Steve McClaren sacked as Newcastle United 'Head Coach' (Manager)

Tooj

Weve never appointed a foreign manager under Ashley. Or a young one for that matter. So our pool of managers is old British and out of work. Theres no reason ti suppose that sort of talent pool is going to equal success

Fish, 3+1 = 4.

Champagne is a bit of a swiz, there's been some interesting experiments with it back in the 70's where suggestion of value makes someone enjoy something more.

I'm a Bollinger guy myself, your stuff is a bit tart unless you add some frozen grapes to it.

Thanks Dickie.. I still don't think he needs dismissing and I still think he's better than managers we've had before him, during Ashley's reign of terror. If I was given a choice (bar Houghton / Keegan) I'd pick him over Pardew, Carver or Kinnear anyday.

Fish, 3+1 = 4.

Champagne is a bit of a swiz, there's been some interesting experiments with it back in the 70's where suggestion of value makes someone enjoy something more.

I'm a Bollinger guy myself, your stuff is a bit tart unless you add some frozen grapes to it.

Thanks Dickie.. I still don't think he needs dismissing and I still think he's better than managers we've had before him, during Ashley's reign of terror. If I was given a choice (bar Houghton / Keegan) I'd pick him over Pardew, Carver or Kinnear anyday.

You don't like Krug? You're no friend of mine.

Hall and Shephard made mistakes and I certainly wasn't there biggest fans near the end

But atleast when they did mistakes, they tried to then solve them.

There's no way, McClaren would still be in the job if they were here.

Why we didn't go out a get someone like Moyes when we have had an 18 day gap between games just shows how inept the board is.

How much does McClaren have to spend before it becomes the team he bought rather than the one he inherited?

And keep going with your misspelling of our head coach's name. Doesn't make you seem like an idiot at all.

Well he reckoned it would take 3 transfer windows. Making the assumption we don't get relegated and he doesn't get sacked (think the former is more likely) then he's got one left. Judge him after 10, erm 15, erm 25, I mean 38 games, or something.

Going to keep stoking the fire, but why exactly gpirlo do you blame McLaren given the situation he's inherited?

You're often going on about how shit Pardew and Caver were, or words to that effect. Not that I particularly have a lot of affection for either of those but don't you think a change of manager and the coaching set-up and £80m worth of new signings should see some upturn in terms of results on the pitch? And don't you think that the manager has to take a large degree of responsibility if that's not the case? And, if not, why not?

I agree with you Alex, after 80 mil we should see some upturn, but just because we haven't doesn't necessarily mean mclaren is doing a terrible job. Look at moyes at Man U - he inherited a stagnating squad that was probably just on the way down. He's not a bad manager because of that. Likewise look at keegan when he came back in 2008. It took him a long time to arrest the slide we'd been on under allardyce, although admittedly he had a hard run of games. We have spent a lot in the last two windows but we've also had 7 further years of almost uninterrupted decline as a club overall. The attitude all through the club stinks. Last season under pards and carver was our slide into oblivion, and even Ashley could see that, hence the funds. Nufc should have a miles better manager than mclaren, but I don't think he's necessarily doing the abominable job a lot seem to think he's doing. The fear of who they might get to replace him is also very powerful, and maybe the main reason I'm not convinced it would be better if he went. I've said before that if moyes or someone else with better credentials was lined up and willing then McLaren should go, but it could just as easily be another carver/pards/kinnear lined up

Well, yes Alex, but not within weeks of them being signed. He's getting a team piecemeal and having to work with a shoestring defence and attack in the meantime.

He's had a lot more than a few weeks to work most of the players including some of those signings though

I agree with you Alex, after 80 mil we should see some upturn, but just because we haven't doesn't necessarily mean mclaren is doing a terrible job. Look at moyes at Man U - he inherited a stagnating squad that was probably just on the way down. He's not a bad manager because of that. Likewise look at keegan when he came back in 2008. It took him a long time to arrest the slide we'd been on under allardyce, although admittedly he had a hard run of games. We have spent a lot in the last two windows but we've also had 7 further years of almost uninterrupted decline as a club overall. The attitude all through the club stinks. Last season under pards and carver was our slide into oblivion, and even Ashley could see that, hence the funds. Nufc should have a miles better manager than mclaren, but I don't think he's necessarily doing the abominable job a lot seem to think he's doing. The fear of who they might get to replace him is also very powerful, and maybe the main reason I'm not convinced it would be better if he went. I've said before that if moyes or someone else with better credentials was lined up and willing then McLaren should go, but it could just as easily be another carver/pards/kinnear lined up

Agree with all that, Dickie

From experience with him, Mills says McClaren is a good coach, but a bad man-manager.

Perhaps that is the problem as we do have plenty of talented players who consistently under-perform.

I would imagine McClaren will be overwhelmed by the number of player choices he has come Wednesday but if he gets it right we should beat Stoke.

Somehow I don't think he will but I hope I'm wrong.

From experience with him, Mills says McClaren is a good coach, but a bad man-manager.

Perhaps that is the problem as we do have plenty of talented players who consistently under-perform.

I would imagine McClaren will be overwhelmed by the number of player choices he has come Wednesday but if he gets it right we should beat Stoke.

Somehow I don't think he will but I hope I'm wrong.

We should beat Stoke? I don't understand how you can think we should beeat anyone in the this division given how poor we have been in the last two years.

We should beat Stoke? I don't understand how you can think we should beeat anyone in the this division given how poor we have been in the last two years.

Hyperbole-tastic.

not really, when you look at our form going back to january 2015

We haven't beaten anybody in this league since January 2015?

We certainly haven't shown we should beat anyone. I don't see how anyone can argue with that. We've regularly failed to win against teams from both ends of the table and spent most of the last two years in bottom six or seven and most of this season in the bottom three. It's impossible to get away from the fact that we are one of the poorest teams in the division and the poorest teams shouldn't be expected to beat anyone.