Indian billionaire revives interest in Newcastle - and could hire Kevin Keegan

Scottish Mag

Keegan will never come back but if was are taken over by rich Indians a decent manager may come in.

I'm hoping to get Ashley out so we can be run as a football club again.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ashley isn't wanted so I cant see why he'll stay.

Because he's a hard-nosed businessman who divorces himself from emotion.

He's taken over far too many companies in the past, not giving a shit what their staff and shareholders think and he'll view NUFC just the same.

He'll never sell up because he's not wanted, it'll only be if he can make a profit from it. That's why I'm praying this Indian fella isn't just cruel media bullshit.

Ashley isn't wanted so I cant see why he'll stay.

Because he's a hard-nosed businessman who divorces himself from emotion.

He's taken over far too many companies in the past, not giving a shit what their staff and shareholders think and he'll view NUFC just the same.

He'll never sell up because he's not wanted, it'll only be if he can make a profit from it. That's why I'm praying this Indian fella isn't just cruel media bullshit.

I don't think Ashley has ever had to deal with uneducated mobs who want blood before though, it's a bit different to upsetting the tea lady and a few people making charva clothing.

Alan Oliver first brought this Indian thing up and I don't really give his reports much credence.

NOTW were on Talkshite this morning claiming they'd broke it a couple of weeks back. They also said they had a paper full of exclusives (more bullshit then!) which is going to shock the Newcastle fans tomorrow.

TF and the Mag are releasing their views on what kind of action we should take. As long as its not some mental bollocks then I think we should all look to follow that lead rather than ending up with a dozen half arsed attempts.

TF and the Mag are releasing their views on what kind of action we should take. As long as its not some mental bollocks then I think we should all look to follow that lead rather than ending up with a dozen half arsed attempts.

Ah ok that's good news. I was hoping someone like that would take something on so it at least becomes vaguely official.

According to TalkShite they're saying that the Abu Dhabi Man City purchase is not actually completed and theres some reluctance with the family over it, also saying theyve only actually put 3million down for Robinho.

Things could change in an instance here like :o

:o but no quotes, so my :( is tempered by :icon_lol:

for once put aside your "no quotes, no story" policy and get a massive twitching erection at the mere suggestion of this story.

:sweat::(

All right, I'll get a stonking red raging donk-on... but just for you ok?!

please let it be so....

:huh:

According to TalkShite they're saying that the Abu Dhabi Man City purchase is not actually completed and theres some reluctance with the family over it, also saying theyve only actually put 3million down for Robinho.

Christ, that could be just what we don't need - something like that could take the heat off Fat Cunt :(

Edited by Armchair Pundit

Christ, that could be just what we don't need - something like that could take the heat off Fat Cunt :(

Or it could be that fatty has hijacked the deal or they're seeing the problems and thinking "we'd rather have some of that" :sweat:

Anal Oliver reports:

KEVIN KEEGAN could be back as Newcastle United manager – if Mike Ashley sells out to any of the consortiums who want to buy the club.

That is the sensational news The Chronicle is hearing from the Keegan camp – and it is news which will absolutely delight the Toon Army.

I spoke to Keegan last night and, while he did not talk about his reasons for resigning or plans for the future, he was definitely upbeat.

Certainly it was a different Keegan to the one who left down in the dumps and headed for Florida sunshine when he quit United in 1997.

There is no doubt in my mind Tyneside’s favourite son has been lifted by the magnificent support he has received – not only in Newcastle but throughout the country.

The Chronicle revealed on Thursday that Anil Ambani and his Reliance Group, alerted by the current crisis at St James’s Park, had rekindled their interest in buying out United.

While the billionaire will remain in India, his representatives are heading to England on Monday to try to take over a Premier League club, with Newcastle United believed to be very high on their list.

When Ambani first moved for United, his plan, had he been successful, was to bring in a top European manager, but he will now be fully aware Keegan is the man the vast majority of the club’s fans want to see at the helm.

However, Toon supremo Ashley has always insisted he has no intention of selling the club and the ball is now very much in his court.

These are undoubtedly difficult days for the United owner, with his first job being to find a successor to Keegan.

Spurs have warned United off Gus Poyet and the latest name in the frame is that of another former White Hart Lane and England boss Terry Venables.

In normal circumstances, Venables working with a young coach like Alan Shearer would seem to be quite a good idea but as the Chronicle revealed last night, their former legendary skipper is not interested in returning under the present regime.

