Steve McClaren sacked as Newcastle United 'Head Coach' (Manager)

Tooj

Don't worry Scoobos, there's every chance the club will decide to keep McClaren and belatedly issue a poorly drafted vote of confidence to the press. Thus claiming the moral high ground all the way to the Championship

Edited by Kitman

However, all the potential replacements want to discuss the exact nature of the role with Charnley, as they are concerned about the amount of power they will have. They also want assurances about what will happen if the club are relegated to the Championship in terms of budget and ambition.

The club has not even contemplated relegation up until now so it isn't able to answer questions on a post-relegation scenario. For a business with a turnover of well over £100m it is incredible that they don't have a plan or model for this risk. If we go down then Ashley once again deserves all that he gets.

The club has not even contemplated relegation up until now so it isn't able to answer questions on a post-relegation scenario. For a business with a turnover of well over £100m it is incredible that they don't have a plan or model for this risk. If we go down then Ashley once again deserves all that he gets.

They told the Fans Forum that everything is kept under constant review. This is the equivalent of a ship's senior officers keeping the iceberg situation under constant review after its tore a big hole in the hull.

The phrase peanuts and monkeys springs to mind. This is where Ashleys penny pinching on the executives, manager and players has inevitably led us. When will he learn the manager is the single most important appointment the club makes, rather thanan opportunity to economise?

Exactly, the manager - not the head fucking coach - is by far the most important position at any club. It's incomprehensible how Ashley doesn't seem to realise this.

Mike has left Charnley to make the decision. Oh god. Thats the last thing Charnley wanted. He'll bottle it.

I suspect we'll try and get a decent manger, fail, then McClaren is kept on until the end of the season before being sacked.

Take your time, Lee, no rush

I can kind of understand that it might take a while to get a replacement in, especially with Fat Mike out of the country, but why haven't they at least shown Steve McClaren the fucking door?

£4m a year sounds like a massive amount for any manager. Moyes was given a massive job and he failled at it. I can't believe he's expecting that sort of money. That said, we need a massive shift if we are to attract anyone decent. No one with anything about them is going to come in and be paid half the going rate and be forced to work under the conditions that we have put in place. Anyone can see they aren't working. I'm glad Shearer has come out and slammed Carr now. He was getting all sorts of praise because he 'found' the likes of Cabaye and Ba. But since those days he's made a succession of shit signings and failled to build a team or squad. Nothing will change as long as we keep going this way and the best we can hope for is someone to come in and give us a short term lift to keep us up. But then we'll be back to square one next season. Actually thinking about it relegation might be the best thing for us. Not because it will force Ashley out, but because it might force him to rethink how he runs us.

I can kind of understand that it might take a while to get a replacement in, especially with Fat Mike out of the country, but why haven't they at least shown Steve McClaren the fucking door?

It's the lack of backing which I find baffling. The club is in limbo at the moment, what a fucking joke.

£4m a year sounds like a massive amount for any manager.

It's what you'd pay a good-very good player in the PL. Penny pinching when it comes to the most important role in the team is nonsensical. Though then again answering to a man who earns in a year what you earn in 10 days is also nonsensical.

It's what you'd pay a good-very good player in the PL. Penny pinching when it comes to the most important role in the team is nonsensical. Though then again answering to a man who earns in a year what you earn in 10 days is also nonsensical.

Yeah I agree with that but managers generally don't get the money players get. It's always struck me as a strange situation.

We won't give a man like Rafa control yet Charnley is calling the shots. Beyond insanity. Relegation is too good for them.

It's the only language they understand!

Ba was already a PL player. Cabaye was the only gem he found wasn't he?

I don't think it's necessarily about "finding" a player, it's about him getting a bargain.

Cabaye, Debuchy, Sissoko, Ben Arfa, Janmaat, Tiote, Ba, Cisse, Remy, Mbiwa, Mitrovic, Mbemba, Wijnaldum are all decent players, but Carr was able to source decent players with release clauses, or whose contract is running down so that we could get them on the cheap.

Edited by The Fish

If they're only paying half the going rate & with restrictions I think the likes of Benitez, Moyes etc are just a smoke screen for someone like Beardsley to step in.

If they're only paying half the going rate & with restrictions I think the likes of Benitez, Moyes etc are just a smoke screen for someone like Beardsley to step in.

Nope.

It's hard to judge Carr without knowing just how involved he is in signing the players and deciding where the budget is spent. Generally the scout's role is to identify the signings and for the MD so go out and sign them. Charnley is as ineffective MD as you're likely to get so the blame may well lie with him.

It's hard to judge Carr without knowing just how involved he is in signing the players and deciding where the budget is spent. Generally the scout's role is to identify the signings and for the MD so go out and sign them. Charnley is as ineffective MD as you're likely to get so the blame may well lie with him.

Aye.

Seems mental that Ashley, who'll sack employees for taking too many toilet breaks, won't sack the charlatan responsible for a Premier League relegation.