Newcastle United vs West Ham United

Tom

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i cant understand how teams like Stoke can hold Liverpool for 70 min without conceding a goal and our team was beaten 5-1 and we should have been beaten 10-1

are we so shit at the back or maybe we cant defend as a team!!???

i cant understand

It's simple. Teams like Newcastle, West Ham, Tottenham (much as I loathe them) try to play football!

Teams like Stoke just put 11 men behind the ball for 90 minutes.

Kinnear is clueless.

Is this the same Kinnear who has turned your side around since he came in?

He hasn't btw. Well he has from Hughton's stint in charge as we have actually picked up points. But he certainly hasn't turned anything around.

Watch the replay on Match of the Day for their second goal. Ball comes over the top, catches every fucker out, and what's Steven Taylor's immediate reaction? He starts fucking pointing of couse - what use is that you useless prick? I fucking HATE that kid.

Watch the replay on Match of the Day for their second goal. Ball comes over the top, catches every fucker out, and what's Steven Taylor's immediate reaction? He starts fucking pointing of couse - what use is that you useless prick? I fucking HATE that kid.

We should have flogged him when people were prepared to spend silly money on him.

He's just the kind of English 'talent' that Spurs get attracted to.

As for the comment about Stoke and why they didn't let in as many as we did, our defence wasn't the over-riding problem against Liverpool - it was the midfield. More holes than a sieve tbh

The pointing had never really registered that much for me up until the last few months when people on here and NO kept mentioning it. I'm now in the "can't stand it" camp too. The replay of him trying to educate Colo it seems is pricelessly tragic. If he added some shouting too, then he's lucky Colo didn't give him a slap.

Where's the ball, Stevie?

taylorpoint1rm5.jpg

taylorpoint2fb5.jpg

Also looking at motd, reckon both sides had decent penalty shouts. Problem for most of that game was our players standing watching. Long balls up to Carroll who in fairness had a good game and won most of them, but who was following up to help? No one. Same as when Jonas made some good runs, with the pace we had we done fuck all with it opting to just stand and watch (until zog came on anyway and he does use his pace to good effect).

Same at the back, most of the time we just stand and watch like when trying to get an offside. No one tracks the runner just in case.

For Taylor I blame Tony Adams - that loan spell at Wycombe "under his wing" accounts for his pointing/ "I'm in charge" attitude which is fine if you were Adams and could defend/had respect but not when you're a headless chicken.

The pointing had never really registered that much for me up until the last few months when people on here and NO kept mentioning it. I'm now in the "can't stand it" camp too. The replay of him trying to educate Colo it seems is pricelessly tragic. If he added some shouting too, then he's lucky Colo didn't give him a slap.

Where's the ball, Stevie?

My mate was saying yesterday "I wish you'd never said to me about Taylor's pointing, cos it's all I can see him do now that I've noticed it."

We would be 2 points off 7th :icon_lol:

Theres 10 points between 7th and dead last at the minute. its so frustrating that a decent run of results instead of all the last minute draws and losses, could have seen us easily into Europe this season. As it is, with 3 of the big 4 left to play a, few wrong results and we could be royally fucked!

Eh, we're half way through the season, everybody else has to play them 3 or 4 times each as well!!

Theres 10 points between 7th and dead last at the minute. its so frustrating that a decent run of results instead of all the last minute draws and losses, could have seen us easily into Europe this season. As it is, with 3 of the big 4 left to play a, few wrong results and we could be royally fucked!

Eh, we're half way through the season, everybody else has to play them 3 or 4 times each as well!!

Aye, but March looks particularly daunting for us. We need to build a good total over the next 6 games because we'll drop like a lead balloon come that little run.

Aye, but March looks particularly daunting for us. We need to build a good total over the next 6 games because we'll drop like a lead balloon come that little run.

Yup, next 6 games are absolutely huge. Pick up a few wins and we'll be well on our way to getting out the shit. Continue just picking up draws and defeats and we're gonna be right in the shit with a run of tough games to come.

I was concerned -even frightened about our situation before the game yesterday. I'm still concerned - even frightened.

