The Offficial Transfer Deadline Day thread

Tom

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hope this int true. but yeah if he does wana go then we cant stop him...or can we...spurs and madrid are doing it and man u did with ronaldo. owen said he wants to stay with us anyway

hope this int true. but yeah if he does wana go then we cant stop him...or can we...spurs and madrid are doing it and man u did with ronaldo. owen said he wants to stay with us anyway

Supposing it's true, Owen only has this season left on his contract so it makes it a bit different.

Be very surprised if Owen leaves like. Just a sensational bit of gossip to help sell papers tbh.

Really can't see a deal being done in less than a day with the probable complexities in his contract.

Xisco could be a decent signing like, not sure about nacho though. Would of much prefered to get skjelbred in...young, promising and 6mil ha'way man!

Seen a lot of these players then, have you?

Seen Xisco a few times, looks strong and skillfull for a big lad...not seen anything but youtube vids for nacho and im a wee bit hesitant about it, i know on loan is a good idea but im just saying id rather have skjelbred in. Really talented youngster. Natural replacement for milner too.

Xisco could be a decent signing like, not sure about nacho though. Would of much prefered to get skjelbred in...young, promising and 6mil ha'way man!

Seen a lot of these players then, have you?

Seen Xisco a few times, looks strong and skillfull for a big lad...not seen anything but youtube vids for nacho and im a wee bit hesitant about it, i know on loan is a good idea but im just saying id rather have skjelbred in. Really talented youngster. Natural replacement for milner too.

What's your best achievement on Champ Man mate..... no reason

:)

X-I-S-C-O

He is X-I-S-C-O

He's X - Exceptional

He's I - Incredible

He's S - Super Super

He's C - Capable

He's O - oh oah

:)

You stupid cunt

Ive just chocked on a grape and nearly thrown up on my keyboard. Everyone at work was thinking I was having an epileptic fit :)

NEWCASTLE United were hoping to tie up a £5m-plus deal for Deportivo La Coruna striker Francisco Jimenez Tejada before the transfer window slams shut at midnight tonight.

The word from Spain today was that the 26-year-old player, dubbed Xisco, has already agreed to join his former Deportivo colleague Fabricio Coloccini at St James’s Park.

And fellow La Liga outfit Valencia were saying today that they have allowed their midfielder Ignacio Gonzalez to join United on a season’s loan.

The Majorca-born Xisco is a Spanish Under-21 international with four caps and one goal.

He is the youngest player ever to score a goal in a First Division match in Spain. Aston Villa have had a long, hard look at him, but his agent confirmed to the Spanish Press today that he was in talks with United and that he was happy to come to Tyneside after talking to Coloccini.

Deportivo are saying that they will receive an initial payment of 7m for Xisco, with another three up for grabs based on appearances.

United have already agreed to play in La Coruna next pre-season as part of the Coloccini deal.

Meanwhile, reports in Spain were saying today that Gonzalez has already passed a medical at St James’s Park, with the paperwork being expected to be completed before tonight’s deadline.

However, if the deal does go through, Gonzalez will not link up with his new United colleagues until he returns from international duty.

For the midfielder is with Uruguay for the World Cup qualifiers against Colombia and Ecuador in the next 10 days.

Speaking after Valencia’s game with Real Mallorca on Saturday, vice-president Fernando Gomez said: “We have many players who, like Gonzalez, can play in midfield and this is an excellent solution from both sides.”

United chief scout Lil Fuccillo took in Norwich City’s game with Birmingham City at Carrow Road on Saturday.

And it is thought the United delegation were watching Birmingham forward James McFadden, who could be considered a suitable replacement for James Milner.

But Birmingham tell me that while they have had a £10m bid for their Scottish international, who can play up front or out wide, it was not from United.