PS3

Keegan came back !

Negative Points:

Death of two uncles in 3 months

Burglary

PC meltdown

Deteriorating relationship with my boss

Keegan Vs Ashley

It's been a bit of a typical old year for me in many respects, yet it also hasn't. Things at work have been a bit shit if I'm being honest due to a department centralisation, as before that I really did love my job. But on the plus side I avoided redundency unlike others. I'm definitely on the lookout for a new job, but at least I still have on which I'm thankful for.

Obviously I won't even talk about all things NUFC related as I could go on forever in that respect, but I'm well past the stage when I think that's all that matters in life and I will be in a shit mood for it, as there's far more important things in life.

I'm also extremely happy at the moment with wor lass, probably the happiest I've been since I was about 18 as a matter of fact. Things are going great with her.

I've also managed to see quite a few live bands and such over the past year, which I do every year, but it's still always something that I look forward to.

One downside though is that it's been a bit of a cunt to get hold of any decent green lately. :unsure:

Highs

Bought a house

Booked my wedding

Passed the first year of my Msc

Bought 2 Pinball tables

Blyth to the 3rd round of the cup

Seghill winning the league cup last season and 8 wins out of 8 this season

Lows

Growing a gut

My kitten waking me up at 6am every day without fail to be fed

Thats about it. Havent had anything particularly hideous happen to me this year that I can remember

Highs

Bought a house

Booked my wedding

Passed the first year of my Msc

Bought 2 Pinball tables

Blyth to the 3rd round of the cup

Seghill winning the league cup last season and 8 wins out of 8 this season

Lows

Growing a gut

My kitten waking me up at 6am every day without fail to be fed

Thats about it. Havent had anything particularly hideous happen to me this year that I can remember

:unsure:

good bits.

the continued health of most of my family! (even though i had a serious blip recently ( but all is now sorted)).

the music side of things was going really well

had a great ( but short relationship with a great girl( she's off to oz).

bad bits

2 major fuck ups on my pc, means that i may not be able to recover an albums worth of material.

i'm losing my hair!

Good

Just got a payrise at work and finally an acknowledgement of all the shit I've shovelled this year (mainly doing the jobs of 3 people)

Hit the 3 year mark (and also 1 year living together) with the Mr, with very few problems, and feeling very happy and settled

Bad

Grandma died in October while I was away on holiday, so no chance to say goodbye as my dad kindly only informed me her condition had deterioted the night before I was due to fly

On the whole, still not enjoying my job a great deal, and having a bit of a crisis as to what I want to do

Money problems (I spend too much)

Not the best year, but certainly could have been worse.

Plus Points:

Mum's health looking better

Job security

Cracking holiday in France

PS3

Keegan came back !

Negative Points:

Burglary

PC meltdown

Keegan Vs Ashley

Beginning of the year was pretty bad; little money, falling out with a few people which got bad enough that I basically cut ties with about 4 "mates" entirely, not great times with a girl, fell into some bad habits and generally saw a lot of good work go down the drain.

Once I'd sorted that shit out and took a (sorry for the cliche) long hard look at what I wanted from my life, what was important etc. and I settled on moving away from Leeds and to London, things got a lot brighter. Even though I hadn't moved I was happier, began to sort out old debts and old friendships that I'd let by the wayside.

End of the year has been really good, moved in with a couple of good lads in London, have a steady if dull job, have exciting evenings where I'm after my real passion. Get to see a lot of Uni mates, get to see a girl I like a fair bit and I get to see football (both live and on a sickeningly impressive tv) a lot.

I've stopped making really stupid decisions for the most part and I've stopped letting my cock rule my head. (most of the time)

I just have a couple of resolutions to stick to and my life should (touch wood) build on decent foundations.

oh I also discovered I'm incapable of smoking weed from what the yanks call a bowl... I took maybe three hits from this pipe...thingy and entirely flaked out :icon_lol: , went to bed at 2 so my American housemate had to entertain my guests for another couple of hours despite never having met them before...I'm a manchild :icon_lol:

Oh and I've now got XBox Live so I'll hopefully get to be humiliated by 12 year old high-pitched sweary-types. :unsure:

Got used to life without my ex, have now established a decent friendship with her. Bonus.

Got away from pain in the ass boss and boring tasks at work by creating my own role. Exciting and challenging.

3 weeks in Mexico and Colombia, quality

Made a few new friends

Glade festival was truly epic, have had a few amazing weekends but can remember little of them. :unsure:

Had a good cab ride :icon_lol:

Lost a fair bit of virtual cash through this recession mullarky

Been unable to sell my house in Monkseatoon - happy about that really, if I had released the equity I might have done something silly and it's good to keep an anchor up there.

