Barton to be freed on bail

Jimbo

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newcastle midfielder Joey Barton is to be released from custody after being granted conditional bail.

The 25-year-old Newcastle midfielder, who is facing charges of actual bodily harm and affray, has been in custody since he was arrested on 27th December.

Following an hour-long hearing in chambers before Judge David Swift at Liverpool Crown Court, Barton was told he can be freed from Liverpool Prison.

No conditions of bail were released by the court.

Barton's solicitor Daniel Weed said: ``Mr Joseph Barton has been granted bail with conditions until he appears at Liverpool Magistrates' Court on 16th January.''

Barton has missed Newcastle's last two games.

At an earlier hearing, the original assault charge against him was upgraded from a Section 39 common assault to a Section 47 assault occasioning actual bodily harm.

I see Besty is still after that Admin job.

Consider them merged. ;)

:dunno:

Am I doing well? :D

Not bad lad. :D

Although I'm a tad concerned you and Pooptash might be having some sort of conspiracy about you acquiring such a post, as it's always his posts you tell us to merge. :D

Consider them merged. :D

Although I'm a tad concerned you and Pooptash might be having some sort of conspiracy about you acquiring such a post, as it's always his posts you tell us to merge. :D

;) It was bawan that time was it not? :P

;) It was bawan that time was it not? :P

That's whom I meant. :blush:

Not bad lad. :P

;) It was bawan that time was it not? :blush:

He's just an idiot, no conspiracy. :D

Am I doing well? :P

Not bad lad. :blush:

:D It was bawan that time was it not? :blush:

He's just an idiot, no conspiracy. :D

;)

annoying to think that while he's inside he'll make the thick end of 200k....at least!

Surely he should be suspended by the club for this!

Don't they have to wait for him to be found guilty first?

If they take that stance I'm sure a certain K.Bond esq. will be even more pissed off with our shambles of a club...

Sammy, you're just looking for excuses to hang Allardyce now. Yes Barton is a headcase and we should have left him alone, but this specific incident is Barton's fault, not Allardyce's.

Luke, it's not as if I need to find excuses, Allardyce is tying the noose all by himself.

Lawyers for Newcastle United are looking into Joey Barton's bail conditions to see if he is eligible to play for the football club.

They are trying to establish if the 25-year-old could play in the Premier League before he returns to Liverpool for a court hearing on 16 January.

Mr Barton, who lives in Widnes, was released on bail at Liverpool Crown Court after first being remanded.

He is charged with assault and affray after an incident on Boxing night.

The one time England player has already missed games against Manchester City and Chelsea because he was in prison after bail was refused.

He will also miss the club's FA Cup match with Stoke City on Sunday.

Newcastle manager Sam Allardyce said: "There may be a possibility, certainly not for the Stoke match, but after that there might be the possibility.

"We are doing our research into that with the lawyer and making absolutely certain that there are going to be no rules or regulations set that we might be breaking if we do attempt to get Joey back into the squad."

I have to admit I am completely pissed off to open the papers this morning to read Sam talking about Barton and what we can do to maintain his fitness, yadda, yadda...

He's not in the squad, he's not in contention so let him fucking stew. Who gives a shit how Joey feels? I don't want to hear about how Sam's planning to go and see him in the clink.

I think it was Mourinho who had a philosophy that if a player was injured he was not his concern, because he was only thinking about the next match and the players available were the ones that mattered. Certainly arseholes like Barton shouldn't be atking up too much of anyone's time while he's inside.

• 2 months later...
Premiership footballer Joey Barton has appeared in court charged with assault and affray in Liverpool.

The 25-year-old, who plays for Newcastle United, was arrested in the early hours of 27 December following a night out with friends and family.

The charges relate to a row outside a McDonald's restaurant.

Mr Barton, of Foxbank Close, Widnes, appeared at Liverpool Magistrates' Court where he was bailed to appear at Liverpool Crown Court on 23 April.

His brother Andrew Barton, 19, of Widnes, and friend Nadine Wilson, 27, of Childwall, Liverpool, were also arrested after the incident.

Andrew Barton, who is also charged with assault occasioning actual bodily harm, and Miss Wilson, who is charged with common assault and affray, also appeared at Liverpool Magistrates' Court.

They were both bailed to appear at Liverpool Crown Court on 23 April.