Steve McClaren sacked as Newcastle United 'Head Coach' (Manager)

Tooj

We haven't beaten anybody in this league since January 2015?

what is it since then? 6 or 7 wins? combine that with our recent away record and our track record away at stoke and DK's statement doesn't look so hyperbolic

what is it since then? 6 or 7 wins? combine that with our recent away record and our track record away at stoke and DK's statement doesn't look so hyperbolic

It's not remotely hyperbolic. I never even said I expect us to lose or anything like that. It's just expecting a win is delusional. Nothing in our results in the last two seasons would give anyone reason to expect us to win away games. I don't even expect home wins any more.

Think it's 7 wins and something in the region of 9 away goals since then :lol:

Edit: Just the two away wins in that period too I think.

Edited by Alex

It's not remotely hyperbolic. I never even said I expect us to lose or anything like that. It's just expecting a win is delusional. Nothing in our results in the last two seasons would give anyone reason to expect us to win away games. I don't even expect home wins any more.

Not talking about anticipating the loss at Stoke, you're not expecting to ever win a game in this division? That's Hyperbole. We have shown we can beat anyone, even in this shitty season we've beaten one of the favourites to be champions in their own backyard. I expect to win 4 out of the 6 games we have against the bottom 6 at least.

Not talking about anticipating the loss at Stoke, you're not expecting to ever win a game in this division? That's Hyperbole. We have shown we can beat anyone, even in this shitty season we've beaten one of the favourites to be champions in their own backyard. I expect to win 4 out of the 6 games we have against the bottom 6 at least.

He didn't say we couldn't he said we shouldn't expect a win. This is absolutely spot on as we have won far fewer games than losses and draws especially away from home where we have won one and lost five of our last 6 games. Therefore expecting to win a game away from home would be idiotic in my view.

I never said I expeected to never win a game in this division. I said that there's no teams that I expect to beat. We will no doubt win a few more games this season but I won't go in to any of them with an expectation that we will win. Certainly not away to Stoke. In the days of Keegan and Robson I used to expect that we would beat all of the weaker teams home and away and give the better teams a real good game winning some of them. Under Pardew, Carver and McClaren I have no such expectations especially away from home.

You say you expect us to win four of our games against the bottom six but we've only won six games in the past twenty six (and only three of them against teams in the bottom half). There is no justification for your expectations. We've already failed to beat the two teams below us this season as well as Palace, Everton (twice), Swansea & Watford (three times).

Aye I think what DK said was fair enough tbh, we can't be going into games expecting a win over anyone. Of course we can win but we can't expect to because our record shows no consistency whatsoever and our away record is a complete shambles.

Fwiw I think we will lose comfortably, I have no faith in McClaren and the players to win games like this one away. To top it all off our already shit defence is going to be a makeshift one or at the very least have players stumbling back from injury in it. He'll set us up negatively and we'll struggle to get the ball from kick off, he will be unsure of what to do after the first Stoke goal and we wont recover.

I can't work out why people think you're argumentative :razz:

I never said I expeected to never win a game in this division. I said that there's no teams that I expect to beat. We will no doubt win a few more games this season but I won't go in to any of them with an expectation that we will win. Certainly not away to Stoke. In the days of Keegan and Robson I used to expect that we would beat all of the weaker teams home and away and give the better teams a real good game winning some of them. Under Pardew, Carver and McClaren I have no such expectations especially away from home.

You say you expect us to win four of our games against the bottom six but we've only won six games in the past twenty six (and only three of them against teams in the bottom half). There is no justification for your expectations. We've already failed to beat the two teams below us this season as well as Palace, Everton (twice), Swansea & Watford (three times).

Of the 12 teams we're to face, 6 of them are in the bottom 7 (we're the 7th from that group), we're not alone at the bottom of the league; the rest of them are shit too.

I expect to win enough games to stay up. How can I do this without expecting to beat teams?

we will NOT be relegated

Basically. Aye.

Look at how shit the rest of the teams are. We're not cut adrift like Villa. Our form isn't as bad as Norwich, Palace, Villa, sunderland or Stoke. We've an easier run in than most. We've 6 home games left. We're only in the relegation zone on goal difference.

Of the 12 teams we're to face, 6 of them are in the bottom 7 (we're the 7th from that group), we're not alone at the bottom of the league; the rest of them are shit too.

I expect to win enough games to stay up. How can I do this without expecting to beat teams?

Are you just being argumentative for the sake of it now? I've already said I think we can win games. I just don't expect it. I've pointed out good reasons why I never go into any games expecting us to win them. You've provided no good reason why I should. There's a difference between going into games thinking we can win or even thinking we have a good chance of winning, and expecting us to win. We have a good chance of winning home games against Bournemouth, the mackems, Palace and Swansea and winning away to Villa. But we've won about one in four league games this season so expecting to win even four out of those five is laughable to be honest.

Are you just being argumentative for the sake of it now? I've already said I think we can win games. I just don't expect it. I've pointed out good reasons why I never go into any games expecting us to win them. You've provided no good reason why I should. There's a difference between going into games thinking we can win or even thinking we have a good chance of winning, and expecting us to win. We have a good chance of winning home games against Bournemouth, the mackems, Palace and Swansea and winning away to Villa. But we've won about one in four league games this season so expecting to win even four out of those five is laughable to be honest.

:hiya:

This place has been fucking dead lately.

We're seven places and eight points worse off than this time last season.

You'd be a fool not to be genuinely worried about relegation.

fish, fool.

potayto, potahto.

Basically. Aye.

Look at how shit the rest of the teams are. We're not cut adrift like Villa. Our form isn't as bad as Norwich, Palace, Villa, sunderland or Stoke. We've an easier run in than most. We've 6 home games left. We're only in the relegation zone on goal difference.

i honestly don't know how you can be so bold with your prediction. you were right last year in the end but we were very, very lucky to survive. we're playing better football this season but the results have been even worse and most of the players are clearly gutless.

i can't share your optimistic appraisal. i just hope it doesn't go down till the last game again.

We're seven places and eight points worse off than this time last season.

You'd be a fool not to be genuinely worried about relegation.

Braggadocio aside, I'm about 60% confident of survival.

I actually do fancy us to be relegated. We are more than capable of winning the games I mentioned but I just think being that consistent is way beyond this squad.

As long as we can win our home games against the bad teams in the league we'll stay up.

We can benefit from trips to Norwich & Villa as well.

As long as we can win our home games against the bad teams in the league we'll stay up.

We can benefit from trips to Norwich & Villa as well.

We couldn't beat Villa, Everton (who hadn't won in ages) or Sheff Wed reserves at home this season and have lost six in a row to the tramps (who again look like they have more bottle than us) so I can't be confident we'll all those games.

Last 3 away games stand at 10-2

Chelsea 5-1

Everton 3-0

Watford 2-1

There's nothing to indicate the trend will be reversed in fact we're leaking more & more goals.