Kevin Keegan Resigns as manager

Scottish Mag

Kevin Keegan will use evidence from Newcastle's own club publications to back up his £8m claim for constructive dismissal.

Newcastle chiefs set about trashing Keegan at the weekend with briefings aimed at tarnishing his reputation - a move that will trigger more revulsion from fans.

Owner Mike Ashley and his directors claimed Keegan had no responsibility over new signings.

But Keegan yesterday insisted: "When I joined Newcastle it was made clear to me I would have the final say on player movement."

And Mirror Sport has built up a strong case to prove the club's statement is misleading - using their own website archive.

Fact: Ashley told Newcastle's official magazine last month: "If the deal is right - that means the right player who Kevin wants - we will do the deal. Kevin is very particular on who he wants."

Fact: Wise told the club website on February 1: "He (Keegan) will say yes or no. He has the final word. No-one else. I am not going to do things like bring players in behind his back."

Fact: Later that day, in a piece billed as an exclusive with the club's TV station, Wise added: "A lot of people have got a little mixed up with the reason I'm here and we need to straighten that out quite quickly. I'm not here to be involved in the first team."

Fact: On January 29 then chairman Chris Mort stated: "Kevin will be responsible for ALL matters related to the first team."

Fact: Keegan, proving he is being consistent in claiming he was in charge of transfers from day one, said on April 24: "If they bring players in who are not my players I wouldn't be managing this club.

Ashley and Executive Director Dennis Wise are in the ludicrous position of having to claim they were misquoted by their own club officials to wriggle out of the row that led to Keegan's walk-out.

The club is now left with little choice but to appoint a friend of Wise as their new boss who will take the title of 'coach'.

That has led to Wise's former Chelsea team-mates Gus Poyet and the charismatic Gianfranco Zola becoming front-runners for the St James's Park job, along with Didier Deschamps and Spaniard Jose Camacho.

One candidate, Real Zaragoza boss Marcelino Toral, has ruled himself out of the running.

He said: "It doesn't matter what the team is, or how much money they have, no club will take me away from Zaragoza. I have made a commitment."

in fitting with clubs childish statement surely they should have been

It is a fact that on the clubs offical.........

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So who'll be taking training now then?

Who will be in charge against Hull as I half expected it to be Terry Mac

Coaching staff left...

Manager Kevin Keegan

First Team Coach Terry McDermott

First Team Coach Chris Hughton

Reserve Team Manager Adam Sadler

Goalkeeping Coach Paul Barron

Academy Director Richard Money

Academy Manager Joe Joyce

Academy Coach Kenny Wharton

Academy Coach Alan Thompson

Academy Coach Steve Tweddle

Academy GK Coach Simon Smith

Academy Physiotherapist Kev Bell

Physiotherapist Derek Wright

Senior Fitness Coach Mark Hulse

Strength/Conditioning Coach Robbie Elliott

Masseur Craig Russell

Chief Scout Lil Fucillo

I'd have thought Hughton, but the rumours are Richard Money.

Terry Mac been there since God was a boy like.

Apart from Gullit he's managed to stay with just about every managerial change. He's what you'd call a survivor. Along with a few other names.

I like Dick Money..

A Lowestoft lad :icon_lol:

I meant selling my cock for cash.

You should come to Lowestoft.....

:D Is that an offer?

Well, not from me thats for sure, but there are some strange in-bred types here that probably do.

I like Dick Money..

A Lowestoft lad :icon_lol:

I meant selling my cock for cash.

You should come to Lowestoft.....

:D Is that an offer?

Well, not from me thats for sure, but there are some strange in-bred types here that probably do.

Protesting too much now.