Keegan: I can't wait to return

Jimbo

KEVIN KEEGAN last night opened the door for an amazing Toon return as a South African consortium tabled an official bid.

The Boks have offered Mike Ashley £280million for the club and are keen for King Kev to take charge again.

The Newcastle idol flew back from a break in the USA to tell pals he is ready to take up the reins once new owners are found.

The South Africans are one of SEVEN groups trying to buy out Ashley but are the only ones to have made an offer.

If Ashley accepts, King Kev could return this month.

A source close to Keegan said: “Kevin has had a great break, is feeling refreshed and wants to return.

“He knows what it would mean for all the fans and he wants a fresh crack at the club he loves.

“Of course, new owners have to come in but he has been pleased to see his name mentioned by prospective buyers.

“He is now just waiting to see what happens with things.”

Keegan’s return would instantly lift the Toon Army from the crisis which has ripped the club apart following his controversial exit.

Financiers Seymour Pierce hope to have a buyer confirmed by the end of the week with a mystery Nigerian consortium fronted by British businessman Chris Nathaniel also still keen.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Source? I notice the lack of direct quotes.

Again all we can do is ;)

...or, if you prefer the PC version (just for Fop) abstractly hope without invoking any higher power for a series of beneficial coincidences and good chance that will lead to the occurrence of the desired event. But there's no smiley for that.

Source? I notice the lack of direct quotes.

Again all we can do is :yes

...or, if you prefer the PC version (just for Fop) abstractly hope without invoking any higher power for a series of beneficial coincidences and good chance that will lead to the occurrence of the desired event. But there's no smiley for that.

;)

Think il just :rosetintspecs:

Just what this debacle needs now...Keegan to return and for us to carry on flailing around like a beached whale in distress until the last day of the season comes along to put a relegation bullet through our head and cart the remains off to some Norwegian whalemeat factory.

Don't see how Keegan coming back will do much to inspire confidence in the players now - the damage is done. ;)

Don't see how Keegan coming back will do much to inspire confidence in the players now - the damage is done. :yes

I don't see how him coming back can NOT inspire confidence in the players. ;) And I'm not some eejit who thinks he's the Second Coming either.

If & When these Nigerians come in, our Youth development is going to have a a great bloke in charge. I am not at liberty to say who but a good friend who has been involved in Youth football for many years has been approached!

Just what this debacle needs now...Keegan to return and for us to carry on flailing around like a beached whale in distress until the last day of the season comes along to put a relegation bullet through our head and cart the remains off to some Norwegian whalemeat factory.

Don't see how Keegan coming back will do much to inspire confidence in the players now - the damage is done. ;)

Keegan was clearly filling the players with confidence before he was forced out (you only have to look at the Manure game and how we've played since he's left to see that) so I see no reason why he can't manage to do it again.

I'm with Gemmil in that I don't think he's the greatest manager we could possibly have but I do think he's the only decent one likely to come into this mess at the moment.

The fans need to ignore the ridicule the papers will give us if KK returns and just rest happy that we can pick up where we left off at the end of last season.

I don't think 99% of fans are arsed about any ridicule. It's not like we're not the butt of most football jokes at present and Keegan would imo improve us on the pitch straight away. It's more there is nothing in this article that's remotely verifiable and we don't want to get our hopes up.

The fans need to ignore the ridicule the papers will give us if KK returns and just rest happy that we can pick up where we left off at the end of last season.

I don't think 99% of fans are arsed about any ridicule. It's not like we're not the butt of most football jokes at present and Keegan would imo improve us on the pitch straight away. It's more there is nothing in this article that's remotely verifiable and we don't want to get our hopes up.

Theres already one or two fools on here turning against Keegan for whatever reason

Theres already one or two fools on here turning against Keegan for whatever reason

Aye, there's literally one or two. I don't think it's the ridicule from the press that bothers them though.

Check out kids online, there are plenty slagging him off

I have to say I feel the same way I did in January - my heart says yes but my head says it would be wrong.

I can understand how any new owner would be almost "forced" to offer him the job but I'd want to here some pretty convincing arguments from the man himself as to why he can be fully trusted.

Of course I think he was right to go (with some reservations) but still feel a bit let down in a way. Hypothetically I'd like to know how he feels about the new owners and how good their relationship is - no doubt that would be thrashed out as part of his return but I'd like to see a bit more evidence of commitment this time around.

I have to say I feel the same way I did in January - my heart says yes but my head says it would be wrong.

I can understand how any new owner would be almost "forced" to offer him the job but I'd want to here some pretty convincing arguments from the man himself as to why he can be fully trusted.

Of course I think he was right to go (with some reservations) but still feel a bit let down in a way. Hypothetically I'd like to know how he feels about the new owners and how good their relationship is - no doubt that would be thrashed out as part of his return but I'd like to see a bit more evidence of commitment this time around.

Keegan departing was not the root of our problem - it's a symptom of it.

Him not being in charge is not the reason for our decline - even if he'd stayed on when this all blew up, I reckon we'd have been in the same shitty mess we find ourselves in.

The return of KK will undoubtedly inspire confidence into the players but then there's very little that wouldn't at the moment. However, the confidence will be nothing in comparision to what the confidence will be when the current management structure is abolished.

Keegan (alone) is not the answer to our prayers.. I think the media never had focus on this and that a fair few members on here are losing focus of it.

someone with wads of cash and a sensible approach to the club is the answer, but lets face it purely for motivating the players i really can't think of a better manager than keegan right now (top 4 managers being the exception), if keegan not possible I am turning into a fan of steve bruce too, for me shearer should go off and get some experience somewhere else if he won't be a no. 2

Him not being in charge is not the reason for our decline - even if he'd stayed on when this all blew up, I reckon we'd have been in the same shitty mess we find ourselves in.

The return of KK will undoubtedly inspire confidence into the players but then there's very little that wouldn't at the moment. However, the confidence will be nothing in comparision to what the confidence will be when the current management structure is abolished.

Keegan (alone) is not the answer to our prayers.. I think the media never had focus on this and that a fair few members on here are losing focus of it.

I reckon a Keegan team would have beaten Hull, Tottenham and Blackburn easily...and given West Ham a run for their money.

But who can say for sure.

I reckon a Keegan team would have beaten Hull, Tottenham and Blackburn easily...and given West Ham a run for their money.

But who can say for sure.

I can, we'd be in the top six now if Keegler was still here.