Steve McClaren sacked as Newcastle United 'Head Coach' (Manager)

Tooj

Aye.

Seems mental that Ashley, who'll sack employees for taking too many toilet breaks, won't sack the charlatan responsible for a Premier League relegation.

He is dragging us down like.

Reading this thread makes me confused why saying McClaren shouldn't be sacked by us, draws so much vitriol.

More or less than having to tie your laces?

fannying around for a week so mcclaren has to take the next game in charge is lee's masterplan, i reckon. he'll be praying that he somehow spawns a win against leicester, so can get out of having to make a decision a little while longer.

It's hard to judge Carr without knowing just how involved he is in signing the players and deciding where the budget is spent. Generally the scout's role is to identify the signings and for the MD so go out and sign them. Charnley is as ineffective MD as you're likely to get so the blame may well lie with him.

Blame lies with both of them. Wherever they were on his list, the likes of Riviere, Anita, Abied, Amalfitano, Marvaux, Cabella, Thauvin etc were on there. None of those players should have ever been considered. I don't care how much they cost. And I don't buy that he's managed to get us loads of great deals. Cabaye and Ba yes but none of the others. We've paid the going rate or more for all of them.

With a new manager a point at Leicester isn't out of the question. They're under a lot of pressure despite what they might want those outside the club to believe and the last couple of home games they've drawn with WBA and sneaked a win against Norwich. With McClaren it's another write-off

Blame lies with both of them. Wherever they were on his list, the likes of Riviere, Anita, Abied, Amalfitano, Marvaux, Cabella, Thauvin etc were on there. None of those players should have ever been considered. I don't care how much they cost. And I don't buy that he's managed to get us loads of great deals. Cabaye and Ba yes but none of the others. We've paid the going rate or more for all of them.

Wijnaldum looks a real player if he can do it away from home and was nearly half the price of Memphis Depay. Mitrovic is no write off, Mbemba was a bargain, likewise Perez, Janmaat, Sissoko and Debuchy. Cisse looked incredible value for money when he first came.

To say that he has had two decent signings is doing him a disservice.

Wijnaldum looks a real player if he can do it away from home and was nearly half the price of Memphis Depay. Mitrovic is no write off, Mbemba was a bargain, likewise Perez, Janmaat, Sissoko and Debuchy. Cisse looked incredible value for money when he first came.

To say that he has had two decent signings is doing him a disservice.

To say Sissoko is anything other than shit and a massive cunt is bigging that sack of spunk up far too much.

I'll give you Perez but calling the rest (decent players they me be) bargains is ridiculous imo. And they're all internationals so it's hardly picking up unknowns is it. Janmaat and Debuchy had just played in major tournaments, Gini was player of the year in Holland. But the point remains we've not built a team or squad. That is job and he's 100% failed at it.

To say Sissoko is anything other than shit and a massive cunt is bigging that sack of spunk up far too much.

I'll give you Perez but calling the rest (decent players they me be) bargains is ridiculous imo. And they're all internationals so it's hardly picking up unknowns is it. Janmaat and Debuchy had just played in major tournaments, Gini was player of the year in Holland. But the point remains we've not built a team or squad. That is job and he's 100% failed at it.

For £2.5m Sissoko was a bargain and has greatly appreciated in value. Mbemba has arguably been our player of the year and he was under £7m. Debuchy came for £5.5m and went for £12m so I'd say we got a bargain. Gini may have been player of the year but we undervalued.

I disagree that it is the scout's job to build the team. We don't know that he hasn't identified any decent strikers or defenders, what we know is that we haven't signed them and it isn't clear that that failure is down to him.

Hang on, no one is saying they were unknowns, but they were good deals. How much are you paying for an international full back these days? Janmaat & Debuchy were both bought for around £5m!

Also I'd lay a good measure of blame for the lack of performances (away from home especially) at the feet of the coaches and management as much as the gutless Sissoko. He's clearly a good player, it's his commitment that's an issue.

Also what ewerk said.

Edited by The Fish

For £2.5m Sissoko was a bargain and has greatly appreciated in value. Mbemba has arguably been our player of the year and he was under £7m. Debuchy came for £5.5m and went for £12m so I'd say we got a bargain. Gini may have been player of the year but we undervalued.

I disagree that it is the scout's job to build the team. We don't know that he hasn't identified any decent strikers or defenders, what we know is that we haven't signed them and it isn't clear that that failure is down to him.

I wouldn't pay £2.50 for Sissoko. I think his attitude is a cancer throughout the team so I'm never going to conceed that he's a good signing or a bargin.

Mbemba has played well but I don't see him coming in at that much as a bargin. Gini is market value for me.

