Fuck me!!!

Ketsbaia

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...icle1575085.ece

MICHAEL OWEN was last night offered £21million to stay at Newcastle.

Owner Mike Ashley has handed the England striker the biggest deal in Toon history — a three-year contract worth a whopping £140,000 a week.

It would make Owen not only one of the Premier League’s highest-paid stars but also one the world’s richest.

The ex-Liverpool and Real Madrid ace, 28, whose current £100,000-a-week deal expires in the summer, could leave on a free unless Newcastle tie him down now.

A Toon insider said: “It’s the best contract the club has ever offered and shows the owner is prepared to spend big when it comes to keeping the best players.

“It’s also a massive vote of confidence in Kevin Keegan, who has always wanted Owen to stay.”

The offer comes after Newcastle battled to a gutsy 1-1 draw against Manchester Untied at Old Trafford on Sunday.

Ashley is also set to offer James Milner a new deal — after rejecting Aston Villa’s latest bid of £8m.

If it's true and Ashley is willing to pay it then I suppose it's a good thing B)

£140k a week though!?

Bollocks imo. Thought they were looking to put him on a structured wage? Id happily have him on that wage if to earn it he had to bag 30+ goals and us win the FA Cup.

B)

Total rubbish.

He'd be worth that if he was fit for every match and scored at least a goal in every other match.

If he was available for free though, I think we'd see all sorts come in for him, so best that we sort something out quick smart.

Guest Stevie

Load of bollocks, Berbatov will go to Man Utd on much less than that.

I like these fansfc articles on newsnow at the moment, basically every single one is a Spurs fan trying to belittle the toon. Today's one is "we shouldn't want Michael Owen, because he's too injury prone". Why can't they get it in their heads that there's more chance of the Chief Rabai of Tel Aviv playing up front for Spurs than Michael Owen. Newcastle are a bigger club than Spurs, surely Owen sees it that way, his horses are in the north, and why would he want to move to London?

Stories like this really do suggest that the press haven't got a clue what's going on anymore. One week we're skint, putting a cap on wages and wanting Owen to take a £30k wage cut. Now we're offering him the same amount the other way. I notice the story makes no mention of of their previous stories the other way either.

I suspect they may have got wind he's going to sign a new contract and have just come up with some bullshit around that. If there is any truth in this what so ever £140k will be based on all sorts of add ons based on games played, goals scored and achievements of the team. Probably something to do with marketing as well. No way will his basic be anything like that. Mind you whatever it ends up at will no doubt be obscene anyway.

performance related pay is the answer, of sorts. But they need the agreement of the PFA.

Do they? Hasn't Robbie fowler just be signed by Blackburn on a pay as you play contract?

Edited by sammynb

Guest Stevie
performance related pay is the answer, of sorts. But they need the agreement of the PFA.

A basic of 50k would be acceptable, with 150k for a league goal, 50k Cup goal, if he got 20 league goals that's 3m, with 7 cup goals 350k. 3.4m basically on top of his basic 2.6m pay - 6m a season seems fair for good performance, if not the poor blighter will only have 2.6m.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...icle1575085.ece

MICHAEL OWEN was last night offered £21million to stay at Newcastle.

Owner Mike Ashley has handed the England striker the biggest deal in Toon history — a three-year contract worth a whopping £140,000 a week.

It would make Owen not only one of the Premier League’s highest-paid stars but also one the world’s richest.

The ex-Liverpool and Real Madrid ace, 28, whose current £100,000-a-week deal expires in the summer, could leave on a free unless Newcastle tie him down now.

A Toon insider said: “It’s the best contract the club has ever offered and shows the owner is prepared to spend big when it comes to keeping the best players.

“It’s also a massive vote of confidence in Kevin Keegan, who has always wanted Owen to stay.”

The offer comes after Newcastle battled to a gutsy 1-1 draw against Manchester Untied at Old Trafford on Sunday.

Ashley is also set to offer James Milner a new deal — after rejecting Aston Villa’s latest bid of £8m.

If it's true and Ashley is willing to pay it then I suppose it's a good thing B)

£140k a week though!?

It's just to stop him leaving on a free.

Load of shite tbh. He'll be offered, and will accept, about 90k I reckon.

I'm not so sure... If he waits 4 months he can negotiate himself mega money and a signing on fee!

I seriously doubt there would be a queue of clubs willing to pay him more than 90k p/w.

Do they? Hasn't Robbie fowler just be signed by Blackburn on a pay as you play contract?

I meant voluntarily ie the PFA would have to put it to the membership to adopt en-masse. Unlikely though.

I meant voluntarily ie the PFA would have to put it to the membership to adopt en-masse. Unlikely though.

The PFA do act in the interests of the players tbf so why would they or their members go for it? The clubs would have to take a lead.