Dennis Wise quits Leeds to sign up for Newcastle revolution

Scottish Mag

I'm at a loss to understand this, it seems weird that Wisey has agreed to come here as he has no real connection or affinity with NUFC....though maybe that will prove to be a good thing, he will think with his head not his heart maybes. Im just surprised he wanted to leave Leeds, unfinished business and all that.

Still, lets be positive, I've a strange feeling Wisey will turn out good for us.

Now I'm away to dish up roast beef dins then watch some decent football....(Torquay V Histon tonight, live on Sultana, I'll give you a wave) ;)

Don't worry darling I'll be watching! :D :D B)

[/snakehips]

Took the words right out of my mouth!! :panic:

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just scratching my head thinking why the fuck is he here? I honestly can't answer that question, and him being a mate of Keegan's is pretty irrelevant. Leeds are 1 point off of certain promotion after that massive deduction, yet he wants to leave to come here. You'd have to think there would be something obvious you could say about what he would be doing here.

He may be somebody in football i can't stand, but he obviously knows what he's doing, you can't fault the work he's done with Leeds.

It may well be he's one of these footballers who whilst not intelligent in the academic sense is intelligent in the football world and has observed and learned from alot of the top players and different maangers/coaches he was with at Chelsea. Because he was doing some impressive work with Leeds considering the points deficit and losing alot of players to clear debts etc.

I'm just scratching my head thinking why the fuck is he here? I honestly can't answer that question, and him being a mate of Keegan's is pretty irrelevant. Leeds are 1 point off of certain promotion after that massive deduction, yet he wants to leave to come here. You'd have to think there would be something obvious you could say about what he would be doing here.

Wisey obviously thinks it's the right move if he's willing to sacrifice what he's got at leeds, makes you wonder

whinging cunts fuck off and support the mackems, so many boring negative tossers support our club :D

Agreed, some already starting to question KK's and Morts decisions, saying they hate Wise when I bet there's not one of them ever met the bloke.

You couldn't make this shit up :D

I never met Hitler, but by his reported actions it's pretty safe to say he was a shit.

That's not to say I'm unhappy Wise is here, he must be almost exactly the same age Keegan was when he arrived. A young, enthusiastic coach to get free tickets to all Vinny Jones' new film premiers for the players. Excellent for morale. We'll have Madonna and Nic Cage coming to our games too.

;) He's being mentioned in the same breath as Hitler now. Ok he's had a couple of scuffles in his life, who fucking hasn't?

And which of us haven't broken a lads jaw unprovoked? And who can say in all honesty that they've never been interviewed by the polis for chasing after a 13 year old lad? His reputation of being a twat is clearly as undeserved as Barton's.

I'm 100% behind the little wanker though....until Keegan says he doesn't like him being here.

Guest Patrokles
whinging cunts fuck off and support the mackems, so many boring negative tossers support our club :D

Agreed, some already starting to question KK's and Morts decisions, saying they hate Wise when I bet there's not one of them ever met the bloke.

You couldn't make this shit up :D

I never met Hitler, but by his reported actions it's pretty safe to say he was a shit.

That's not to say I'm unhappy Wise is here, he must be almost exactly the same age Keegan was when he arrived. A young, enthusiastic coach to get free tickets to all Vinny Jones' new film premiers for the players. Excellent for morale. We'll have Madonna and Nic Cage coming to our games too.

;) He's being mentioned in the same breath as Hitler now. Ok he's had a couple of scuffles in his life, who fucking hasn't?

And which of us haven't broken a lads jaw unprovoked? And who can say in all honesty that they've never been interviewed by the polis for chasing after a 13 year old lad? His reputation of being a twat is clearly as undeserved as Barton's.

I'm 100% behind the little wanker though....until Keegan says he doesn't like him being here.

I'd chase teenagers if they threw snowballs at my car. Little cunts now. I wouldn't do it on foot either. And I wouldn't slow down when my bull-bars made hefty contact.

Edited by Patrokles

Just heard the KK comments on this, and the brochure is changing again before his eyes ;)

"Obviously, there are going to be some moves at this club, but I think the chairman Chris Mort has really got to come out and say what that's all about later this week."
Edited by @yourservice

Roger Thames has got an exclusive interview with Wise for Tyne-Tees:

RogerDeCourcey2.jpg

been looking for same picture

Dennis Wise has wobbly eyes..............and looks like nookie bear

This is a fucking woeful appointment, "executive management position" my fucking arsehole.

This is worse than when you accidently fall in a pile of dog shit mouth first and a little bit gets in your mouth and you swallow some by mistake!!

Fuck off Wise!!

This is a fucking woeful appointment, "executive management position" my fucking arsehole.

This is worse than when you accidently fall in a pile of dog shit mouth first and a little bit gets in your mouth and you swallow some by mistake!!

