The Official Allardyce out thread

Jimbo

Bramble et al departing.

bang goes your "no evidence of anything but a downward spiral"

mind you the bloke on the local BBC news just said Marcus Babel scored... so we must have been shit.

oh and I'm not posting any more after this one. :lol:

Babel did score, the scousers cut through the defence as if Bramble was still there.

Everyone said BAS would start from the back and build up. Fucking hell, I would love to know when he is going to start because the defence is still shit as ever?!

Babel did score, the scousers cut through the defence as if Bramble was still there.

Everyone said BAS would start from the back and build up. Fucking hell, I would love to know when he is going to start because the defence is still shit as ever?!

Aye but Marcus Babel didn't, now did he.

babeldm1107_468x642.jpg

babel_shot.jpg

:icon_lol:

no more after this one. :lol:

Edited by The Fish

Aye but Marcus Babel didn't, now did he.

babeldm1107_468x642.jpg

babel_shot.jpg

:boogie:

no more after this one. :lol:

:icon_lol:

it's clear I'm the only one who is willing to give the guy time (or the only one who's happy to stick his neck out and swim against the tide... (if that's not mixing metaphores poorly I don't know what is)).

So perhaps it's best I shut up and let you lot wail and gnash your teeth for a while.

mark my words though, we sack him now we'll spend another year treading water... at least ..

sellsheet_cover.jpg

Treading water ? I'll take treading water over what we are doing at the moment which is sinking without trace.

.....and we've still got over 2/3rds of the season left to play.

and we wonder why fans of other clubs think we've a disproportiante view of our own stature in the game... :lol:

And thats the bit that scares me the most, today was our first taste of a big game this season and we were shit, not average, not unlucky but downright fucking diabolical. Im actually worried now as to where we will be come the new year.

Im guessing that out of those why disagree with Fat Sam out not many were at the game?

We lost against Liverpool. Badly. But howay, they aren't a bad side. In the first half I reckon we set up well against them. It's only when the crowd got on their back that we wilted.

Still don't see the point in getting rid.

13 games?

Howay man.

We lost against Liverpool. Badly. But howay, they aren't a bad side. In the first half I reckon we set up well against them. It's only when the crowd got on their back that we wilted.

13 games?

Howay man.

You're having a fucking laugh, how can anyone blame the crowd for todays non-performance, the fixture was effectively over before a ball was kicked and how long can people go on saying "its only X games", we are getting worse by the match and mistakes made by our manager are not being rectified.

We lost against Liverpool. Badly. But howay, they aren't a bad side.

Could and should have been 6 or 7 nil. Cast your mind back 14 days - could easily have lost by something approaching that many to a team who are now 3rd bottom.

I must have been at a different game because I thought we werent much better in the 1st half than the shower of shit we were in the 2nd. :lol:

13 games?

Howay man.

You're having a fucking laugh, how can anyone blame the crowd for todays non-performance, the fixture was effectively over before a ball was kicked and how long can people go on saying "its only X games", we are getting worse by the match and mistakes made by our manager are not being rectified.

Don't agree it was over before a ball was kicked. Given only made one save in the first half. I couldn't believe how unhappy people were with the first half.

13 games?

Howay man.

Don't agree it was over before a ball was kicked. Given only made one save in the first half. I couldn't believe how unhappy people were with the first half.

It was crystal clear to me as soon as the starting XI was announced my heart sank, we were going to struggle no matter what, the first half was an utter disgrace and the amount of possession Liverpool had was ridiculous, had Liverpool played better we could have been 5 down by half time.

You must have watched a different game than I saw.

I find it hilarious that I was the one most vehemently against this blokes appointment, but now he's here I'm his biggest supporter.

What happened to the 2 year plan with a proven manager etc.?

Jesus wept.

Mind you, we were shite second half, and I don't know what he was thinking with his substitutions.

I find it hilarious that I was the one most vehemently against this blokes appointment, but now he's here I'm his biggest supporter.

Jesus wept.

Mind you, we were shite second half, and I don't know what he was thinking with his substitutions.

Out of interest why were you against Allardyce's appointment and how bad are you willing to let it get ?

Even if Allardyce is "only" on £1 million a year, that's still £20k he got paid this week. What the fuck kind of job did he do this week for that £20k? I want better team selection and tactics than the average fan can muster for that.

I think its the poor tactics, the playing of players out of position, the shocking substitution choices etc thats starting to piss people off.

In fairness I don't think he's built the team he wanted (or even necessarily got all the ground work to the basic skeleton of it done yet), so future transfer windows have to be aimed at sorting that.

On the other hand it is not that much use if all he can do is eventually build a more expensive Bolton and indeed if that's all the tactically mastery he has.

Jesus wept.

Out of interest why were you against Allardyce's appointment and how bad are you willing to let it get ?

I thought he was no better than Roeder tactically. I thought Bolton played ugly football that Newcastle fans would not accept and that he had a small club mentality that approached games from a point of view of upsetting the opposition rather than matching them.

We've got a defence who haven't had one player acquainted with another from last season in a single game. It needs to be sorted but everyone went along with the dismantling of the team when he arrived.

Getting rid would be embarrasing.

When both Allardyce and Eriksson were available and being touted for the job,i was wanting Eriksson,excellent club manager as proved around europe,it's showing in where Citeh are in the league now,compared to us under Allardyce who set Bolton alight :lol: by keeping them in the top league playing shite football and some years struggling to even do that by hook or by crook.

I also think the boo'ing is epidemic in this day and age now,maybe because the fans have finally realised what over paid prima donna's they are,90 minutes of football a couple of times a week isn't much to ask for them to put everything into it is it?then the fans will have nothing to fucking boo about then.Could also be the fact that the 2 year/5 year whatever plan and the "it takes time" is old hat and after 40 years without silverware who wants to hear about patience and time?,it's just an excuse to cover the managers arse!.

Edited by @yourservice

You can tell the side is just completely devoid of confidence at the moment, which is always a massive hindrance to any club. However, some of Allardyce's decisions have been nothing short of mind boggling. Emre for Barton, taking off our only creative player for a less than match fit slugger, was stupid. I've no idea what he saw but at 2-0 even Roeder and Souness would've knew that you needed to get goals.

Sacking him is out of the question IMO. His decisions haven't helped but the players also need to shoulder a lot of the blame.

Jesus wept.

I thought he was no better than Roeder tactically. I thought Bolton played ugly football that Newcastle fans would not accept and that he had a small club mentality that approached games from a point of view of upsetting the opposition rather than matching them.

We've got a defence who haven't had one player acquainted with another from last season in a single game. It needs to be sorted but everyone went along with the dismantling of the team when he arrived.

Getting rid would be embarrasing.

I was in favour of his appointment at the time, but I feel that your misgivings are being proven to be totally correct, I'm not honestly suggesting he's sacked tomorrow but what I am highlighting is that I think we need to recognise that we have made a mistake and have appointed the wrong manager.

And thats the bit that scares me the most, today was our first taste of a big game this season and we were shit, not average, not unlucky but downright fucking diabolical. Im actually worried now as to where we will be come the new year.

Im guessing that out of those why disagree with Fat Sam out not many were at the game?

... you're pissed off because we've been shit so far, but you think it's more likely that we'll continue in this fashion than we turn things around? That's very pessimistic, given we've got time and money and the opportunity to spend that money.

oh and your previous point is not really a fair comment, I had the awful pleasure of watching us on tv and suffered replays and the like, so I've had just as much to complain about as you.

It's not through choice I sat at home. :lol: