Newcastle Utd 2 -0 Fulham

Happy Face

Good to finally be able to see a game for the first time in a while. Liked the look of the side, for the most part contained Fulham to long range shots. Some of them looked dangerous, mind, and I think that final chance at the end of the first half could have been a lot worse for us if someone other than Eddie Johnson was on the end of it. :icon_lol:

What the fuck is with Geremi continuing to get playing time? He looked awful to me today and I wasn't necessarily going to buy into the vitriol people were spewing his way on here until I actually saw it, but his passing seemed poor and his crossing was woeful. I'm hoping that there was something more to his defense that I wasn't able to see on the broadcast... :razz:

But it sure feels nice to have a win, even if it was against a team I desperately hope stays up as well.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What was with the team huddle at the start? Seemed to work whatever it was. Geremi was rubbish apart from his freekick, he has no comprehension of how to overlap or back up his partner on the right side.

Owen looked good, chased everything for once. Was caught napping twice though with his back to play when their keeper took a quick throw.

Martins is ace! Forgetting his big name rep for a minute, hes only 23, hes fast, he can dribble, he can hit a rocket with both feet and he cant be pushed off the ball for love nor money!

What was with the team huddle at the start? Seemed to work whatever it was. Geremi was rubbish apart from his freekick, he has no comprehension of how to overlap or back up his partner on the right side.

Owen looked good, chased everything for once. Was caught napping twice though with his back to play when their keeper took a quick throw.

Martins is ace! Forgetting his big name rep for a minute, hes only 23, hes fast, he can dribble, he can hit a rocket with both feet and he cant be pushed off the ball for love nor money!

:razz::(

:icon_lol:

I think he'll be a real asset to the club mind you.

Just back. Excellent result and should have really had more. Overall I thought Geremi was poor (though got better 2nd half), set piece delivery still woeful apart from Owens goal. Martins was poor for me as well, while he has the odd flash of brilliance (excellent shot early one forcing a great save from keller), he is mostly wasteful.

I thought Butt had a cracking game breaking up their play. Lastly, I have to mention Barton who prob had his best game for us. I still hate the little shit, but credit where its due.

Fulham look like us six months ago. Just knocking the ball about midfield with very little in the way of penetration. Really confident performance from us today though; Owen was superb, Viduka's hold-up play was typically excellent and when Joey Barton is having a decent game, you know things are going your way. Onward to Spurs so here's hoping for a result. With the last four points and the way we've been playing, I'm pretty certain we're surviving.

If they do go down I wouldn't mind us putting a bid in for Bullard.

I agree (don't know if N'Zogbia does). As a squad player he would be pretty useful. He seems to be quite a character and pretty good for team spirit as well.

are you kidding or are you just clueless?

Guest Patrokles

Happy, but a little embarrassed that Martins is made a cause celebre, whereas Owen, who played very well, wasn't treated to a chant or two.

Happy, but a little embarrassed that Martins is made a cause celebre, whereas Owen, who played very well, wasn't treated to a chant or two.

Man-up ffs :razz:

Not that I want to ( :icon_lol: ), but I have to agree with Patrokles. Martins played ok/well in the last two games, but the über-wankfests are totally over the top if you ask me. What will people do if he actually scores, something he hasn't done since a dodgy penalty early in December btw (including the games for Nigeria).

Not that I want to ( :icon_lol: ), but I have to agree with Patrokles. Martins played ok/well in the last two games, but the über-wankfests are totally over the top if you ask me. What will people do if he actually scores, something he hasn't done since a dodgy penalty early in December btw (including the games for Nigeria).

+1

It is a bit cringeworthy. Martins is their darling but it's Owen who has been getting the goals lately.

I suppose it's because Owen hasn't declared undying love for the club.

Not that I disagree, but Martins hasn't played much since then. Certainly not as regularly as Owen.

To follow on from what others have said, the booing of the decision to take Martins off was a fucking disgrace. He didn't even play particularly well and it was a tactical move to 'shut up shop'. All in all though I'm absolutely delighted with the result. We're almost safe after that.

To follow on from what others have said, the booing of the decision to take Martins off was a fucking disgrace. He didn't even play particularly well and it was a tactical move to 'shut up shop'. All in all though I'm absolutely delighted with the result. We're almost safe after that.

i agree. all the subs made were spot on

Exactly. We were winning 1-0 ffs and the ball hadn't stuck to Martins all afternoon. I'm all for him (and Viduka and Owen) starting as they are 3 of our best players and it seems to be working at least as well as any other combo we've played this season but there was absolutely nothing wrong with taking Martins off at that stage of the game.

Exactly. We were winning 1-0 ffs and the ball hadn't stuck to Martins all afternoon. I'm all for him (and Viduka and Owen) starting as they are 3 of our best players and it seems to be working at least as well as any other combo we've played this season but there was absolutely nothing wrong with taking Martins off at that stage of the game.

I dont have a major problem with the Matrins sub but I would have preferred to see Viduka go first, he started well but faded badly in the 2nd half. At least Oba had movement.

Big plus for me was Barton, I didnt hear who got MOTM but have to admit he must have been up there.

I dont have a major problem with the Matrins sub but I would have preferred to see Viduka go first, he started well but faded badly in the 2nd half. At least Oba had movement.

Big plus for me was Barton, I didnt hear who got MOTM but have to admit he must have been up there.

beye got motm