Mike Ashley

Jusoda Kid

Im not impressed by it. My point is more that I couldnt give a fuck about it. I dont see the big deal here :)

I mean, fair enough, you wouldnt see many other owners doing that, but then, maybe the camera wouldnt have looked at him if he was supping a glass of chablis. The camera is prob on him the whole game waiting for him to do something that they can pick up on.

Fair enough fella.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's great the way the press have a pop at Ashley for mingling with the fans etc. I seem to recall the same press thinking it was great when Mathew Harding was doing the same with Chelsea a few years ago. Yes, Harding never owned Chelsea outright but the actions are pretty much the same iyam.

Looking at the clip, I get the impression Ashley was finishing his pint as quick as possible after realising he shouldn't have had it where he was (or having it pointed out to him) - nowt worth reporting tbh.

Edited by snakehips

Looking at the clip, I get the impression Ashley was finishing his pint as quick as possible after realising he shouldn't have had it where he was (or having it pointed out to him) - nowt worth reporting tbh.

Nowt is an anagram of 'NOTW' an abbreviation for 'News Of The World'

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/200...15875-20719565/

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley may face licensing law rap after downing pint

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley could face a police rap after breaking licensing laws to drown his sorrows.

Millionaire Ashley, sat in his Newcastle shirt among the travelling Toon Army fans, was caught downing a pint during Setanta's live coverage of United's defeat at Arsenal.

But Ashley should not have been drinking alcohol within view of the pitch, which falls into line with licensing laws at Premier League grounds.

Ashley, whose shirt had King Kev 1 printed on the back, appeared to down his drink from his pint glass and then leave his seat five minutes before the end with Newcastle already losing.

Alcohol is on sale at Arsenal and other grounds but fans are not allowed to take drinks back to their seats.

Newcastle issued a statement which said: "Mike was offered a drink which he thought was non-alcoholic so he took it in good faith."

Arsenal confirmed they do not sell non-alcoholic beer in the stadium.

:)

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley could face a police rap after breaking licensing laws to drown his sorrows.

Millionaire Ashley, sat in his Newcastle shirt among the travelling Toon Army fans, was caught downing a pint during Setanta's live coverage of United's defeat at Arsenal.

But Ashley should not have been drinking alcohol within view of the pitch, which falls into line with licensing laws at Premier League grounds.

Ashley, whose shirt had King Kev 1 printed on the back, appeared to down his drink from his pint glass and then leave his seat five minutes before the end with Newcastle already losing.

Alcohol is on sale at Arsenal and other grounds but fans are not allowed to take drinks back to their seats.

Newcastle issued a statement which said: "Mike was offered a drink which he thought was non-alcoholic so he took it in good faith."

I Denmark we fling beer at each other, when goals are scored, so this really is completly out of proportions for me

I Denmark we fling beer at each other, when goals are scored, so this really is completly out of proportions for me

In all honesty some of the UK footballing regulations and laws you'd have mass London marches against in most other contexts. Daftconian or something I guess.

To be honest had a normal fan been caught on camera literally nothing would have come of it.

The opinion of most premier league fans would have been joyous and there wouldn't have been as much criticism. It would have probably been received with decent banter.

If I recall correctly Stevie had a bottle of magners in the new singing section.

If it was a normal fan, a steward would have asked the drink be taken back inside. That would have been it. someones probably told mike he shouldnt have it and so he necked it.

I hope he is pissed up today and in a "you are my bestest mate ever" mood with Keegan when he is pressing him to push the boat out.

If Keegan was clever he'll have suggested said London meeting was somewhere with a decent bar. :)

You can at cricket and rugby.

more civilised sports and fans

That's a popular misconception.

Rugby lads are the biggest bunch of arseholes you likely to come across. :)

You can at cricket and rugby.

more civilised sports and fans

That's a popular misconception.

Rugby lads are the biggest bunch of arseholes you likely to come across. :)

More civilised fans while in attendance at matches though in general. The notion Rugby is more civilised as a sport is ridiculous though.

What the hell is wrong with people?

Taklshite this morning were saying he has broke the law by taking alcohol on the terrace. If thats so, is it purley Ashleys fault or do Arsenal have to take some blame?

When I heard that fuck twat talking about this I turned it off.

What the hell is wrong with people?

Taklshite this morning were saying he has broke the law by taking alcohol on the terrace. If thats so, is it purley Ashleys fault or do Arsenal have to take some blame?

When I heard that fuck twat talking about this I turned it off.

He did break the law. If anyone thinks it's anywhere near a big deal they want to have a quiet word with themselves though.

Btw, when I saw it happen I thought it was canny funny and then I immediately thought that something would be made of it.

I thought it was bloody hilarious

The best bit is the shaking of the head at along with the expression on his face that said - "lets get a kebab"

What about Delia Smith she clearly had a few that famous night