The Official Toontastic © Transfer Dealine Day Thread ™

Tom

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

fuck me this is depressing. can anyone remember the last window where they were genuinely happy with the outcome and optimistic about the season ahead?

i'd say the summer we signed owen and solano but look how that one turned out...

This ones even worse than the Sib window :icon_lol:

that was acutally quite funny in the end

I was in the pub that night, felt the familiar excitement when I saw the news of a signing flash up.. Sibierski.. fucking brilliant. Needless to say, I got pissed. :nufc:

Boro paying 13 million for Alves apparently.

There's just nobody out there[/keegan]

Or no fucker wants to join us... :icon_lol:

Last window and this...I'm afraid the money saving motif is beginning to flourish in the garden of my anxiety.

I don't see what you lot are getting het up about, I haven't seen any transfers of players going to other clubs that'd have been worth us going for tbh. I think Kev's right, there really isn't anyone out there worth going for just yet - I'd have liked Van Buyten but it's not that depressing that nobody's come in so far. Another two weeks and Kev will have the lads from the African nations to play so it's not as if our squad is that bad for the remainder of the season. and come summer we'll have that much more scope on who we can go for instead of just anyone for the sake of it.

I don't see what you lot are getting het up about, I haven't seen any transfers of players going to other clubs that'd have been worth us going for tbh. I think Kev's right, there really isn't anyone out there worth going for just yet - I'd have liked Van Buyten but it's not that depressing that nobody's come in so far. Another two weeks and Kev will have the lads from the African nations to play so it's not as if our squad is that bad for the remainder of the season. and come summer we'll have that much more scope on who we can go for instead of just anyone for the sake of it.

In a couple of weeks time we'll have lost another 3 games.

Theres plenty of players out there that would improve on this squad make no doubt about it!

If they are saying the funds are there, then surely they should be going to improve the squad now rather than the summer, or does Ashley not trust anybody else spending his money?, because thats how it's coming across to me, yeh he paid the debt off :razz: but now is the time to put his money where his mouth his tbh, seems everyone but those at the club can see that most of this squad is not upto scratch and when the chips are down they can't perform together.

16 Daniel Jarque González DEF Espanyol AS Unconfirmed

17 Jermaine Defoe FWD Spurs Evening Standard Unconfirmed

17 Wayne Bridge DEF Chelsea Independent Unconfirmed

17 Johan Elmander FWD Toulouse Independent Unconfirmed

17 Micah Richards DEF Manchester City Independent Unconfirmed

17 Richard Dunne DEF Manchester City Independent Unconfirmed

17 Mohamed Sissoko MID Liverpool Independent Unconfirmed

17 Rafael van der Vaart DEF SV Hamburg Mirror Unconfirmed

17 Olof Mellberg DEF Aston Villa Mirror Unconfirmed

17 Daniel Van Buyten DEF SV Hamburg Mirror Unconfirmed

18 Marek Cech DEF Porto Pravda Unconfirmed

18 Eidur Gudjohnsen FWD Barcelona Football 365 Unconfirmed

18 Deco MID Barcelona Daily Telegraph Unconfirmed

18 Scott Brown MID Celtic Daily Telegraph Unconfirmed

18 Wes Brown DEF Manchester United Football 365 Unconfirmed

18 Shaun Wright-Phillips MID Chelsea Football 365 Unconfirmed

19 Barry Robson DEF Dundee United Daily Record Unconfirmed

20 Carlos Cuellar DEF Rangers Sunday Express Unconfirmed

20 Alan Hutton DEF Rangers Sunday Mirror Unconfirmed

20 Ledley King DEF Spurs Sunday Mirror Unconfirmed

20 Sol Campbell DEF Portsmouth Sunday Express Unconfirmed

20 Dimitar Berbatov FWD Spurs Mirror Unconfirmed

20 Pascal Chimbonda DEF Spurs Sunday People Unconfirmed

20 Michael Carrick MID Manchester United Star Unconfirmed

20 David Bentley MID Blackburn Rovers Sunday Sun Unconfirmed

21 Nicky Shorey MID Reading Independent Unconfirmed

21 Andrei Arshavin MID Zenit St Petersburg St.Petersburg website Unconfirmed

22 David Beckham MID LA Galaxy Mirror Denied by NUFC

22 Olivier Kapo MID Birmingham City Fans FC Unconfirmed

22 John Arne Riise DEF Liverpool Chronicle Unconfirmed

23 Goran Pandev FWD Lazio SkySports Unconfirmed

23 Jonathan Woodgate DEF Middlesbrough Chronicle Unconfirmed

23 Dean Ashton FWD West Ham Mirror Unconfirmed

23 Sami Hyypia DEF Liverpool Shields Gazette Unconfirmed

24 Luka Modric MID Croatia Zagreb The Sun Unconfirmed

25 Michael Ciani DEF Lorient The Times Unconfirmed

25 Stewart Downing MID Middlesbrough Star Unconfirmed

26 Giles Barnes MID Derby Express Unconfirmed

26 Ezequiel Garay DEF Racing Santander Guardian Unconfirmed

27 Leroy Lita FWD Reading People Unconfirmed

29 Lubos Kalouda MID FC Brno Czech media Unconfirmed

30 Ole Soderberg GKR BK Hacken Sportbladet Unconfirmed

take your pick

Edited by @yourservice

Guest Patrokles

Theres plenty of players out there that would improve on this squad make no doubt about it!

If they are saying the funds are there, then surely they should be going to improve the squad now rather than the summer, or does Ashley not trust anybody else spending his money?, because thats how it's coming across to me, yeh he paid the debt off B) but now is the time to put his money where his mouth his tbh, seems everyone but those at the club can see that most of this sqaud is not upto scratch and when the chips are down they can't perform together.

