Lost

Sir Bob Almighty!

Can someone please explain to me whats going on in Lost?

Why do they need to go back to the island? whats the three toed statue for?

How can Locke walk?

Ive watched every single episode since series 1 and I'm so lost with it!

I get the feeling this show is just the writers having a laugh inventing more shite to get keep us tuning in and then it will just end without telling us anything!

Anyone got any theories to whats going on? lol

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No answers because I'm convinced they are making it up as they go along.

The official podcasts are free on iTunes, they are worth a look and give a bit of insight.

If you've got a few days to spare then check out the threads on N-O, though some of the guys over there do tend to analyse it just a tad too much.

Andy? :rolleyes:

Why do they need to go back to the island? whats the three toed statue for?

How can Locke walk?

I get the feeling this show is just the writers having a laugh inventing more shite to get keep us tuning in and then it will just end without telling us anything!

Im in the exact same position aswell mate :rolleyes:

I thought the first half of the first series was great, that enthusiasm saw me through to the end of series two. By then I felt that I'd invested so much time in it that I can't stop. I have no answers all I have is questions.

The same applies to Shameless by the way... Talking frickin babies!!! Frank Gallagher sober??? WTF?

The island contains a vast electro magnetic source, that utilised correctly can shift time as well as do other wonderous things. However it also creates certain side effects.

There you go, not that hard!

Oh so that explains why theres a three toed statue on the island then does it einstein?

Probably not, but I'll give it a shot! :rolleyes:

Why do they need to go back to the island?

Like pretty much everything else on the show, it's not been fully explained yet, but it seems as though the Oceanic 6 were not meant to leave when Ben turned the big ice wheel in last season's finale, so the theory is the island is skipping around in time because the O6 are not present. Ben and Co. want them to go back to the island so it'll stop flailing about like Jose Enrique trying to call offisdes.

whats the three toed statue for?

It has not been officially revealed. There is a ton of speculation about it on the net. Personally, I think it's a monument to/ of the natives from the island (like Alpert?).

How can Locke walk?

The island appears to have healing properties, at least when it comes to Locke. He's been shot a couple of times now and turns out to be fine in a few hours/ days. As to why exactly, who knows, but apparently the island wants him to walk, so he can walk. It probably has something to do with him being the leader of The Others/ Jacob/ whatever.

Join the club. :crying:

I think the first season was somewhat mapped out- at least to a storyboard level. Maybe they didn't have every detail worked out, but I think a lot of it was. Not wanting to repeat a Twin Peaks kind of deal where once viewers got to see who killed Laura Palmer they stopped watching, the writers just kept on introducing new stuff. Around season 4, the powers that be realized they'd introduced too much crazy shit and they needed to start wrapping things up. This is when everyone sat down and decided there would be six seasons of LOST. With everyone on the same page, they could start wrapping up small stuff, but have a solid timeframe on when to make the big reveals and not risk the Laura Palmer phenomenon.

Sure. They're bad and usually dispelled by anyone who watches the show closer than me, but I've got some. :help:

Edited by Cid_MCDP

The island contains a vast electro magnetic source, that utilised correctly can shift time as well as do other wonderous things. However it also creates certain side effects.

There you go, not that hard!

Oh so that explains why theres a three toed statue on the island then does it einstein?

Doubt the writers know the reason for that yet tbf :rolleyes:

I gave up on it at series 3, was doing my head in got the impression that the writers were simply making the shit up as they went along and had no real direction to it, shame cos i liked the first 2 series.

The more new characters that came in the more confusing it got, tried a couple of times to get back into it but to no avail.