Buy him!

Park Life

Saviola Available at A Price

Javier Saviola has been put up for sale by Real Madrid amid reports of several interested sides, but he may have to lower his wage demands to secure a transfer.

»Comments (7) Print This Story Send To A Friend Contact Us

galleria

zoom

The Argentinian has stated that he wanted to stay at the Bernabéu and prove himself after a first season that saw him only given minimial chances to shine following a move from Barcelona last summer.

Madrid are not impressed, however, and coach Bernd Schuster has instructed the board to find Saviola a new club before the players depart for pre-season training camp in Austria later this month.

Wolfsburg are one club to have made their interest official, while Italian hopeuls Juventus, Fiorentina and Napoli are all monitoring the situation, according to the media.

While Madrid only want €5m for the player that cost Barcelona €18m from River Plate when he was tipped to become a huge star in Argentina almost seven years ago.

Saviola now realises that he will only spend another term on the bench if he stays with Los Merengues, but is refusing to lower his personal demands.

Earning €3m-per-season at Madrid has meant that any other club keen on securing his services will have to match that fee and none of the current interested parties want to."

Lucas Brown, Goal.com

Would be excellent for us when Little Mickey misses games or playing against deep sitting opposition (not one of Martins strong points).

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saviola joined Madrid for the express purpose of sitting on their bench and collecting mega money. He'll want similar money if he comes here and I can't see him being anything but another mercenary.

Saviola joined Madrid for the express purpose of sitting on their bench and collecting mega money. He'll want similar money if he comes here and I can't see him being anything but another mercenary.

he's on around 45k a week I think hardly enormous money by todays standards besides he is quality and I'd take a mercenary who's that good, we need quality I don't care much if they love the club or their wages more as long as they play

Still a good age and has quality in abundance, for that price we should be in the hunt and his wages arent over the top neither when you think that sidwell is asking for the saem amount! Also mite help Gutierrez settle and vice versa......

Still a good age and has quality in abundance, for that price we should be in the hunt and his wages arent over the top neither when you think that sidwell is asking for the saem amount! Also mite help Gutierrez settle and vice versa......

Quite a bargain. I was thinking about the Guti thing as well. :D

• 6 months later...
Would be worth getting in as Owen's replacement for when Owen leaves either this transfer window or the summer.

I think he's unlikely to go before Tuesday like.

Would be worth getting in as Owen's replacement for when Owen leaves either this transfer window or the summer.

I wouldn't put anything past this club, even with him injured.

I wouldn't put anything past this club, even with him injured.

Nowt to do with NUFC, the board would love to have flogged him imo.

He didn't. He's been in a mega huff for a while now because he's not getting enough games. Only reason he didn't move in the summer is he was assured he would start getting starts but now Huntelaar is there he's had it.

I'm sure he'd love to play for Joe Kinnear in a relegation battling side. I'm also sure Kinnear would improve his play.

"Tell that fackin Savlon to fackin tackle back or I'll fackin kick 'im up the 'arris! Fackin Argies Jesus (no offence Colon)!"

Inspirational, I bet he can't wait.

yeah i'd happily have him for the right price

Still think we need a big target man more though, viduka's too heavy and old..

too heavy and old???...... fuck off! you dont have a clue do you!