1st signing OFFICIAL!

Park Life

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stolen from another forum:

Newcastle have not only admitted that they can sign a player by the Webster Ruling, we are also condoning the sale of our own players via the same method.

Michael Owen is now free to join any club outside of England for £5m.

Although he is going for less, we would have definitely lost Emre for £6m if we had wanted to keep him.

Harper could move to Scotland for £1.3m

Taylor can go abroad for £500k

stolen from another forum:

Newcastle have not only admitted that they can sign a player by the Webster Ruling, we are also condoning the sale of our own players via the same method.

Michael Owen is now free to join any club outside of England for £5m.

Although he is going for less, we would have definitely lost Emre for £6m if we had wanted to keep him.

Harper could move to Scotland for £1.3m

Taylor can go abroad for £500k

:wub:

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes: And you lot think the press hate you. You sign one player and the BBC give you a full page of journalism.

We are lucky if we get three lines :)

That's just because you're insignificant.

Has Torres stole Happy Faces login :wub:

Edited by Danny B

:rolleyes: And you lot think the press hate you. You sign one player and the BBC give you a full page of journalism.

We are lucky if we get three lines :wub:

idiot boy, it's a spread in the "MY club section"

if you bothered your arse to have a wee gander, you'd find you've got a full spread on Huddlestone signing a contract!

oh, by the by, type "innit" again on this forum and I'll have you banned.

fucking "innit", I ask you, what the hell is the world coming to?

:wub: And you lot think the press hate you. You sign one player and the BBC give you a full page of journalism.

if you bothered your arse to have a wee gander, you'd find you've got a full spread on Huddlestone signing a contract!

No you won't. :rolleyes:

:wub: And you lot think the press hate you. You sign one player and the BBC give you a full page of journalism.

No you won't. :rolleyes:

INNIT!

fucking hate that particular modern piece of slang.

that and "y'getme?"

adverts for post-natal abortion, the lot of them.

Kevin Keegan has made Jonás Gutiérrez, the Argentina player, the first significant signing of his second spell in charge at Newcastle United. It has not taken long for the winger who is also known as “Spiderman”, to spin a web of intrigue after it emerged that he is the subject of an £11.9 million compensation claim from his former club.

Gutiérrez, who earned the unusual moniker for his novel goal celebration as he dons a mask in honour of the comic-book superhero, in addition to firing imaginary webs from his wrists, has agreed a five-year contract worth about £35,000 a week to join from Mallorca. The Spanish club want compensation after claiming that Gutiérrez walked out to join Newcastle with two years of his contract remaining. Fifa, football's world governing body, has been called in to settle the situation, with the player insisting that rules allow players under the age of 28 who have been at a club for at least three seasons to buy out the remainder of their contract.

The impasse is not a threat to the 24-year-old's transfer, but the size of the fee Newcastle eventually end up paying - thought to be up to £7million - will be affected by Fifa's ruling because Newcastle are likely to share the cost with the player. “Jonás is a wonderful signing,” Keegan said. “He will be a terrific addition. I'm sure our fans will enjoy watching him.”

Gutiérrez, who made his international debut in February, will link up with his new team-mates within the next ten days. Newell's Old Boys, his first club, will receive about 50 per cent of the eventual fee. Gutiérrez will have an early opportunity to face his former club in what could be a frosty return to the Balearics when Newcastle play Mallorca in a pre-season tournament on August 3. Supporters will hope to see the Spiderman mask more regularly than their counterparts in Mallorca, Gutiérrez having failed to score last season and mustering a modest five goals in 96 La Liga appearances.

Kevin Keegan has made Jonás Gutiérrez, the Argentina player, the first significant signing of his second spell in charge at Newcastle United. It has not taken long for the winger who is also known as “Spiderman”, to spin a web of intrigue after it emerged that he is the subject of an £11.9 million compensation claim from his former club.

Gutiérrez, who earned the unusual moniker for his novel goal celebration as he dons a mask in honour of the comic-book superhero, in addition to firing imaginary webs from his wrists, has agreed a five-year contract worth about £35,000 a week to join from Mallorca. The Spanish club want compensation after claiming that Gutiérrez walked out to join Newcastle with two years of his contract remaining. Fifa, football's world governing body, has been called in to settle the situation, with the player insisting that rules allow players under the age of 28 who have been at a club for at least three seasons to buy out the remainder of their contract.

The impasse is not a threat to the 24-year-old's transfer, but the size of the fee Newcastle eventually end up paying - thought to be up to £7million - will be affected by Fifa's ruling because Newcastle are likely to share the cost with the player. “Jonás is a wonderful signing,” Keegan said. “He will be a terrific addition. I'm sure our fans will enjoy watching him.”

Gutiérrez, who made his international debut in February, will link up with his new team-mates within the next ten days. Newell's Old Boys, his first club, will receive about 50 per cent of the eventual fee. Gutiérrez will have an early opportunity to face his former club in what could be a frosty return to the Balearics when Newcastle play Mallorca in a pre-season tournament on August 3. Supporters will hope to see the Spiderman mask more regularly than their counterparts in Mallorca, Gutiérrez having failed to score last season and mustering a modest five goals in 96 La Liga appearances.

Does make the picture a bit murky.

For around £5m odd, the compensation first mooted on various reports it was a good deal. But anything approaching £10 wouldn't look too clever.

fucking hate that particular modern piece of slang.

that and "y'getme?"

adverts for post-natal abortion, the lot of them.

Agreed, along with "Djarnartamean"

Thats just the thing that makes the reactions and comments funny though, If we had signed a player from the premiership who we knew about (E.g Lennon) then im sure a lot would be picking up on the negative sides of his game. Im sure there would be quite a few cautious posts however because no one even knows how the guy plays, everyone is full of blind optimism

Superb.

well it's just such a far cry from the shepherd days where everything was dangled in front of us with constant news reports and insider info etc etc

and this undisclosed fee thing is new for us too

of course, lets hope he's better than Nobby and zoggy. Which is all that matters really.

Nobby?

"well it's just such a far cry from the shepherd days where everything was dangled in front of us with constant news reports and insider info etc etc

and this undisclosed fee thing is new for us too"

nowt but cliche and rubbish I'm afraid.

Nowt wrong with news reports unless you think that all the biggest clubs in the world have been doing it all wrong for decades.

Any way but Freds eh :rolleyes:

Lets hope this bloke is better than Nobby SOLANO and zoggy, 2 half decent players signed - dare I say it - during the time of Fat Fred

Doh. Like a lot of people, you're not doing so bad until you let personalities get in the way of common sense and sound judgement.

Ashley has a lot to do to match the old board yet. "Dangling things in front of us and constant news reports" is totally irrelevent, when alls said and done.

By the way, personally, I would rather know the fee.

Comparisons to Nol Sol are moot, since he isn't playing for us any more.

Even you Leazes must be impressed with the professionalism of this board. Nee calling Geordie wimmin dogs, nee slagging off lower league sides and nee embarrasing soundbytes. It must make a change.

Comparisons to Nol Sol are moot, since he isn't playing for us any more.

Even you Leazes must be impressed with the professionalism of this board. Nee calling Geordie wimmin dogs, nee slagging off lower league sides and nee embarrasing soundbytes. It must make a change.

I've always just assumed that Leazes agreed with the board on those points.

Guest alex

Actually, Shepherd said the prostitutes in Newcastle were dogs iirc. Not sure if that's better or worse than how it was widely reported though :rolleyes: