Gutierrez injured

catmag

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news as you wake up folks, but it looks like he's disclocated his shoulder in the Peru vs Argentina qualifier. Awaiting more info as to the severity of the injury and the likely time on the sidelines but it doesn't look good at all.

http://www.afa.org.ar/?m=news&n=7293

is coloccini injured also??? i read it as saying jonas and him are not flying home right away and are staying with a doctor named homero de agostino...

They're staying overnight in Lima to depart tomorrow (today) via a KLM flight at 18.15. It makes sense for them to travel together if they're coming back to the same place. Can't see anything about a Coloccini injury.

i just saw that the first four names were leaving, which only left collo and guti on the list... then the mention of a doctor in the next paragraph... my bad spanish translation...

I think it says that the first 4 players named are leaving at 10 o'clock, the others at 18.15. I'm not sure if it says that the docs will leave with them.

i just saw that the first four names were leaving, which only left collo and guti on the list... then the mention of a doctor in the next paragraph... my bad spanish translation...

I think it says that the first 4 players named are leaving at 10 o'clock, the others at 18.15. I'm not sure if it says that the docs will leave with them.

the doctors are staying with them, probably to ensure they actually get on the flights. nothing more.

Toon sweating over Jonas injury

by Alex Livie, 11 September 2008

The gloom hanging over Newcastle increased on Wednesday evening with the news summer signing Jonas Gutierrez was stretchered off during Argentina's draw with Peru.

Newcastle fans are still seething from Kevin Keegan’s shock departure and their mood will not be improved by the news concerning Gutierrez.

The winger has been the star turn for The Magpies in the opening weeks of the season, more than justifying the club’s decision to bring him to England from Mallorca.

However, there are serious doubts over whether he will be able to face Hull at the weekend after being stretchered off 16 minutes into the game.

Initial fears he had disclocated a shoulder have not yet been confirmed, but he will undergo further examinations on Thursday.

"Jonas suffered a strong trauma to his right shoulder and he will need more medical examinations,” said Argentina FA press officer Andres Ventura.

http://www.setantasports.com/en/Sport/News...ocale/football/

This sort of thing just shows how thin the squad is. If past history is anything to go by, our first team players will drop like flies over the next few weeks and we'll be in the clarts with players like Ameobi filling in on the wing again ;)