The game itself was average, but that's all. The defence were poor ( marvel at how they stood still and watch West Ham score their second), and we're crying out for a central midfielder who can get the ball forward and create chances and options for the strikers. We're handicapped when we put Geremi or Butt in because they have no pace and stifle the momentum of the whole midfield - dare I say it, the whole team.And yet, we're stuck for options of who we can put in there.

The Liverpool game showed what happens to the defence if we lose one or two players to injuries/suspension. In other words, it goes from passable to shit. As for the forwards well, they don't get the service due to midfield problems (better service would do wonders for Owen and Martins, we all know that). We also have a problem with injuries. Martins - injured, Viduka - injured (yet again), Ameobi - injured (and shite), and we all know Owen can get injured easily, which leaves us with Andy Carroll, who is inexperienced.

So, we pretty much need to urgently strengthen in all areas apart from Goalkeepers (but if Given goes....?).

Basically, we're NOT going to do that. As things stand, I can't see us bringing in any player(s) that we really need. I wouldn't be suprised if we didn't bring anyone in at all. After all, how many players are going to look at NUFC at the minute, at how it's being run, at all the chaos and turmoil and think 'hmm, yes, I really want to play there!'? If we do get players in, I think that they will be in the cheap/desperate/sub-standard/not really that good mould, that will not improve the team, and will probably end up bieng virtually invisible - ala Xisco/Nacho Gonzalez.

As has already been said, we're currently 11th - purely because we've played more games than other people, and not because we're improving, but because other teams have f*cked up worse than us. The fact is we're not playing well, and could quite easily become the one who f*cks up worse than others and going into freefall.

Edited by Tom_NUFC

Newcastle without Owen and Given (Owen could have easily ended up with both goals in that game, and his jump probably help Carroll score anyway).

Sobering thought. :icon_lol:

As has already been said, we're currently 11th - purely because we've played more games than other people, and not because we're improving, but because other teams have f*cked up worse than us. The fact is we're not playing well, and could quite easily being the one who f*cks up worse than others and going into freefall.

In another season we could be rooted firmly in the bottom 3, we're just lucky that the league is being as bizarre as it is.

As has already been said, we're currently 11th - purely because we've played more games than other people, and not because we're improving, but because other teams have f*cked up worse than us. The fact is we're not playing well, and could quite easily being the one who f*cks up worse than others and going into freefall.

In another season we could be rooted firmly in the bottom 3, we're just lucky that the league is being as bizarre as it is.

Exactly

Someone posted above that Enrique had a good game :icon_lol: Im sure half the people on here listen to the game on the radio

More than just someone. He was about 4,000 times better than Taylor. Noone got by him all game, and he also helped out the pace-less Argentine Coloccini on several occassions. Outpaced Bellamy quite easily in getting to a ball, stopped Carlton Cole from breaking free on more than one occasion.

If anyone that watched that game thinks that Enrique is one of the biggest problems that we have, then they clearly have no idea. He was easily one of our better players, and our best defender (Bassong gave away at least one clearcut penalty that the ref somehow missed - FFS get your hands down!).

Ricky had a good game and Bass had another good game. Taylor has really gone downhill.

in july i thougth enrique was the worst player on the first 11, but hes done well recent matches. All he needs to get rid off is the way he likes to pass easy balls to the opposition. Hes never gonna be magnificent, but gets the job done in defence, at least compared to the rest of the team. The main reason our defense is so shit atm tho is mainly cos its a 4man defence at times, CMs barely help out, on several occasions ive seen them all stand around like mummies while getting run around. Also i think kinnear needs to do some defensive set-piece training cos atm we're awful on them, especially corners.

Yup.

If you look at Liv, when they lose the ball Kuyt, Masch and Alonso start foraging immediately.

Plus he got one assist, and very nearly could have got two - if only Jonas could have finished like Bellamy did for them in the first half.

I know it's a popular thing to kick Taylor, but anyone think he looked a complete nob this time of year with that sunbed tan?

Parker is still wank, so slow with his distribution apart from the assist for Bellamy. Thought West Ham's fans were totally shit, there hasn't been an impressive away support this season.

Yeah taylor has been pretty horrendous recently :icon_lol: Colo has too unfortunately, it doesnt take a rocket scientist to work out that if one of your CBs is slow you dont push up 40 yards and try to play offside

Recently?