Kinnear needs heart bypass operation

Ketsbaia

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the f-ck is going to happen to the club now?

If Houghton is put back in charge, we're in serious trouble and will probably be relegated. He was shocking, first time 'round.

Only NUFC could end up with Kinnear and then not even end up with him. ;):lol:

oleary2DM0111_468x389.jpg

I don't think Pud would be that high up on Ashley's list, being a member of NUSC and all :lol:

Seriously though, I hope JFK gets well soon. Say what you want about the bloke but it's been, uh....surreal having him in charge.

I'd hope Ashley takes this chance to wipe the slate clean and start again from scratch but I fully expect we'll get El Tel or Poyet in. Funnily enough though I don't think the latter would be a disaster as he seemed to be the real one in charge at Leeds while Wise just swaggered about acting like a bit of a knob.

I don't think Pud would be that high up on Ashley's list, being a member of NUSC and all :lol:

Seriously though, I hope JFK gets well soon. Say what you want about the bloke but it's been, uh....surreal having him in charge.

I'd hope Ashley takes this chance to wipe the slate clean and start again from scratch but I fully expect we'll get El Tel or Poyet in. Funnily enough though I don't think the latter would be a disaster as he seemed to be the real one in charge at Leeds while Wise just swaggered about acting like a bit of a knob.

Two managers in intensive care in one season, we can do it. ;)

This one looks like he would work within the system

United line up Aguirre

Feb 8 2009 by Neil Farrington, Sunday Sun

NEWCASTLE have lined up Mexican coach Javier Aguirre as a successor to Joe Kinnear if the current United manager quits this summer.

Javier Aguirre

The Magpies believe Aguirre, who was controversially sacked by Atletico Madrid last week, could fill the breach should Kinnear decide against accepting the offer of a two-year contract at St James’s Park.

Kinnear has been taking time to weigh up his personal circumstances, and missed yesterday’s win at West Brom due to ill health — although he intends to return to his post in the near future.

But United have drawn up contingency plans which could see Aguirre inherit the hotseat.

The 50-year-old spent two-and-a-half seasons in charge at Atletico, having landed the job by steering modest Osasuna into Europe via a fourth-place finish in La Liga.

Aguirre looked well set for a long stay in Madrid when Atletico finished fourth in Spain last season, qualifying for the Champions League for the first time in 11 years.

But despite an impressive start to the current campaign, and Atletico qualifying for the last 16 of the Champions League, Aguirre was fired after a six-game winless start to 2009.

That sparked anger among some Atletico players, with the likes of striker Diego Forlan reportedly intent on following Aguirre out of the club in the summer.

Newcastle considered the credentials of several Spanish-based coaches before and after appointing Kevin Keegan as manager 13 months ago

Jiminez still pulling the strings?

Can this gadgie speak better English than Ramos?

TOM " wish Joe all the best but in all honesty can this appointment (if one is needed) be any worse?

wallyDM2111_468x819.jpg

A cold shiver ran down my spine reading this post..... :lol:

If not El Tel, They'll try Big Ron, Tommy Docherty and it wouldn't surprise me if they dug Clough up to ask if he fancied a shot

TOM " wish Joe all the best but in all honesty can this appointment (if one is needed) be any worse?

wallyDM2111_468x819.jpg

If not El Tel, They'll try Big Ron, Tommy Docherty and it wouldn't surprise me if they dug Clough up to ask if he fancied a shot

Or get Michael Sheen in ;)

wallyDM2111_468x819.jpg

Or get Michael Sheen in ;)

Fuck's sake man, don't give them ideas- Ricky Tomlinson/ mike bassett!!!!!!!

wallyDM2111_468x819.jpg

A cold shiver ran down my spine reading this post..... ;)

Or get Michael Sheen in :D

Fuck's sake man, don't give them ideas- Ricky Tomlinson/ mike bassett!!!!!!!

"We're playing four four fucking two!" :lol:

Whoever they bring in would have to have connections to Spurs and possibly be a Londoner... uh oh.

Nufc announce Alan Sugar as new manager- Tyne Bridge collapses under weight of Geordies rushing to jump off it.

Wouldn't be a bad thing. He might fire Shola.

"Sky Sports News understands that the Irishman is set to undergo surgery this week after he was taken ill at the weekend."

the irishman... :lol:

Well he was born in Ireland and made many appearances for the national team, how is he not Irish? ;)

Hope he recovers ok. I don't rate him but I wouldn't wish ill of him.

On a different note, I wonder if there is any truth in the ex Ath Mad coach? Canny record (from what I've read) and would be used to working under our "system" (but perhaps not under fuckwits).