I also don't think it's a scouts job to build a team. But I think that's the job that Carr is supposed to be doing. And yes he may have identified Aubamayang and Lacazette but he also identified Riviere. You can't praise him for picking our players we didn't sign and absolve him of the shite we have.

Of course Charnley has to conclude deals and we all know he's fucking hopeless but Carr doesn't get a free pass from me. He might be a good scout and if that was his only role then fine. But it's clear that within our set up it's not.

There's pictures on NO of him turning up for training this morning it really is pathetic. He's turning up for training, the media are full of whose going to be taking over & still no official word from the club no wonder we're a laughing stock

Edited by trooper

Hang on, no one is saying they were unknowns, but they were good deals. How much are you paying for an international full back these days? Janmaat & Debuchy were both bought for around £5m!

Also I'd lay a good measure of blame for the lack of performances (away from home especially) at the feet of the coaches and management as much as the gutless Sissoko. He's clearly a good player, it's his commitment that's an issue.

Also what ewerk said.

His complete lack of commitment prevents him from being a good player.

Of course the coaches deserve blame, I'd never deny that. But Carr and Charnley are part of the whole package. For us ever to move forward Charnley, Carr, McClaren, Beardsley, Watson, Colo, Sissoko all need to be shipped out as soon as posible. Obviously I hate Ashley too but I do think he could change his approach without having to invest his own cash, and move us forward. But while those incompetent or gutless people are still involved with the club in their current roles it will never work.

I also want to point out that I have no expectation of Ashley changing just that it is possible.

I wouldn't pay £2.50 for Sissoko. I think his attitude is a cancer throughout the team so I'm never going to conceed that he's a good signing or a bargin.

Mbemba has played well but I don't see him coming in at that much as a bargin. Gini is market value for me.

I also don't think it's a scouts job to build a team. But I think that's the job that Carr is supposed to be doing. And yes he may have identified Aubamayang and Lacazette but he also identified Riviere. You can't praise him for picking our players we didn't sign and absolve him of the shite we have.

Of course Charnley has to conclude deals and we all know he's fucking hopeless but Carr doesn't get a free pass from me. He might be a good scout and if that was his only role then fine. But it's clear that within our set up it's not.

You can't deny though that Sissoko, a French international, would command a fee far in excess of what we paid for him, by that measure he was a bargain. His attitude I'm sure has a lot to do with the management of the team and the first thing a new manager should do is either put an arm around him or drop him. Something he won't want with the Euros coming up in his home country.

And as for the poor quality we've signed, we don't know how far down the list they were. Riviere obviously wasn't top of the list but he was who we could get. Clearly he should never been on the list but when you are forced to shop in the bargain basement you run a higher risk of signing a flop. Signing a good PL striker for £6m is a near impossible task.

I'm beginning to feel sorry for him. The club are massively taking the piss now. He should have been sacked Saturday night, not left to stew while we obviously whore ourselves around the international bargain bin of management discards...

His complete lack of commitment prevents him from being a good player.

Of course the coaches deserve blame, I'd never deny that. But Carr and Charnley are part of the whole package. For us ever to move forward Charnley, Carr, McClaren, Beardsley, Watson, Colo, Sissoko all need to be shipped out as soon as posible. Obviously I hate Ashley too but I do think he could change his approach without having to invest his own cash, and move us forward. But while those incompetent or gutless people are still involved with the club in their current roles it will never work.

I also want to point out that I have no expectation of Ashley changing just that it is possible.

Ben Arfa has questionable commitment and is a pain in the arse to manage, but get it right and he's undoubtedly quality. If Carr's been asked to find bargains with resale value, Sissoko is definitely that. He cost £2.5m and if he'd had an average season he'd be worth* 10 times that now. I keep going back to it, but we don't know that Carr isn't suggesting the strikers, defenders and replacements we'd been crying out for. It is very likely that he's suggested centre backs from France, Germany or wherever and Charnley has seen they'd cost north of £10m and would only be sold for a profit of a few million if they were a success. If an attacking midfielder succeeds in the Premier League they can go for eye-watering sums, a centreback just isn't likely to do that. Even if he plays well.

Carr has definitely got some things wrong and should be criticised, but I don't believe he's to blame for the policy or the inability of the club to get players "over the line". And I believe he's done the job he's been employed to do, something that can't be said of the others.

I'm beginning to feel sorry for him. The club are massively taking the piss now. He should have been sacked Saturday night, not left to stew while we obviously whore ourselves around the international bargain bin of management discards...

He's getting paid a lot of money to do a shitty job. And because he's done such a wonderfully shitty job he's going to get a wad of cash and a big chunk of time off. Don't feel sorry for him.