what is your biggest pet peeve?

Dr Gloom

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting on a train, finding my reserved table/window seat occupied by 4 extremely loud, arrogant Yanks with a whole buffet spread across said table and whom I don't have the energy to challenge.

Luckily I've managed to bag myself another table seat opposite a business-type bloke who is at least quiet.

Picking a password that has to have a capital letter, a number, be a certain length, not one you've used before, etc etc. Just let me pick a shit one, at least I might remember it and not have to reset the fucking thing every time!

password_strength.png

Since reading this all my passwords have been the 4 random words in lower case variety where possible.

I never forget those ones either.

Can't you forward all mail from the old account to the new one?

I do.

Probably could but Sky are doing away with the 02.co.uk one so I would have just been delaying the job.

Changed to hotmail / Outlook which seems ok.

I'll keep monitoring the old one in case I miss anyone important.

It's also a nice way to be rid of all the shit email Ive signed upto over the years.

Probably could but Sky are doing away with the 02.co.uk one so I would have just been delaying the job.

Changed to hotmail / Outlook which seems ok.

I'll keep monitoring the old one in case I miss anyone important.

It's also a nice way to be rid of all the shit email Ive signed upto over the years.

:D

Drives me mad that my folks have thousands of mails a week coming through for shite they don't want...99% of them with an "unsubscribe" link they never think to follow.

I was with Blueyonder about a decade ago and they got closed down and became telewest, who closed down and became virgin...but I can still access my "@blueyonder" email. Though they may stop offering the addresses to new customers, I would guess they will continue to support the existing ones.... if not they're canny shite ;)

Drives me mad that my folks have thousands of mails a week coming through for shite they don't want...99% of them with an "unsubscribe" link they never think to follow.

I was with Blueyonder about a decade ago and they got closed down and became telewest, who closed down and became virgin...but I can still access my "@blueyonder" email. Though they may stop offering the addresses to new customers, I would guess they will continue to support the existing ones.... if not they're canny shite ;)

They're shite :)

What will happen to my o2.co.uk email?

When your service moves to Sky you'll still to be able to use your o2.co.uk email address for the time being with a reduced inbox storage allowance of 20MB. If your O2 inbox exceeds this, you will need to remove some emails and stay under this limit to continue to receive emails. Once you have moved over to Sky and set-up your My Sky you can generate your own new unlimited Sky account.

See i love when that happens and i get to lay down the law :lol: you should've adopted the culture of where you're going to deal with it "oi, get te fawk bawbag, see that windie seat, that's my seat, ye ken?"

Ah, I'm a lover not a fighter ;)

On the plus side, the usual boring announcements by the train conductor have been worth the fare alone. "Yer here at Edinburgh heading for Weegie Central. We'll be leaving in a minute so if you want to sit yer bums down and get comfy, we'll be offski" :lol

They're shite :)

What will happen to my o2.co.uk email?

When your service moves to Sky you'll still to be able to use your o2.co.uk email address for the time being with a reduced inbox storage allowance of 20MB. If your O2 inbox exceeds this, you will need to remove some emails and stay under this limit to continue to receive emails. Once you have moved over to Sky and set-up your My Sky you can generate your own new unlimited Sky account.

Apparently Yahoo are gonna encrypt all their mail in future so you can keep the NSA off your back if you go with them.

I like my supplier to read my personal email so that they can send me reminders when parcels are going to arrive or tailor advertising based on their content, so I use Gmail ;)

See i love when that happens and i get to lay down the law :lol:

you should've adopted the culture of where you're going to deal with it "oi, get te fawk bawbag, see that windie seat, that's my seat, ye ken?"

A few years ago I was coming up for a game against chelsea on my own and my reserved seat was against the window surrounded by proper CFC heed the balls which was a bit iffy as there were four of them but one shifted no bother.

In the end after a few cans it all got very pally apart from when I referred to chelsea as a cockney team which offended them. Im sure one of them was in that macintyre doc.

Drives me mad that my folks have thousands of mails a week coming through for shite they don't want...99%  of them with an "unsubscribe" link they never think to follow.

I was with Blueyonder about a decade ago and they got closed down and became telewest, who closed down and became virgin...but I can still access my "@blueyonder" email.  Though they may stop offering the addresses to new customers, I would guess they will continue to support the existing ones.... if not they're canny shite ;)

I still have a blueyonder address after starting with telewest/cableinet.

To be fair to the bearded twat there's never been any pressure to switch to virginmedia.com

• 2 weeks later...

Shit parents.

My work has 'breakfast with Santa' which, obviously, is a ticketed event. Your kidda has a mini cooked brekkie and Santa does his spiel.

Some absolute twat tried to turn up with his kids without booking and got turned away. He then got angry and proceeded to loudly f and blind in the middle of the restaurant, in front of a score of young kids including his own.

What the hell is wrong with people?

Shit parents.

My work has 'breakfast with Santa' which, obviously, is a ticketed event. Your kidda has a mini cooked brekkie and Santa does his spiel.

Some absolute twat tried to turn up with his kids without booking and got turned away. He then got angry and proceeded to loudly f and blind in the middle of the restaurant, in front of a score of young kids including his own.

What the hell is wrong with people?

broken britain