Steve McClaren sacked as Newcastle United 'Head Coach' (Manager)

Tooj

:lol: Fully expected, he'll be in charge for the loss to Leicester. I wish they would pack in talking about Benitez as well, have they looked at Ashley's track record of managerial appointments? No way in hell would it be Benitez, and that is ignoring the fact that his last two jobs have been Napoli and Real Madrid so why would his next one be to relegation candidates with a complete cunt of an owner?

You can't deny though that Sissoko, a French international, would command a fee far in excess of what we paid for him, by that measure he was a bargain. His attitude I'm sure has a lot to do with the management of the team and the first thing a new manager should do is either put an arm around him or drop him. Something he won't want with the Euros coming up in his home country.

And as for the poor quality we've signed, we don't know how far down the list they were. Riviere obviously wasn't top of the list but he was who we could get. Clearly he should never been on the list but when you are forced to shop in the bargain basement you run a higher risk of signing a flop. Signing a good PL striker for £6m is a near impossible task.

If a players on a list that Carr has produced, he's been recommended by him. I don't care how far down the list he was. He should never have been on a list. Neither should Cabella, Thauvin, Amalfitano, Anit etc. They're clearly either unsuited or not good enough. I don't expect a 100% hit rate but these are such obvious issues you have to wonder what he was looking at when he scouted these players. Clearly his goals aren't set right because he should have been recommending Payet not Thauvin. But I personally believe that he is one of the people setting the parameters he's working to. I really don't believe that Ashley by himself has come up with the policy of only under a certain age and I don't beleive Charnley has a clue one way or the other. For me, it's Carr that has as much sway as anyone when it comes to determining policy.

Even players like Mitrovic who I do believe can be a good player, is a bad signing because we're expecting a young kid coming from playing in the Belgian league to lead our line. We shouldn't be doing that. We're more likely to ruin him as a player than him bang in 15 goals.

The thing with Carr is it's mental he is so talked about, I mean he's pretty much our only scout for first team players isn't he?

Scary to think that a Premier League clubs scouting network consists of a 70 year old bloke getting the ferry over to Holland or Calais then watching a smattering of games and staying in some shite B&B's before he comes home. He was then promoted to whatever the fuck his position is now, I suppose he deserved the promotion a tad bit more than Charnley who could only have been promoted on the back of his diligent work keeping the lint out of the dryer in the kit washing room.

It's just horrible to think, many teams have a bunch of scouts answering to a chief scout who passes his recommendations over, instead we seem to have a bloke nearing retirement telling Lee fucking Charnley what he makes of a bunch of players and that's about it. They don't even seem to bother identifying what the team actually needs.

Ben Arfa has questionable commitment and is a pain in the arse to manage, but get it right and he's undoubtedly quality. If Carr's been asked to find bargains with resale value, Sissoko is definitely that. He cost £2.5m and if he'd had an average season he'd be worth* 10 times that now. I keep going back to it, but we don't know that Carr isn't suggesting the strikers, defenders and replacements we'd been crying out for. It is very likely that he's suggested centre backs from France, Germany or wherever and Charnley has seen they'd cost north of £10m and would only be sold for a profit of a few million if they were a success. If an attacking midfielder succeeds in the Premier League they can go for eye-watering sums, a centreback just isn't likely to do that. Even if he plays well.

Carr has definitely got some things wrong and should be criticised, but I don't believe he's to blame for the policy or the inability of the club to get players "over the line". And I believe he's done the job he's been employed to do, something that can't be said of the others.

You see the bit I disagree with is that he shouldn't be blamed for the policy. His role at the club is not just one of a normal scout. He's head of recruitment and has a place on the board. He has a voice to be heard. On that basis he has to be part of formulating the policy. Yes he will have a budget enforced on him but he will be a large part of the decision making process on how it's spent. The policy we have is flawed on almost every level. You buy young kids with little experience and they don't know how to deal with problems like seasoned pros do. This leads to the team struggling and those players not reaching their potenial and full value. You just buy players who become available at the right price regardless of where they fit into the team and this leads to playing midfielders leftback, having no natural width on one or both wings or playing with two sweepers rather than a sweeper and stopper. This leads to the team struggling and players not reaching their potential and full worth. Even as a money making exersise it doesn't work. And less so as a footballing exercise.

