Hillsborough

Craig

It wasn't just a bus crash, there's nee nice way to die, but that was one of the worst, a lot of them dead people probably knew they were going to die, it's hard even writing it. It wasn't their fault, all this rampaging scousers bollocks, we'd be exactly the same if not worse, in fact I could guarantee you now if we got to the Semi in 1989, we'd have thousands upon thousands of ticketless fans, which evidently Liverpool didn't really have. There's no blame on them for the disaster, I think scousers as people though have a deep rooted victim mentality of injustice, and they have a point in this one case, it's a disgrace a country that prides itself as being the fairest most transparent on earth, has not released these files for 23 years. It's a fucking disgrace. If I was scouse I think I'd probably still feel raw about it.

Spot fucking on

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wasn't just a bus crash, there's nee nice way to die, but that was one of the worst, a lot of them dead people probably knew they were going to die, it's hard even writing it. It wasn't their fault, all this rampaging scousers bollocks, we'd be exactly the same if not worse, in fact I could guarantee you now if we got to the Semi in 1989, we'd have thousands upon thousands of ticketless fans, which evidently Liverpool didn't really have. There's no blame on them for the disaster, I think scousers as people though have a deep rooted victim mentality of injustice, and they have a point in this one case, it's a disgrace a country that prides itself as being the fairest most transparent on earth, has not released these files for 23 years. It's a fucking disgrace. If I was scouse I think I'd probably still feel raw about it.

Spot fucking on

Aye, I couldn't even watch that Jimmy McGovern thing on the telly as it made me so angry so you can see where they're coming from. I don't agree about them dictating when they'll play though.

It goes back to Man U dropping football club from their club crest.

That's fucking tragic on your part. No wonder they laugh at you lot on an almost daily basis.

Tragic? Get a grip. It's just what football fans do. Man U fans themselves were up in arms about it.

That's fucking tragic on your part. No wonder they laugh at you lot on an almost daily basis.

Tragic? Get a grip. It's just what football fans do. Man U fans themselves were up in arms about it.

It shows who the daddies are though, wouldn't happen the other way round. You look at them, like Sunderland look at us.

I meant tragic in that you think it would remotely bother them. Perhaps pathetic would be more apt though. They're laughing either way.

It shows who the daddies are though, wouldn't happen the other way round. You look at them, like Sunderland look at us.

Yes it would, they already spend more time singing about us than any other club, even their own sometimes.

Yes it would, they already spend more time singing about us than any other club, even their own sometimes.

You mean if they'd been in your shadow for 20 years they'd try and get a bite whenever they could? Aye, you're probably right. I can't see that theory being tested any time soon though.

Neither Liverpool or Everton are in Europe. What wouldve been wrong with playing their semi final midweek and thus allowing Chelsea the Saturday slot?

The FA change fixtures for TV companies, the police and any other fuckin thing (world cup years etc) so why they couldnt bend for this is beyond me.

Neither Liverpool or Everton are in Europe. What wouldve been wrong with playing their semi final midweek and thus allowing Chelsea the Saturday slot?

The FA change fixtures for TV companies, the police and any other fuckin thing (world cup years etc) so why they couldnt bend for this is beyond me.

Aye, good shout. Probably a bit too sensible to be considered though.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/apr/12/hillsborough-battle-orgreave

Great piece about South Yorkshire police and their history of being the worst institution in Britain going back to miners strike. I'm not saying all Yorkshire people are wanks, only most of them are, but I've witnessed that police force first hand at Brammal Lane, and they are the worst cunts I've ever come across in my life.

Good read that, David Conn is one of the best journo's out there.

FTAO Cabayaye:

After Hillsborough, South Yorkshire police also briefed Thatcher, and the media, that misbehaviour by the Liverpool supporters had caused the disaster. Taylor, in his official report, dismissed that completely, judging the 96 deaths to have been caused by the negligence of the police, and appalling safety failures by Sheffield Wednesday football club and Sheffield city council.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/apr/13/kenny-dalglish-fa-cup-hillsborough

Kenny Dalglish: FA Cup tie a fitting tribute to Hillsborough victims

• Liverpool and Everton set to mark 23rd anniversary of disaster

• 'It's going to be very emotive for everybody,' says Dalglish

Kenny Dalglish believes it is fitting that fans from both Merseyside clubs will come together in their FA Cup semi-final on Saturday to mark the 23rd anniversary of the Hillsborough disaster.

Liverpool and Everton have not faced each other at Wembley since the 1989 final, which took place less than two months after the tragedy that claimed the lives of 96 people on 15 April.

Players of both teams will wear black armbands, floral tributes will be laid by Steven Gerrard and Phil Neville – the captains – and there will be a period of silence before kick-off to commemorate the occasion.

Dalglish believes it is almost symbolic the two clubs should meet again so respects can be paid. "It's coincidental that it's Liverpool and Everton at Wembley again because that was the final that year [1989]," the Liverpool manager said.

"It's going to be very emotive for everybody. The Evertonians were affected by Hillsborough as well as the Liverpool fans, with family members who never came home. It will be poignant and I'm sure both sets of fans will grace the minute's silence with the dignity they've shown since 1989.

"The support the Liverpool people have had from Evertonians and vice-versa has been magnificent, and they're a credit to the city with the way they've handled themselves in a dignified manner, and I'm sure that'll continue.

"Every time both clubs have met in London both sets of fans have been an absolute credit to the city and I am sure Saturday will be another occasion when they represent the city of Liverpool and their respective clubs very proudly."

