Steve McClaren sacked as Newcastle United 'Head Coach' (Manager)

Tooj

The question is who set the regime of buying only under 26?

I don't think that's the regime. I think that moneymen said " we only want to buy players who we can sell for a big profit, how do we do that?"

Carr will then have told them that the best chance of profit is a player who's not yet at his prime (normally around 28), who plays in an attacking position (or fullback), who contract is nearing an end or has a release clause, who has aspirations of Champions League, but plays for a team outside the dominant 2-3 in "lesser" leagues like Ligue 1, the Bundesliga and the Eredivisie.

:lol:

I can imagine the next pictures to emerge will be Charnley in a Lonsdale cap boarding a flight to Benidorm, "Lee is under a lot of pressure and has decided to take a break, he has went to his favorite place in the world to relax and have some warm lagers by the pool. No word on any decision yet but Lee said he is preparing to make a decision."

:lol: Wearing his Everlast ski jacket.

I can't understand Ashley delegating this btw. Or completely delegating it. It's probably the most important decision in the recent history of the club

I don't think that's the regime. I think that moneymen said " we only want to buy players who we can sell for a big profit, how do we do that?"

Carr will then have told them that the best chance of profit is a player who's not yet at his prime (normally around 28), who plays in an attacking position (or fullback), who contract is nearing an end or has a release clause, who has aspirations of Champions League, but plays for a team outside the dominant 2-3 in "lesser" leagues like Ligue 1, the Bundesliga and the Eredivisie.

Jesus what has the man done for you that he can do no wrong?

Just out of interest has anyone heard anything from Parky. Is he still on Newcastle online?

Has any admin dropped him a line?

Nice to get him a "card" or something if he's not well.

No idea where he's disappeared to, but hope all is well.

You may as well have. He seems beyond criticism. I'm not for one minute layinig all of the blame at his door but he's a big part of the problem.

It's not black and white though.

I think he deserves criticism for not seeing the bigger picture. For example he should have been pushing the club to sign a couple of average/honest/grafting/workmanlike players to balance the team and your flair players will have more license to attack thereby increasing the likelihood that you'll see a profit. I think some of his suggestions have been obvious flops (Cabella/Thauvin chief amongst them). However, I think he's got more right than wrong, certainly when you consider that he's not buying th players just suggesting them.

You may think Sissoko is a gutless cunt and it's hard to argue that you're wrong on that score, but he's definitely got quality, he was bought on the cheap and even now would be sold for >3 times his original value. Ben Arfa would, had Pardew not been a sackful of vomit, have been sold for a big profit too.

Personally, I don't think we should be signing players because of their resale value, but on the whole I think Carr has done his job. He's not without his faults, but I can't blame him as much as you seem to.

Ashley->Charnley->the manager->Carr->coaches->players->media->Adam Johnson--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------> the deluded fans.

I'm of half a mind to say that Carr is as much to blame as the managers but on the whole I'd probably agree with the line of responsibility you have there.

I do think that he plays more of a part in our policy than you admit to and I'm not convinced we've had more hits than misses. Hit's I would go with Cabaye, Ba, Mbemba, Cisse (just about), Debuchy, Janmaat, Remy and Gini. I'm not convinced there's a good case for any of the rest to be called a success.

I'm of half a mind to say that Carr is as much to blame as the managers but on the whole I'd probably agree with the line of responsibility you have there.

I do think that he plays more of a part in our policy than you admit to and I'm not convinced we've had more hits than misses. Hit's I would go with Cabaye, Ba, Mbemba, Cisse (just about), Debuchy, Janmaat, Remy and Gini. I'm not convinced there's a good case for any of the rest to be called a success.

Those you've omitted that I'd include are;

Sissoko - yes I know he's now a gutless arsehole, but a half decent coach would have got more the big man.

Perez - can't believe you've left him out.

Ben Arfa - arguably the most gifted footballer I've seen at St James' since Beardsley and for all his faults, he was a joy to watch and seemed to have a genuine affection for the fans & the club. Just not Alan Pardew.

Tiote - in his pomp was the best DM in the league.

Abeid - I thought he was a decent young player and the kind of bench warmer that improves the squad.

I've said before the biggest issue is retention, not recruitment. Keep Cabaye, and you needn't sign de Jong, keep Ben Arfa and there's no need for Marveaux/Amalfitano Cabella, keep Cabella there's no need for Thauvin. Keep Ba and you don't waste money on Riviere.

Anyone know why McClaren has a driver to take him to and from work every day?

His hair keeps getting in his eyes?

Those you've omitted that I'd include are;

Sissoko - yes I know he's now a gutless arsehole, but a half decent coach would have got more the big man.

Perez - can't believe you've left him out.

Ben Arfa - arguably the most gifted footballer I've seen at St James' since Beardsley and for all his faults, he was a joy to watch and seemed to have a genuine affection for the fans & the club. Just not Alan Pardew.

Tiote - in his pomp was the best DM in the league.

Abeid - I thought he was a decent young player and the kind of bench warmer that improves the squad.

I've said before the biggest issue is retention, not recruitment. Keep Cabaye, and you needn't sign de Jong, keep Ben Arfa and there's no need for Marveaux/Amalfitano Cabella, keep Cabella there's no need for Thauvin. Keep Ba and you don't waste money on Riviere.

I'll agree with Perez and Tiote (in the same way as Cisse) but Sissoko has not been a success. You can blame whatever factors you want but five good games a season (max) is not a success whichever way you look at it.

I was tempted with Ben Arfa but at the end of the day his lack of consistency and the way he left meant that I couldn't justify him as a success.

Abeid is and always will be a very average player. He's not really a failure since we paid next to nothing and sold him for a million or so but don't try and tell me that a player who managed 21 games in all competitions for us in four years was a success.

And yes you could look at retention the way you have but players are always going to move on and we probably would have never been able to sign those players without promising them moves when they wanted anyway.

Edited by David Kelly

I get the feeling Carr was initially better when he was 'just a scout' and now his role is in effect a Director of Football and I'm not convinced he has the credentials for that role. He certainly seems to have Ashley's ear and had a lot to do with bringing in McClaren. Could be other factors at work like but what have Charnley and Carr done in the past to show they can run a club the size of Newcastle?

Luke Edwards:

#nufc are using an intermediary to find a new manager rather than relying on MD Lee Charnley. He is overseeing search rather than conducting

Another indication Charnley is completely clueless it's only his job & he's got someone doing that for him

Luke Edwards:

#nufc are using an intermediary to find a new manager rather than relying on MD Lee Charnley. He is overseeing search rather than conducting

Another indication Charnley is completely clueless it's only his job & he's got someone doing that for him

Was posted in the other thread but aye, it's completely laughable

I'll agree with Perez and Tiote (in the same way as Cisse) but Sissoko has not been a success. You can blame whatever factors you want but five good games a season (max) is not a success whichever way you look at it.

I was tempted with Ben Arfa but at the end of the day his lack of consistency and the way he left meant that I couldn't justify him as a success.

Abeid is and always will be a very average player. He's not really a failure since we paid next to nothing and sold him for a million or so but don't try and tell me that a player who managed 21 games in all competitions for us in four years was a success.

And yes you could look at retention the way you have but players are always going to move on and we probably would have never been able to sign those players without promising them moves when they wanted anyway.

So there's a good few successes in there for Wor Graham, :good:;)

The second para is key for me; I do believe the right manager and the right progression on the pitch could persuade players like Cabaye to stay until the end of the season, or whatever. So, say we've finished 5th, Cabaye wants off to PSG in the January window. Keep him until you've replaced him with Shelvey or Payet or whomever and fine. What you don't do is sell him without a replacement and then, instead of addressing the team's weakness, buy lads for positions that aren't as vital.

I'm sure it's been posted before, but the team Newcastle could have had if we'd kept a hold of the players we've bought... it's ridiculous! And we wouldn't have needed to splash north of £70m in the last couple of windows to try and survive either.