Yes you keep saying that we don't know where on the list of players Carr puts forward but I'll repeat, if they're on the list he's recommending them.

Craig Hope: "I understand NUFC hierarchy are now preparing to speak to Steve McClaren for the first time since the weekend."

Amateurs you can hear Charnley now "Now Steve I think you might know why you are here"

Edited by trooper

The thing with Carr is it's mental he is so talked about, I mean he's pretty much our only scout for first team players isn't he?

Scary to think that a Premier League clubs scouting network consists of a 70 year old bloke getting the ferry over to Holland or Calais then watching a smattering of games and staying in some shite B&B's before he comes home. He was then promoted to whatever the fuck his position is now, I suppose he deserved the promotion a tad bit more than Charnley who could only have been promoted on the back of his diligent work keeping the lint out of the dryer in the kit washing room.

It's just horrible to think, many teams have a bunch of scouts answering to a chief scout who passes his recommendations over, instead we seem to have a bloke nearing retirement telling Lee fucking Charnley what he makes of a bunch of players and that's about it. They don't even seem to bother identifying what the team actually needs.

I think we do have more scouts than it sounds. It's just that Carr is head of recruitment and has more power than your run of the mill scout so he's talked about a lot more.

I think we do have more scouts than it sounds. It's just that Carr is head of recruitment and has more power than your run of the mill scout so he's talked about a lot more.

I'd like to think so but with Ashley I can't put it past him to have cheapened out in the scouting department.

If a players on a list that Carr has produced, he's been recommended by him. I don't care how far down the list he was. He should never have been on a list. Neither should Cabella, Thauvin, Amalfitano, Anit etc. They're clearly either unsuited or not good enough. I don't expect a 100% hit rate but these are such obvious issues you have to wonder what he was looking at when he scouted these players. Clearly his goals aren't set right because he should have been recommending Payet not Thauvin. But I personally believe that he is one of the people setting the parameters he's working to. I really don't believe that Ashley by himself has come up with the policy of only under a certain age and I don't beleive Charnley has a clue one way or the other. For me, it's Carr that has as much sway as anyone when it comes to determining policy.

Even players like Mitrovic who I do believe can be a good player, is a bad signing because we're expecting a young kid coming from playing in the Belgian league to lead our line. We shouldn't be doing that. We're more likely to ruin him as a player than him bang in 15 goals.

The question is who set the regime of buying only under 26?

Steve McClaren’s record as NUFC boss is appalling, and for that reason dismissal seems - and should be - inevitable.

However, the current toxic drift is undignified, indecent and unacceptable.

At the end of the day, McClaren is a decent human being who has a family, and the future of his livelihood is being played out in public.

He knows the club are talking to potential successors, yet they refuse to relieve him of his duties.

It’s the club’s responsibility to sack him, not for him to walk because he surely knows another opportunity this big will not come his way.

Newcastle’s handling of the situation shows an ineptitude and incompetence we have worryingly come to expect from this decision-making process.

For this to have dragged on until Wednesday, and potentially longer, is just farcical.

McClaren is right to be exasperated by it.

McClaren can fuck off tbh. The club are behaving in their normal, totally unprofessional manner but the 'exasperated' Schteve is only hanging around for his big pay-off. I don't blame him but I've got very little sympathy for him either. Going on like this is hell ffs. He'll be walking off with a few million quid for being completely inept

:lol:
I can imagine the next pictures to emerge will be Charnley in a Lonsdale cap boarding a flight to Benidorm, "Lee is under a lot of pressure and has decided to take a break, he has went to his favorite place in the world to relax and have some warm lagers by the pool. No word on any decision yet but Lee said he is preparing to make a decision."

McClaren can fuck off tbh. The club are behaving in their normal, totally unprofessional manner but the 'exasperated' Schteve is only hanging around for his big pay-off. I don't blame him but I've got very little sympathy for him either. Going on like this is hell ffs. He'll be walking off with a few million quid for being completely inept

Aye, I'm more worried about the fact that it's of massive detriment to the team. I'm not bothered about Steve, he's going to get millions and all he has to do is wait about until he gets the sack and if he doesn't he carries on running a Championship level club.

Aye, he might be being made to look daft but the millions will more than make up for it.