While remembering the Hillsborough victims will be paramount before kick-off, once the whistle goes the two neighbours will go into fierce battle for a place in the final next month.

"The fact it is a semi-final is big enough in itself," Dalglish said. "The reward is big enough, although the opponents could have been made easier for us if we had got someone other than our city rivals.

"It is a huge game. It will be what happens on the day, the runup to any game is irrelevant. We don't want to get ahead of ourselves, we know how difficult it is going to be and know they will be as equally determined as we are to win."

Why don't we have a minutes silence on the anniversary of the Heysel, Bradford, Munich, Glasgow disasters?

Football disasters are a rare thing, thankfully, yet there is a common denominator in two of them

It wasn't just a bus crash, there's nee nice way to die, but that was one of the worst, a lot of them dead people probably knew they were going to die, it's hard even writing it. It wasn't their fault, all this rampaging scousers bo!locks, we'd be exactly the same if not worse, in fact I could guarantee you now if we got to the Semi in 1989, we'd have thousands upon thousands of ticketless fans, which evidently Liverpool didn't really have. There's no blame on them for the disaster, I think scousers as people though have a deep rooted victim mentality of injustice, and they have a point in this one case, it's a disgrace a country that prides itself as being the fairest most transparent on earth, has not released these files for 23 years. It's a f*cking disgrace. If I was scouse I think I'd probably still feel raw about it.

Totally agree Stevie and always have done. And LFC and their fans can do what they please as far as I'm concerned in terms of rememberance / tribute / etc. - it is after all their human right.

But only if it isn't at the detriment of others. Chelsea are directly being put at a disadvantage because of Liverpool's insistence that they won't play on that day. I'm sorry like but that is not fair. And this isn't about which clubs are involved, it could be any club in the league in either club's shoes and my views would be the same (aye, even if it was us in Liverpool's shoes and the Mackems in Chelsea's).

There's being sympathetic and then there's going too far. The FA should have remained totally impartial in a situation such as this. They haven't.

Good read that, David Conn is one of the best journo's out there.

FTAO Cabayaye:

After Hillsborough, South Yorkshire police also briefed Thatcher, and the media, that misbehaviour by the Liverpool supporters had caused the disaster. Taylor, in his official report, dismissed that completely, judging the 96 deaths to have been caused by the negligence of the police, and appalling safety failures by Sheffield Wednesday football club and Sheffield city council.

A copy of the report. Worth reading:

http://www.fsf.org.uk/uploaded/publications/pdfs/interim%20report%20hillsborough.pdf

Re that David Conn article - One of the first really big away games I went to was Sheff Wed at the start of 80/81 - there were a good 10k there and though there were a lot of heed the baals and quite a bit of bother, that was the first time I really realised that the police at football were cunts. Of course in the context of the times many will argue they had to be but South Yorkshire really stood out - later West Midlands nearly matched them but I was never surprised at the way the miners strike was policed by those bastards and sadly I wasn't really surprised that Hillsborough happened.

My complete distrust and lack of respect for the vast majority of British police to this day is shaped by my experiences of them mainly in the 80s and I'd say the majority of that stems from that one police force. I don't know why SY were so bad - maybe it was bad leadership or they'd had a bad time in the 70s with football but I will always think of them simply as mass murderers.

Weren't they considered 'Maggie's Police Force' after the '84 Miner's Strike and consequently were claimed to have been unfairly supported by the Tory government in the aftermath of Hillsborough?

Weren't they considered 'Maggie's Police Force' after the '84 Miner's Strike and consequently were claimed to have been unfairly supported by the Tory government in the aftermath of Hillsborough?

Yes and no - I think she always thought of it that way but bear in mind that the miners strike was policed by "mercenaries" from all other forces around the country who were paid shit loads of overtime. It's also alleged that troops wore police uniforms as well which though I could believe, hasn't ever been proved as far as I know.

I know there was a lot of "politicalisation" of the police in the 70s with the race riots etc and even going back to 60s protests like Grovensor square but I still think the miners strike was the real watershed in demonstrating that the police act in the interests of the establishment and the government rather than the people and the law. They claim to get away with it by insisting they swear an oath to serve the Queen rather than the state but that's just window dressing in my view.

Why don't we have a minutes silence on the anniversary of the Heysel, Bradford, Munich, Glasgow disasters?

Football disasters are a rare thing, thankfully, yet there is a common denominator in two of them

Pure coincidence though isn't it? The Liverpool fans were (to one extent or another) at fault for Heysel but have been exonerated regarding Hillsborough with the blame firmly pointed at the police.

Tell you what, as much as they were to blame for Heysel, the match should never have been taking place there in the first place. It was an extremely sub-standard shit hole which IIRC was subject to a good deal of complaints prior to the event.

The Italians weren't blameless either - rioting with the police and one of them had a starting pistol! English football suffered massively because of Heysel for which the Liverpool fans took the entire blame. Whilst the majority of the blame was IMO rightly placed on them, Juventus, UEFA and the Belgium FA escaped any punishment.

RIP to the 96 but the scousers do love a bit of grieving don't they?

How many scousers are in the Liverpool team, 2? Do they really think Suarez and Enrique won't have their mind on the game because people died on that day 23 years ago?

When does it stop? Whatever findings come out of the investigation it won't appease everyone and the Justice campaign will go on forever. It's almost like they'd miss campaigning for a bit of justice.

The Man Utd model as previously noted is the best example, play on that day to honour their memories.