted a topic during half-time wanting Allardyce out.

Is there a fucking point? We were 0-1 down to Liverpool, is that such an embarrassment?

It wasn't a fixture I was expecting to get much from, but the team selection and performance was an absolute insult to any fan of the club no matter if you sit in an armchair or the Gallowgate.

Impossible to be a fan unless you're at the match.

That is undoubtably the stupidist remark that anyone could ever utter (unless yer coached by LeazesMag) :lol:

I thought the same but to be fair it was from Sheargol so I wasn't suprised in the slightest

Edited by Wacky Jnr