Venables is also part of the so-called London mafia, something which understandably does not go down well with the Newcastle fans.

Newcastle United are on a clear downward spiral at the moment and I cannot help recalling what Keegan told me in his very last interview as manager after last Saturday’s defeat by Arsenal at The Emirates.

He said then: “Once this football club gets on the march it is a pretty strong force, as has been proved in the past.

“Of course, when it goes backwards it goes backwards at twice the pace and that is the problem.”

Now all United fans can hope is that these last words from The Messiah do not turn out to be prophetic.

:o

Anal Oliver reports:
KEVIN KEEGAN could be back as Newcastle United manager – if Mike Ashley sells out to any of the consortiums who want to buy the club.

That is the sensational news The Chronicle is hearing from the Keegan camp – and it is news which will absolutely delight the Toon Army.

I spoke to Keegan last night and, while he did not talk about his reasons for resigning or plans for the future, he was definitely upbeat.

Certainly it was a different Keegan to the one who left down in the dumps and headed for Florida sunshine when he quit United in 1997.

There is no doubt in my mind Tyneside’s favourite son has been lifted by the magnificent support he has received – not only in Newcastle but throughout the country.

The Chronicle revealed on Thursday that Anil Ambani and his Reliance Group, alerted by the current crisis at St James’s Park, had rekindled their interest in buying out United.

While the billionaire will remain in India, his representatives are heading to England on Monday to try to take over a Premier League club, with Newcastle United believed to be very high on their list.

When Ambani first moved for United, his plan, had he been successful, was to bring in a top European manager, but he will now be fully aware Keegan is the man the vast majority of the club’s fans want to see at the helm.

However, Toon supremo Ashley has always insisted he has no intention of selling the club and the ball is now very much in his court.

These are undoubtedly difficult days for the United owner, with his first job being to find a successor to Keegan.

Spurs have warned United off Gus Poyet and the latest name in the frame is that of another former White Hart Lane and England boss Terry Venables.

In normal circumstances, Venables working with a young coach like Alan Shearer would seem to be quite a good idea but as the Chronicle revealed last night, their former legendary skipper is not interested in returning under the present regime.

Venables is also part of the so-called London mafia, something which understandably does not go down well with the Newcastle fans.

Newcastle United are on a clear downward spiral at the moment and I cannot help recalling what Keegan told me in his very last interview as manager after last Saturday’s defeat by Arsenal at The Emirates.

He said then: “Once this football club gets on the march it is a pretty strong force, as has been proved in the past.

“Of course, when it goes backwards it goes backwards at twice the pace and that is the problem.”

Now all United fans can hope is that these last words from The Messiah do not turn out to be prophetic.

:o

Fuck off you vagina faced cunt, I bet it took you fucking hours of searching through quotes looking for something that had even a slightest connection to the current troubles

Mike Ashley, the embattled owner of Newcastle United, could be offered an early opportunity to follow Kevin Keegan out of St James' Park after it emerged that there is fresh interest in the Tyneside club from abroad.

It is becoming increasingly likely that Reliance Communications, the Indian-based telecoms giant, will seek formal talks with the Barclays Premier League club's board with a view to a £220million takeover. However, of greater significance to those furious Newcastle supporters determined to oust Ashley is the revelation that Anil Ambani, the owner of Reliance, has identified Keegan as the only credible managerial candidate capable of moving the club forward.

Less than 24 hours after Keegan announced his departure from St James' as manager for the second time, the odds on him being reappointed had fallen to 14-1. Ambani is a great believer in continuity and his representatives are aware of the standing of the so-called “Geordie Messiah” among the club's supporters. He was first linked with a buyout of Newcastle last month, but his representatives hastily denied suggestions of a £260million move. It is understood that Ambani balked at that price because Newcastle had failed to strengthen a threadbare squad.

However, Reliance has since followed developments at the club and the team that it assembled to investigate the viability of a bid believes that the time is right to test Ashley's resolve. Aware of the vitriol aimed at Newcastle's owner by fans who feel that Keegan is an innocent victim of mismanagement, the Indians are ready to move fast with an offer that more realistically matches their assessment of the club's value. Ashley paid £130million for Newcastle in July 2007 and immediately wiped out debts estimated at £80million, but rumours persisted that the reclusive businessman was seeking an early sale after becoming disillusioned with his significant investment.

