Who will be King Kev's 1st signing?

newcastleunited&proud

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And to think people on here were slating Allardyce when he wanted a defensive midfielder in Diarra!

Carrick isn't a DM imo.

Vieira?

Same goes for him tbh. If you mean a DM in the Makelele / Diarra mould.

And to think people on here were slating Allardyce when he wanted a defensive midfielder in Diarra!

Carrick isn't a DM imo.

Vieira?

Same goes for him tbh. If you mean a DM in the Makelele / Diarra mould.

Vieira's legs are going, does well in the slow-tempo leagues such as Serie A, definitely wouldn't cope doing the box-to-box role in the Premiership imo.

Mind, if we still have Allardyce's pro-zone geeks on hand we could train him up to be proper mint.

I'd personally like to think it was a left back (unless Enrique suddenly improves) as well as right winger.

Do you watch much football? I have seen Enrique and he has impressed me most the time he has played.

Yeah, especially our last league match, where the opposition's right winger scored his first hat-trick.

The same right winger who moved to the left wing because he wasn't getting any joy out of our left back?

Got to admit, I'm still far from 100% on his appointment but god isn't this better than before. Even if some of it's pure fantasy you can still beleive there's some possibility of it happening under Keegan.

Remember when signing Maldini didn't seem impossible?

Roberto Baggio

:icon_lol:

I remember that.... Douggie Hall wandering into the San Siro and announcing that he was here to sign Baggio for Newcastle...

Those were the days..

Roberto Baggio

I remember that.... Douggie Hall wandering into the San Siro and announcing that he was here to sign Baggio for Newcastle...

Those were the days..

He only wanted £60k a week back in 1994. Zen Buddhist anarl.

Roberto Baggio

Those were the days..

Was it not the Stadio del Alpi? Sure it was Milan he moved to about a month after he tried that. B)

Given his love for goalscoring Belgian centre-backs, van Buyten. :)

Roberto Baggio

Those were the days..

Was it not the Stadio del Alpi? Sure it was Milan he moved to about a month after he tried that. B)

Given his love for goalscoring Belgian centre-backs, van Buyten. :)

Think you're right about him still being at Juve. Hope you're right about Van Buyten too, assuming he's the player he was.

Roberto Baggio

Those were the days..

Got laughed out the place, didn't he?