Kevin Keegan Resigns as manager

Scottish Mag

Just an everyday workplace argument that Skysports have whipped up into a firestorm.

I was with Tom from the start. Never even concerned.

Had to laugh when the BBC said this morning "Yesterday we were told that Keegan had been sacked, but later on a club statement saw the club perform a U-turn when they stated categorically that he had not".

Well who the fuck told you he had in the first place because it wasn't the club.

Twats.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blame it all on the media and let's get on with it.

An official club statement would be enough, endorsed by Keegan expressing and their dismay at the constant barrage of negative media attention aimed at the club and it's staff.

Sugarcoat it as the club doing nothing but tweaking the management structure internally but leading to the most egregious case of wild and unsubstantiated claim and counter claim coming from uninformed parties.

It's the latest in a long list and has caused a lot of fans a not insignificant amount of undue concern which should be laid squarely at the door of Rupert Murdoch and Biffa from .com.

:lol:

I honestly don't see a way back from this.

I can. I said it when he came back but Ashley made a personal mistake in picking Keegan as he's one of the few people he couldn't sack from the job and this has put Keegan in a very strong position to demand that things be done his way. Ashley may as well sell the club tomorrow if Keegan does go and puts the blame at the owner's feet.

KK is finished - you can't do this to ANY employer and get away with it

If he comes back everyone will be waiting for him to flounce again = permanent disruption

Bollocks, in many businesses there are internal struggles, however, in this case it's the support of the fans needed rather than shareholders and I think it's fairly clear who has that support.

If he does come back then who will be waiting on him to flounce? The media? They're already constantly saying how we're a mess. As someone else pointed out earlier, this is a clear sign to the players that the manager is willing to stand up for them no matter what he is being told by those above him and that's something they will appreciate.

The negativity and smug titterting coming from the press about this has probably fucked me off more than anything to be honest. The problem is, who'd want to come in here as manager when it appears there's a poisened dwarf sitting in London pulling the strings?

The negativity and smug titterting coming from the press about this has probably fucked me off more than anything to be honest. The problem is, who'd want to come in here as manager when it appears there's a poisened dwarf sitting in London pulling the strings?

_44201179_guspoyet203.jpg

?

Show of hands

Who thinks KK has gone? Despote the statements which dont say a great deal or anything.

*shows hands*

Not sure he has now. Still don't think this will be resolved in the long run though. It's a complete fucking mess. Also, if the results aren't great (because let's face it, the squad isn't anything special) and we have a bad run the media will heap pressure upon KK regardless of the backing of the fans. Any little thing now will be blown up into a massive dispute etc. It doesn't look good either way.

You'd have to be mad or desperate with nothing to lose to take the job (or genuninely love the club, but I reckon we've been though the only two viable candidates in that category).

You'd have to be mad or desperate with nothing to lose to take the job (or genuninely love the club, but I reckon we've been though the only two viable candidates in that category).

That's the worst thing for me. KK is the best bloke we could expect to get at present, especially in relation to him being the right man for the job at SJP.

A lot of people seem to be drawing a line in the sand, Ashley, Llambias and Wise on one side, Keegan on the other. I'm not entirely sure we can make such assumptions.

It could very well be a dispute between Llambias and Keegan, with Wise and Ashley not directly involved. We really have no idea, so to say either Keegan or Ashley has to go is jumping the gun a little.

I can't really see us having clarification until the weekend to be honest, but this is helping the media and nobody else.

That's the worst thing for me. KK is the best bloke we could expect to get at present, especially in relation to him being the right man for the job at SJP.

Aye, he'd be up there anyway in many respects, but as things stand it's either him or............ :lol:

A lot of people seem to be drawing a line in the sand, Ashley, Llambias and Wise on one side, Keegan on the other. I'm not entirely sure we can make such assumptions.

It could very well be a dispute between Llambias and Keegan, with Wise and Ashley not directly involved. We really have no idea, so to say either Keegan or Ashley has to go is jumping the gun a little.

I can't really see us having clarification until the weekend to be honest, but this is helping the media and nobody else.

Spot on mate, I'd even venture to argue this has little to do with Wise, he's a footballing person (a horrible little shit as well like) and he will know from his time at Leeds that you can't not give the manager full control over signings - at worst I think communications may have buggered up between the two. I think Llambias has took exception to Keegan having a rant and being the owners mate has told Keegers to "fuck off". Then Keegan has took it serioulsy and gone now Ashley has to get involved to retrieve the situation.

The proble I see is for Keegan to remain Llambias will have to go - not somthing I think Ashley will want to do.

It's time to separate the men from the boys.

Some swallowing of pride on all sides for one. Seige mentality against the media, Mort back and stick it to the rest of the fucking country.

This club is special and nobody out of Keegan, Ashley or us stands to gain from it imploding. The only winners would be the mackems and the media.

That outcome ought to be enough for people to sort it out.

Show of hands

Who thinks KK has gone? Despote the statements which dont say a great deal or anything.

*shows hands*

Not sure he has now. Still don't think this will be resolved in the long run though. It's a complete fucking mess. Also, if the results aren't great (because let's face it, the squad isn't anything special) and we have a bad run the media will heap pressure upon KK regardless of the backing of the fans. Any little thing now will be blown up into a massive dispute etc. It doesn't look good either way.

I still think he is gone, but I think if he stays there will be big chnages to prevent a reoccurence. I wouldnt think for a second Ashley or Keegan would let this happen again.

Having typed that I realise the chanes of Keegan staying are even less than I thought

Show of hands

*shows hands*

I still think he is gone, but I think if he stays there will be big chnages to prevent a reoccurence. I wouldnt think for a second Ashley or Keegan would let this happen again.

Having typed that I realise the chanes of Keegan staying are even less than I thought

i dont think keegan will stay, he obviously doesnt like the way things are being done and you cant ever say to your boss change it or im going.ashley will have to go if keegan stays

Show of hands

*shows hands*

If the problems are around the structure of the club there is no chance of Keegan staying, simply because they were put in place for continuitity from one manager to the next. If it's down to who has final say there could be some movement.

It's time to separate the men from the boys.

Some swallowing of pride on all sides for one. Seige mentality against the media, Mort back and stick it to the rest of the fucking country.

This club is special and nobody out of Keegan, Ashley or us stands to gain from it imploding. The only winners would be the mackems and the media.

That outcome ought to be enough for people to sort it out.

Some of the "fan comments" in the papers have been amazing. Little more than message board gloating comments yet they make it into print. :lol:

As an act of good will I'd even be prepared to get rid of my avatar if it would help.

:lol:

I think that would go a long way to resolving their differences.

If it all comes together, all hell will be unleashed on Hull.