Fuck off Wise!!

so are you in favour?

Bit of a Shepherd like appointment this. Ashleys first mistake?

I think it's the opposite. Too many times under Shepherd we sacked the manager with no idea who'd be taking over. After doing the same himself with Allardyce, Morshley would seem to prefer to have someone at the club ready to step into the role when it becomes available. Normally it would be a man on the coaching or playing staff, but it looks to me like Morshley wants his own man ready, fully versed in how things are run at the club.

For once it's long term thinking that ensures a seamless transition between managers and gets one of the best performing up and coming British managers setting the club up how he'd like it to be when he takes on the role.

The questions are if Keegan is happy to bed in a new man that he hasn't picked himself and exactly how much sway Wise will hold at the club.

Edited by Happy Face

From that Journalist (think he works for the People/Mirror) over on the Blackburn site..

Keegan wanted Chimbonda, the 'experts' at the club said no.

Keegan wanted Woodgate, he is going elsewhere.

The guys behind the scenes want to sign young players that they fancy.

Keegan won't take much of this.

The circus is definitely in Toon.

There are two new powerful figures.

Tony Jimenez and Jeff Vetere. Jimenez is big mates with Dennis Wise and Vetere was a scout at Charlton and then Real Madrid. They are special advisers to Ashley and his other football chum Paul Kemsley, ex Tottenham number two.

Little KK has been out of the game for three years, knows very little about available players, and is starting to look like a figurehead to me.

Yes, Mark Hughes had a very narrow escape. I said all along he was too straight for that club. Perhaps you now know what I mean.

Is very knowledgeable about players apparently.

Dennis Wise will be confirmed as the new general manager of Newcastle United today as the centrepiece of a significant restructuring of the club.

In the biggest changes since Mike Ashley bought Newcastle last summer, The Times can reveal that Tony Jimenez, a London-based property developer, will join the board as a vice-president and Jeff Vetere, a scout for Real Madrid, will be appointed as technical director to complete a continental-style management structure working in support of Kevin Keegan.

Keegan has been aware of Ashley’s plans to create a multi-tiered management team since he returned to the club as manager a fortnight ago, but had little say over its composition. It is understood that Wise, the Leeds United manager, was already being lined up before he was appointed. “I am very happy [about the situation],” Keegan said yesterday after further discussions with Chris Mort, his chairman. “That’s a fact.”

Leeds confirmed yesterday that they had agreed a compensation package with Newcastle for Wise and he will leave after preparing the team for tonight’s Coca-Cola League One match against Southend United at Roots Hall.

Keegan resumed talks with Alan Shearer last night about the former Newcastle captain taking up a part-time position ? probably coaching the forwards ? but Shearer will not be offered a senior role within the new structure. Wise’s appointment should not affect those discussions, however, as his remit will not include coaching and he will be primarily charged with identifying talent and buying players in the manner of a director of football. Wise and Vetere will make the initial assessment before calling in Jimenez to do the deal, though Newcastle insist that Keegan will have the final say.

While many Newcastle fans will be stunned at the recruitment of such a controversial character as Wise, it is even more surprising that he has chosen to abandon his management career after mounting an impressive promotion challenge with Leeds, despite the handicap of a 15-point penalty.

The Times understands, however, that Wise has told friends he no longer wants to be a manager after becoming disillusioned with the job since the departure of Gustavo Poyet, his assistant, to Tottenham Hotspur. His new position will also enable him to spend more time at the family home in Buckinghamshire as he will not be required to move to the North East.

Wise will work closely with Vetere and Jimenez, who was intimately involved in his appointment and whose work for the club will be formalised when he is appointed in a part-time position today. Although his background is in property, the Spanish-speaking Jimenez is well connected in football and has a reputation as an astute deal-maker, helping to bring Juande Ramos to Tottenham as head coach before beginning work for Newcastle late last year.

Jimenez has known Wise since the latter’s playing days at Chelsea a decade ago and the pair have maintained a close friendship.

Vetere will also have a crucial role because, in contrast with Keegan’s first period in charge, when he scrapped the reserve team, Newcastle are pinning their hopes on youth development, hoping to follow the successful models in place at Arsenal and Seville by filling their academy with the best players from all over the world.

The multilingual Vetere began his career as a youth-team manager at Rushden & Diamonds, but he was appointed overseas co-ordinator at Charlton Athletic by Alan Curbishley, who also took him to West Ham United before Vetere left for Real.

On another remarkable day on Tyneside, Keegan confirmed that Joey Barton, who is on bail over an assault charge, is set to be named on the substitutes’ bench for tonight’s league fixture away to Arsenal. Barton was residing at the Sporting Chance clinic in Hampshire but now has a nightly curfew at his North East home at 7.30pm, except on match days. “His football has to do his talking now,” Keegan said.