Been an emotional year but at the happy end now, thank fuck!

Next year is going to be remarkable.

Edited by trophyshy

Good:

Keegan

Beating Sunderland

The bastard of all audits (German cunts) which seemed like the end of the world means I have now the remit to do things properly at work.

Bad:

Keegan leaving

Losing to Sunderland

Minor health issues throughout the year mean my plan to lose weight and get fit has failed miserably but determined to get going again next year.

No relationships or sex (again).

Plus Points:

Mum's health looking better

Job security

Cracking holiday in France

PS3

Keegan came back !

Negative Points:

Burglary

PC meltdown

Keegan Vs Ashley

Beginning of the year was pretty bad; little money, falling out with a few people which got bad enough that I basically cut ties with about 4 "mates" entirely, not great times with a girl, fell into some bad habits and generally saw a lot of good work go down the drain.

Once I'd sorted that shit out and took a (sorry for the cliche) long hard look at what I wanted from my life, what was important etc. and I settled on moving away from Leeds and to London, things got a lot brighter. Even though I hadn't moved I was happier, began to sort out old debts and old friendships that I'd let by the wayside.

End of the year has been really good, moved in with a couple of good lads in London, have a steady if dull job, have exciting evenings where I'm after my real passion. Get to see a lot of Uni mates, get to see a girl I like a fair bit and I get to see football (both live and on a sickeningly impressive tv) a lot.

I've stopped making really stupid decisions for the most part and I've stopped letting my cock rule my head. (most of the time)

I just have a couple of resolutions to stick to and my life should (touch wood) build on decent foundations.

oh I also discovered I'm incapable of smoking weed from what the yanks call a bowl... I took maybe three hits from this pipe...thingy and entirely flaked out :puke: , went to bed at 2 so my American housemate had to entertain my guests for another couple of hours despite never having met them before...I'm a manchild :icon_lol:

Oh and I've now got XBox Live so I'll hopefully get to be humiliated by 12 year old high-pitched sweary-types. :unsure:

naaa he is too busy on his pinball tables :icon_lol:

dickhead.

poor by your standards.

(by the way, since posting that, I met up with a girl who is in a serious relationship and with whom I've had past shenanigans and I've kind of decided to pursue her never the less... so the whole "not let my cock rule my head thing" is already out the window... but I suppose the new year isn't here yet...

Not an ideal year really but that's life. Quite stressful on many occasions but had lots of fun with mates, such as the leaving school trip to south France and the Radiohead gig in London which was stunning. Left school which was good but also sad as it was a great school. Left with (some) great A-level results and started at Newcastle Uni in September, which went a bit awkward at first but going nicely now.

dickhead.

poor by your standards.

(by the way, since posting that, I met up with a girl who is in a serious relationship and with whom I've had past shenanigans and I've kind of decided to pursue her never the less... so the whole "not let my cock rule my head thing" is already out the window... but I suppose the new year isn't here yet...

Hope her bloke finds out and batters you (see what i did there)

Things were looking really good for the year. I passed my finals in the summer, and had a deserved and emotional goodbye to my coursemates. I had three months off, including a brilliant time travelling around Italy with my brother. I graduated as a doctor with my family there to see me. I started working in August, and after an initial horrifying weekend oncall I settled in, making some great friends in the process, and getting on very well with one female doctor towards the end of my job in surgery. Then on the last day of that job, it all started to go wrong:

I was chucked in the bath by the nurses as a leaving present, which I would have laughed off had it not cost me my phone, and all its numbers, some of which I have found impossible to obtain again. The same day, I crashed and wrote off my car as I drove home. My grandmother, who has had a great year after a difficult 2007, has been ill again this winter. That doctor turned out to be a mormon. In the early hours of Saturday morning, burglars detatched the front window of my house in Leeds and relieved my housemate and I of all our possesions.

The latest development is I've got involved with a girl I really shouldn't have. Dunno if that's good or bad...yet.

In summary, I literally cannot wait for this month to be over.

dickhead.

poor by your standards.

Hope her bloke finds out and batters you (see what i did there)

At first? no, but then I fell for it hook, line and sinker....

Oh Cod, I hope this doesn't become a fish-based-pun thread.

Luke, the water thing must be infuriating, you can't really get angry at them because society demands you take it as a joke and join in the well meaning fun, but I know I would have been fucking seething.

out of curiosity, the Girl you're involved with isn't the female Dr you work with is it?

Good:

Did well in my finals, so I decided to stay on and do a Master's degree

Had some great times following the toon (bar the results)

Got a new lass who i'm incredibly happy with

Met some great new mates

Bad:

The whole Keegan debacle

a lot of my mates left Newcastle after graduating

Pretty dull year really, but i'm more thn happy with it :unsure: