The Greatest Europen Player You've Seen?

Tooj

Recoba.

Buffon.

Nedved.

(I haven't seen that many)

Tell me you're whooshing me? :lol:

I'd have said the same about Buffon... one of the most over-rated keepers I've ever seen.

More the fact that Recoba is South American. That was my point. :(

I misinterpreted as, seen in European competition.

Yeah, yeah. John Anderson moment more like :P

No certainly a misinterpretation.

Having seen Buffon & Nedved at the home match against Juventus, which we won 1-0.

And having seen Recoba at the home match against Inter Milan.

B)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Recoba.

Buffon.

Nedved.

(I haven't seen that many)

Tell me you're whooshing me? :lol:

I'd have said the same about Buffon... one of the most over-rated keepers I've ever seen.

More the fact that Recoba is South American. That was my point. :P

Must admit, that one slipped me by.... :(

For me it has to be Cruyff

He was absolutely fantastic great passer, crosser and running with the ball at his feet.

:D

fantastic player, the best.

Loved the Ajax team that won the European Cup in 1971, 72 and 73. Told my mate that Holland would win the World Cup before the tournament started, I never put a bet on because I've never been a betting man, but he took no notice.

Best nearly prediction I ever made. He was kicking himself as the tournament went on and they shocked everybody, but I don't understand why hardly anybody thought they had a chance.

They were the best team in the tournament but just lost the Final. They also lost in 1978 against Argentina, Rensenbrink hitting the post in the last seconds before extra time.

Weren't as good without Cryuff but came closer to winning.

Alrredo di Stefano.

I know, I know, he was born in Argentina but his parents were Italians and he achieved greatness in Europe while playing for Real Madrid and Spain.

Never seen anyone better.

For me it has to be Cruyff

He was absolutely fantastic great passer, crosser and running with the ball at his feet.

:D

aye, but a youtube video can make anyone look good

i used to adore the old dutch 3 , rijkard van basten and gulit . bloody great to watch .

now tho its gotta be zlatan ibrahimovic , the things that guy can do with a football for someone so tall and strong , gotta be the perfect centre forward .

Zidane for me, mainly due to his performances in Euro finals, World Cup final and the wonder goal in the Champions League final. All the talent in the world and the major honours to back it up.

And a hard bastard to boot.

Guest Stevie
I`d say Dalglish or Mattheus or Zidane are the best I`ve seen.

Dalglish was a class footballer no one disputes that, but the other two, who I have put first and second, were the leading men and fundamental reasons their countries won World Cups. No disrespect to anyone on this thread, but some of the names that have been mentioned in front of Zidane and Matthaus, are utterly staggering. Maybe a lot of people are put off by the fact Zidane is so recent, but it would be interesting to know if Baggio rates himself as being better than Zidane. As for Matthaus, still playing for Germany at 40, adn still tehir best player, albeit in a shit side. Zidane lit the 1998 World Cup Final up, and Matthaus was simply unplayable for the majority of the 1990 World Cup, a 5-1 against Yugoslavia stands out. True proven World class and World Cup winners.

Edited by Stevie

I`d say Dalglish or Mattheus or Zidane are the best I`ve seen.

Dalglish was a class footballer no one disputes that, but the other two, who I have put first and second, were the leading men and fundamental reasons their countries won World Cups. No disrespect to anyone on this thread, but some of the names that have been mentioned in front of Zidane and Matthaus, are utterly staggering. Maybe a lot of people are put off by the fact Zidane is so recent, but it would be interesting to know if Baggio rates himself as being better than Zidane. As for Matthaus, still playing for Germany at 40, adn still tehir best player, albeit in a shit side. Zidane lit the 1998 World Cup Final up, and Matthaus was simply unplayable for the majority of the 1990 World Cup, a 5-1 against Yugoslavia stands out. True proven World class and World Cup winners.

Baggio pretty much carried Italy to the final of the '94 World Cup though.

ferenc puskas - creator of the split striker role and a footballing genius.

zinedine zidane - the artist

gerd muller - best finisher ever

Johan cruyff - could play anywhere and well as well!

paolo maldini - full back or centre back, the best i've ever seen

franco baresi - the libero

dejan savicevic - playing in the hole or down the left i've not seen many better. best dribbler i've seen.

dejan savicevic - playing in the hole or down the left i've not seen many better. best dribbler i've seen.

Class player.

Guest Stevie

Class player.

Serbia/Croatia/Yugoslavia were so blessed late 80s early 90s. Fuck knows how England did them 4-1 in Belgrade. Savicevic was world class, there was the emerging Prosinecki, Katanec, Pancev and Suker, Boban was world class, a long with Mihailovic, and Dragan Stoijkovic.

Class player.

Serbia/Croatia/Yugoslavia were so blessed late 80s early 90s. Fuck knows how England did them 4-1 in Belgrade. Savicevic was world class, there was the emerging Prosinecki, Katanec, Pancev and Suker, Boban was world class, a long with Mihailovic, and Dragan Stoijkovic.

That interview was funny as fuck as well. :D