Kevin Keegan Resigns as manager

Scottish Mag

Sit back and take stock for one moment...

We're all vehemently behind KK after what events have occurred in the last 36 hours. Yet it's sound more and more likely that one of the key reasons that Keegan's top finally blew was due to the sale of Milner - something the majority of us were lapping up!!!

I appreciate it's the context and manner in which he was sold rather than the sale itself that has pissed Keegan off, but the press will take the above as us being contrary and will be loving it!

Ooooooo get you dictionary mouth!

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're all vehemently behind KK after what events have occurred in the last 36 hours. Yet it's sound more and more likely that one of the key reasons that Keegan's top finally blew was due to the sale of Milner - something the majority of us were lapping up!!!

I appreciate it's the context and manner in which he was sold rather than the sale itself that has pissed Keegan off, but the press will take the above as us being contrary and will be loving it!

Howay man Craig, whatever has happened in the last 2-3 days is just the straw that broke camel's back.

Oh I quite agree.... I'm just trying to see the angle that the sleezy fucking media are hitting it and I doubt I'm far off with that one.

It's not contrary at all, we don't have to agree with all of Keegan's decisions but we do agree that it should be him who takes those decisions and not the chairman or some jumped up scout.

Missing my point but never mind... :lol:

The press will see it as contrary because they'll grab whatever they can to knock us down - they always do.

Keegans manager. He should be the only one who decides who we bring in, who stays and who goes.

Aye

But, is football changing?

Look at Man Citeh, Chelsea, West Ham. The manager doesnt have a great deal of say in the players ins and outs. Well, maybe things will change at Chelsea now.

i dont think keegan would mind if we went and did what it looks like man city are going to try and do and go out and buy players like robinho, torres, ronaldo, etc.

Howay man Craig, whatever has happened in the last 2-3 days is just the straw that broke camel's back.

Got to be.

There's absolutely no chance this will even be resolved today, is there?

Thank fuck it's happened on an international week so they've had time to talk it out rather than make rash decisions because we had a game coming up.

Thank fuck it's happened on an international week so they've had time to talk it out rather than make rash decisions because we had a game coming up.

It's clearly not a coincidence is it? IMO one or other parties picked a time.

Keegan left once the transfer window had closed. It's as simple as that for me.

Keegan left once the transfer window had closed. It's as simple as that for me.

Of course it could be as simple as that. :lol:

One thing the majority of fans have been happy about is the quality of the players coming in thanks to the new set up, without that in place I think Keegan would be more inclined to go for the average Premiership performers like Sunderland and Villa have gone for, we just wouldn't have got as many of them as both clubs look to have been working to a bigger budget than us.

People are happy with the manager, happy with the players coming in and happy with the improvements the club are trying to make to the academy, Ashley just needs to get them together and make sure they're all pulling in the right direction.

Keegan needs to stop storming off in a huff too, makes us a laughing stock and brings a lot of unwanted attention to the club.

Let's not forget that Milner put in a transfer request.

One thing the majority of fans have been happy about is the quality of the players coming in thanks to the new set up, without that in place I think Keegan would be more inclined to go for the average Premiership performers like Sunderland and Villa have gone for, we just wouldn't have got as many of them as both clubs look to have been working to a bigger budget than us.

People are happy with the manager, happy with the players coming in and happy with the improvements the club are trying to make to the academy, Ashley just needs to get them together and make sure they're all pulling in the right direction.

Keegan needs to stop storming off in a huff too, makes us a laughing stock and brings a lot of unwanted attention to the club.

I agree but feel a joint approach would work - I don't mind in principle Jiminez or whoever "handing over" good players to Keegan but think it should work the other way around where he says "Please can you go and get me Stephen Warnock" and that request should be taken seriously.

I also think this is more about the attempted sales than the failed purchases.

I would also add that I think Guthrie was down to Keegan - possibly in the way I described.

Edited by NJS

Right, you know I'm not one to post "he said she said" rumours, but my Dad has just got back from the village shop and said that Super Mac was outside the Melton Constable in Seaton Sluice, chatting to the landlord about the situation. According to Malcolm the rift is between Keegan and Wise, not Ashley, Wise has been having "secret" meetings wise Ashley behind Keegan's back, trying to cut Keegan out of the transfer process. Wise is for the chop.

Now before you all start, I'm recounting something my dad has told me, so it's unlikely to be something he'd make up (for a start he doesn't know enough about football to use phrases like transfer window and Director of Football) and yes it's Malcolm Macdonald who's a grade A prick.

I'm not staking my life on the veracity of MacDonald's insight, just passing on a titbit.

Right, you know I'm not one to post "he said she said" rumours, but my Dad has just got back from the village shop and said that Super Mac was outside the Melton Constable in Seaton Sluice, chatting to the landlord and anyone who'd listen, about the situation. According to Malcolm the rift is between Keegan and Wise, not Ashley, Wise has been having "secret" meetings wise Ashley behind Keegan's back, trying to cut Keegan out of the transfer process. Wise is for the chop.

Now before you all start, I'm recounting something my dad has told me, so it's unlikely to be something he'd make up (for a start he doesn't know enough about football to use phrases like transfer window and Director of Football) and yes it's Malcolm Macdonald who's a grade A prick.

I'm not staking my life on the veracity of MacDonald's insight, just passing on a titbit.

Right, you know I'm not one to post "he said she said" rumours, but my Dad has just got back from the village shop and said that Super Mac was outside the Melton Constable in Seaton Sluice, chatting to the landlord about the situation. According to Malcolm the rift is between Keegan and Wise, not Ashley, Wise has been having "secret" meetings wise Ashley behind Keegan's back, trying to cut Keegan out of the transfer process. Wise is for the chop.

:lol:

"The selection of players is critical to the job of the manager and I had an agreement with the club that I alone would determine the composition of the squad. However, the club continued to make significant player decisions without involving me. In the end such a breach of trust and confidence meant that I had no option but to leave. Nevertheless, I wish the club and the players every success in the future.”

Alan Curbishley

I'd wager that Keegan's statement to the fans would be practically word for word.

Right, you know I'm not one to post "he said she said" rumours, but my Dad has just got back from the village shop and said that Super Mac was outside the Melton Constable in Seaton Sluice, chatting to the landlord and anyone who'd listen, about the situation. According to Malcolm the rift is between Keegan and Wise, not Ashley, Wise has been having "secret" meetings wise Ashley behind Keegan's back, trying to cut Keegan out of the transfer process. Wise is for the chop.

:lol:

"The selection of players is critical to the job of the manager and I had an agreement with the club that I alone would determine the composition of the squad. However, the club continued to make significant player decisions without involving me. In the end such a breach of trust and confidence meant that I had no option but to leave. Nevertheless, I wish the club and the players every success in the future.”

Alan Curbishley

I'd wager that Keegan's statement to the fans would be practically word for word.

naa more like "that short arsed cunt has stabbed me in the back one last time"

Alan Curbishley

Yup.