Despite club statements insisting that the owner of Sports Direct, the leisure-wear firm, was not inclined to sell his recent acquisition, highly placed sources suggest that Reliance and others were invited to bid in excess of £250million for Newcastle this summer. Those sources said yesterday that Ambani was ready to revive interest in his favourite Premier League club, with Keegan at the centre of an ambitious public-relations policy aimed to get disillusioned season ticket-holders and deserting businesses back on board.

Ashley is minded to tough it out and go against the advice of those urging him to end a tumultuous foray into football ownership. Yet just as Keegan's position as manager became untenable, it would be hard for the Newcastle owner to operate effectively in the face of a torrent of criticism.

Ambani will appeal to Newcastle supporters, who crave serious investment in the team come January. The world's sixth-richest man boasts a fortune of £21billion and it is understood that Keegan, should he be persuaded to return for a third term at St James' Park, would be handed at least £100million to strengthen the Newcastle squad in the new year.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/foo...icle4686705.ece

I'm sure I'm far from being the only one, but go on and make my fuckin day.

Stuff of dreams

Mike Ashley, the embattled owner of Newcastle United, could be offered an early opportunity to follow Kevin Keegan out of St James' Park after it emerged that there is fresh interest in the Tyneside club from abroad.

It is becoming increasingly likely that Reliance Communications, the Indian-based telecoms giant, will seek formal talks with the Barclays Premier League club's board with a view to a £220million takeover. However, of greater significance to those furious Newcastle supporters determined to oust Ashley is the revelation that Anil Ambani, the owner of Reliance, has identified Keegan as the only credible managerial candidate capable of moving the club forward.

Less than 24 hours after Keegan announced his departure from St James' as manager for the second time, the odds on him being reappointed had fallen to 14-1. Ambani is a great believer in continuity and his representatives are aware of the standing of the so-called “Geordie Messiah” among the club's supporters. He was first linked with a buyout of Newcastle last month, but his representatives hastily denied suggestions of a £260million move. It is understood that Ambani balked at that price because Newcastle had failed to strengthen a threadbare squad.

However, Reliance has since followed developments at the club and the team that it assembled to investigate the viability of a bid believes that the time is right to test Ashley's resolve. Aware of the vitriol aimed at Newcastle's owner by fans who feel that Keegan is an innocent victim of mismanagement, the Indians are ready to move fast with an offer that more realistically matches their assessment of the club's value. Ashley paid £130million for Newcastle in July 2007 and immediately wiped out debts estimated at £80million, but rumours persisted that the reclusive businessman was seeking an early sale after becoming disillusioned with his significant investment.

Despite club statements insisting that the owner of Sports Direct, the leisure-wear firm, was not inclined to sell his recent acquisition, highly placed sources suggest that Reliance and others were invited to bid in excess of £250million for Newcastle this summer. Those sources said yesterday that Ambani was ready to revive interest in his favourite Premier League club, with Keegan at the centre of an ambitious public-relations policy aimed to get disillusioned season ticket-holders and deserting businesses back on board.

Ashley is minded to tough it out and go against the advice of those urging him to end a tumultuous foray into football ownership. Yet just as Keegan's position as manager became untenable, it would be hard for the Newcastle owner to operate effectively in the face of a torrent of criticism.

Ambani will appeal to Newcastle supporters, who crave serious investment in the team come January. The world's sixth-richest man boasts a fortune of £21billion and it is understood that Keegan, should he be persuaded to return for a third term at St James' Park, would be handed at least £100million to strengthen the Newcastle squad in the new year.

Stuff of dreams

Im in agreement but to quote you a year or so ago

"people want to watch what they wish for, the grass isnt always greener"

which scarily looks to have been very true.......still the grass at the mo is extremely brown so what the hell!!!!

Stuff of dreams

which scarily looks to have been very true.......still the grass at the mo is extremely brown so what the hell!!!!

I can't deny that ............ :o

did you see the bit in that article "Those sources said yesterday that Ambani was ready to revive interest in his favourite Premier League club , "

Stuff of dreams

I can't deny that ............ :(

did you see the bit in that article "Those sources said yesterday that Ambani was ready to revive interest in his favourite Premier League club , "

yeah but that'll be favourite based on accounts and profitability :o

Stuff of dreams

I can't deny that ............ :icon_lol:

yeah but that'll be favourite based on accounts and profitability :D

He's just trying to curry favour with the fans