16 Daniel Jarque González DEF Espanyol AS Unconfirmed

17 Jermaine Defoe FWD Spurs Evening Standard Unconfirmed

17 Wayne Bridge DEF Chelsea Independent Unconfirmed

17 Johan Elmander FWD Toulouse Independent Unconfirmed

17 Micah Richards DEF Manchester City Independent Unconfirmed

17 Richard Dunne DEF Manchester City Independent Unconfirmed

17 Mohamed Sissoko MID Liverpool Independent Unconfirmed

17 Rafael van der Vaart DEF SV Hamburg Mirror Unconfirmed

17 Olof Mellberg DEF Aston Villa Mirror Unconfirmed

17 Daniel Van Buyten DEF SV Hamburg Mirror Unconfirmed

18 Marek Cech DEF Porto Pravda Unconfirmed

18 Eidur Gudjohnsen FWD Barcelona Football 365 Unconfirmed

18 Deco MID Barcelona Daily Telegraph Unconfirmed

18 Scott Brown MID Celtic Daily Telegraph Unconfirmed

18 Wes Brown DEF Manchester United Football 365 Unconfirmed

18 Shaun Wright-Phillips MID Chelsea Football 365 Unconfirmed

19 Barry Robson DEF Dundee United Daily Record Unconfirmed

20 Carlos Cuellar DEF Rangers Sunday Express Unconfirmed

20 Alan Hutton DEF Rangers Sunday Mirror Unconfirmed

20 Ledley King DEF Spurs Sunday Mirror Unconfirmed

20 Sol Campbell DEF Portsmouth Sunday Express Unconfirmed

20 Dimitar Berbatov FWD Spurs Mirror Unconfirmed

20 Pascal Chimbonda DEF Spurs Sunday People Unconfirmed

20 Michael Carrick MID Manchester United Star Unconfirmed

20 David Bentley MID Blackburn Rovers Sunday Sun Unconfirmed

21 Nicky Shorey MID Reading Independent Unconfirmed

21 Andrei Arshavin MID Zenit St Petersburg St.Petersburg website Unconfirmed

22 David Beckham MID LA Galaxy Mirror Denied by NUFC

22 Olivier Kapo MID Birmingham City Fans FC Unconfirmed

22 John Arne Riise DEF Liverpool Chronicle Unconfirmed

23 Goran Pandev FWD Lazio SkySports Unconfirmed

23 Jonathan Woodgate DEF Middlesbrough Chronicle Unconfirmed

23 Dean Ashton FWD West Ham Mirror Unconfirmed

23 Sami Hyypia DEF Liverpool Shields Gazette Unconfirmed

24 Luka Modric MID Croatia Zagreb The Sun Unconfirmed

25 Michael Ciani DEF Lorient The Times Unconfirmed

25 Stewart Downing MID Middlesbrough Star Unconfirmed

26 Giles Barnes MID Derby Express Unconfirmed

26 Ezequiel Garay DEF Racing Santander Guardian Unconfirmed

27 Leroy Lita FWD Reading People Unconfirmed

29 Lubos Kalouda MID FC Brno Czech media Unconfirmed

30 Ole Soderberg GKR BK Hacken Sportbladet Unconfirmed

take your pick

I forgot that when a Newspaper links a player to us they become available by default. Silly me. :razz:

1957: "In light of David Rozenhal's move to Lazio, Newcastle will now sign Wes Brown for £5m with Nani also going to Newcastle on loan."

Anonymous, via text

on bbc

Yes please!

Guest Patrokles
Theres players out there and money talks.

Look at your list properly. Carrick? Bridge? Garay? Richards? Sissoko? Elmander? Van Der Vaart? Deco? SWP? Berbatov? Modric? Realistic?

Of the rest, some chose other clubs over us, others are players people would be horrified if we signed.

1957: "In light of David Rozenhal's move to Lazio, Newcastle will now sign Wes Brown for £5m with Nani also going to Newcastle on loan."

Anonymous, via text

on bbc

Thought Brown was signing a new contract at OT. A reasonable defender but I'm sure we can knock that out of him, should he surprisingly come here.

Look at your list properly. Carrick? Bridge? Garay? Richards? Sissoko? Elmander? Van Der Vaart? Deco? SWP? Berbatov? Modric? Realistic?

Of the rest, some chose other clubs over us, others are players people would be horrified if we signed.

It wouldn't be if whoever from the club said there wasn't £90/£100 mill etc available, theres players out there if the price is right and look where we are in the league with the coming fixtures, talk of KK being out the game for 3 years, well surely Terry Mac and Pearson etc etc would've told him the score?, even Ashley has stood and watched it, thats why I'm beginning to wonder if Ashley does not trust his money in anybody elses hands.

Guest Patrokles

It wouldn't be if whoever from the club said there wasn't £90/£100 mill etc available, theres players out there if the price is right and look where we are in the league with the coming fixtures, talk of KK being out the game for 3 years, well surely Terry Mac and Pearson etc etc would've told him the score?, even Ashley has stood and watched it, thats why I'm beginning to wonder if Ashley does not trust his money in anybody elses hands.

These players want Champions League football, they want to be at top, top clubs.

Ashley is worth £1.9billion in assets. He has recently shelled out £200m quid. That doesn't mean he has another £50m lying in a Northern Rock account ready to be spent, does it?

Anonymous, via text

on bbc

I doubt it

that'd be pretty fucking ace though

Exactly, and as well as that, why pay over-the-odds for players just for the sake of it? Panic buying just adds to players we'd probably have to get rid of when Kev decides to get his own players in and to get players like that in you're likely to have to pay silly wgaes too. :razz: