1st signing OFFICIAL!

Park Life

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lennon. :rolleyes:

This is the propa thing baby. Read it and weep. :wub:

No offence but I am not going to be getting too worried just yet.

Fair game though, your off the mark and that is deffo a KK signing.

:)

On July 1st 2008, Jonás Gutiérrez unilaterally rescinded his contract with the Spanish side, after calling FIFA's Article 17, most commonly know as "Webster Law". As a result, the club is know demanding a 15 million euros compensation.

Aye aye :rolleyes:

Looks like a cheeky edit to me.

Webster Law = Spider Man.

Bad spelling...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...tic/5233096.stm

Self Merkage :wub:

The papers aint got shit on us.

I'm surprised the club insider didn't let it slip

How long till the "Keegan knew nothing about the signing, it was Wise, the club have triggered this Webster's Law cos they're skint, Ashley is gonna pull the plug, we're all gonna die" stories in the paper?

Edited by Andrew Flintoff

From 2007

Jonas Gutierrez linked with Portsmouth move

By Giles Mole

Last Updated: 7:28am GMT 06/12/2007

Have your say Read comments

Portsmouth are to make a bid for Real Mallorca striker Jonas Gutierrez in the January transfer window.

The Argentina forward, 24, will be allowed to leave if Portsmouth match the club's £10 million asking price.

Manager Harry Redknapp has previously made contact with Mallorca regarding Gutierrez, but was put off by the asking price.

However, the two clubs are set for further talks and hope a compromise can be reached.

The deal has been made complicated, and expensive, due to the fact the Spanish side will have to pay 50 per cent of any transfer to the player's former club, Newell's Old Boys.

Gutierrez said: "I know the situation and my position has not changed. If the offer is right then I would like to play in the Premier League.

"I am convinced I could be a success for a club like Portsmouth and I am ambitious to succeed.

"They have a very good reputation and want to be successful, so it is a club that appeals."

Portsmouth's interest in the Argentine raises further question marks over the future of England striker David Nugent, who has struggled to hold down a regular first-team place since his £6m move from Preston.

Should Mallorca prove unwavering in their asking price for Gutierrez, Redknapp may sell Nugent to fund the move.

Free transfer? :rolleyes:

Mike Ashley will be loving that.

Straws and grasping dear?

No fair game, great bit of business. I dont like this new law but if it has worked in your favour, you are not going to complain.

Talk about out of the blue

Just shows that no one outside of the club really has a clue who we're after. I'll be happy if this is the way we continue to do business, as long as he's not shite like.

I'm guessing we've reached an agreement with Mallorca for him cock-spack.

From snakes post: "As a result, the club is know demanding a 15 million euros compensation."

I was purely commenting on the above. :wub:

Nailed on to be class for us then...

I haven't a clue how good this guy will be, so I'll reserve judgement. All we can do is support him and give him time to settle and simply hope he isn't another Luque.

Nailed on to be class for us then...

I haven't a clue how good this guy will be, so I'll reserve judgement. All we can do is support him and give him time to settle and simply hope he isn't another Luque.

Seconded, never heard of him or seen him play so we'll see

I'm guessing we've reached an agreement with Mallorca for him cock-spack.

From snakes post: "As a result, the club is know demanding a 15 million euros compensation."

I was purely commenting on the above. :wub:

Bollocks, you were going for the 'Mike Ashley is tight' angle again.

excellent stuff, transfers that come out of the blue are always the most fun ( until we see him play anyway :rolleyes: )

so how do you pronounce his name then, i cant mention this to anyone at work until I get that right!

Edited by zico martin