Larissa snap up Robert

RlCO

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't the relationship between this club and left-wingers in recent years a bit funny?

Us continually playing moody Frenchmen in the position isn't helping matters tbf.

The moody bit is superfluous :unsure:

Was class to start with, got found out, couldn't be arsed to up his game to either help himself or the team. Spent his last few months hogging the wing so much to try and stay away from the play you almost thought he was the fourth official. If he'd just kept putting the effort in and not believed his own hype (ie I'm class so big clubs will come in for me no problem) he could have been around far longer. Shame.

Truly one of if not the greatest waste of talent i have seen - talent to burn - pace - everything really but went completely radio rental and threw it away - pity you couldn't splice his talent with milners workrate and attitude - what a player you would have (fuck me it would be ryan giggs)

Truly one of if not the greatest waste of talent i have seen - talent to burn - pace - everything really but went completely radio rental and threw it away - pity you couldn't splice his talent with milners workrate and attitude - what a player you would have (fuck me it would be ryan giggs)

What if you did it the other way round?

What if you did it the other way round?

The beautiful dancer Isadora Duncan suggested that she and George Bernard Shaw should have a child together. "Think of it!" she said, "With your brains and my body, what a wonder it would be." Shaw thought for a moment and replied, "Yes, but what if it had my body and your brains?" :unsure:

Oooo a youtube compilation. Is there one that shows him wandering around the place looking disinterested too? Cos he did that a shitload. As for needing a scapegoat, I don't, I just wasn't blind to the fact that towards the end of his time here he was neither use nor ornament.

Maybe you were at uni at that point so didn't have to sit through it first-hand week after week. :unsure:

The youtube compilation was just to show what he was capable of at his best, and I think you know that. :finger:

I think you were quicker to say he needed to go than I, because you look for different things from a football side than I do. I'm more forgiving of lazy but naturally gifted players and you're more forgiving of hardworking but limited players.

you have to admit though, it'd be nice to have someone like him on the bench at the moment. Someone with flair and invention by the bucketload, to come off the bench at Derby and change the way the game is going.

thought he was a top rate player on his day. Felt he bore the brunt of those fans who need a scape goat (Yes Scott I'm talking to you). We could do with his flair and deadball ability that he showed in his first season or so.

anyone remember these?

Oooo a youtube compilation. Is there one that shows him wandering around the place looking disinterested too? Cos he did that a shitload. As for needing a scapegoat, I don't, I just wasn't blind to the fact that towards the end of his time here he was neither use nor ornament.

Maybe you were at uni at that point so didn't have to sit through it first-hand week after week. :unsure:

Robert -> Martins -> X?

I bet X wont be Alan "Hardworking no end product" Smitn...... :finger:

Just shows how far backwards we've gone when you see fans idolising the likes of Milner and N'Zogbia, neither of them will ever be as good as Robert was, not even close, they get stuck in though and give 100% so that's alright.

Just shows how far backwards we've gone when you see fans idolising the likes of Milner and N'Zogbia, neither of them will ever be as good as Robert was, not even close, they get stuck in though and give 100% so that's alright.

So true - give me the 89 minutes of a disinterested Ginola or Robert for that 1 minute of joyous brilliance over 90 minutes of the hoof and run stuff any day

So true - give me the 89 minutes of a disinterested Ginola or Robert for that 1 minute of joyous brilliance over 90 minutes of the hoof and run stuff any day

Nzogbia has the potential to be better in my opinion.

Nzogbia has the potential to be better in my opinion.

Wouldn't disagree with you but i don't think he has the dead ball ability of robert - probably better at running at defenders though and could be a better central midfielder than either ginola or robert

Along with Sir Les and Shearer, Robert has to be one of my favourite players I've seen in a toon shirt in my time.

The dolphin kick against Fulham still gives me goosebumps. :lol:

I thought his son called it a ninja kick? I could be completely wrong, however.

My favourite goal that he scored was his free kick against Derby (I think). He took it where you'd normally want a right footer taking it and so he curled it the 'wrong' way round the wall and scored.

Along with Sir Les and Shearer, Robert has to be one of my favourite players I've seen in a toon shirt in my time.

My favourite goal that he scored was his free kick against Derby (I think). He took it where you'd normally want a right footer taking it and so he curled it the 'wrong' way round the wall and scored.

when was the last time we had a player in our first 11 with that kind of invention? ;)

when was the last time we had a player in our first 11 with that kind of invention? ;)

Martins' overhead earlier this season tbh. :icon_lol:

Martins' overhead earlier this season tbh. :icon_lol:

Hardly put it him in the same league as Robert for creativity,

• 2 weeks later...