NUFC And Kevin Keegan - Official Statement

Craig

Newcastle United and Kevin Keegan confirm that they are engaged in a confidential arbitration process in relation to Kevin Keegan's departure from the Club in September 2008 and that there will be no comment or statement by either side until the arbitration finishes.

Source: http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsD...1575937,00.html

What's the fucking point in publishing that? It's not telling us anything we don't already know.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They need to have a big hug and go back to plan a which was actually working. :lol:

You know that, I know that, pretty much everyone knows that apart from Ashley and his cronies. :doh:

I cant believe people are still pining over Keegan.

Hes gone, move on.

I can't believe you've got nothing better to do.

Oh wait, yes I can. :lol:

Brilliant, watch out Peter Kaye.

I cant believe people are still pining over Keegan.

Hes gone, move on.

I can't believe you've got nothing better to do.

Oh wait, yes I can. :lol:

Brilliant, watch out Peter Kaye.

Watch out Danny Kaye.

Newcastle United and Kevin Keegan confirm that they are engaged in a confidential arbitration process in relation to Kevin Keegan's departure from the Club in September 2008 and that there will be no comment or statement by either side until the arbitration finishes.

What's the fucking point in publishing that? It's not telling us anything we don't already know.

Very strange. Out of nowhere, and for no obvious reason that I can think of.

It's also curious that the club is speaking on Keegan's behalf - strikes me as a bit odd anyway for the club to be making statements in the name of both parties. Why not just say the club is in the arbitration process and will be making no comments? And, as you say, it tells us nothing we don't know. I've been trying to work out what might have prompted this but can't think of anything at all.

Probably because every red top will have their own take on events. It'll drive the simpletons insane.

It's also curious that the club is speaking on Keegan's behalf - strikes me as a bit odd anyway for the club to be making statements in the name of both parties. Why not just say the club is in the arbitration process and will be making no comments? And, as you say, it tells us nothing we don't know. I've been trying to work out what might have prompted this but can't think of anything at all.

Because he is coming back, simple as.

Well if Wise leaves in the summer, there is nothing in the way.

We're you bieng sarcastic there or not?

Fingers crossed anyway. :lol:

You and me both.

I know I am well out of my depth on this board, but I think that JK has done at best a decent job, but is not the way forward. With all the crap that has transpired I would hope that Ashley has learned from his mistakes and would at least consider the possibility. It seems this would be a chance for both KK to prove his loyalty to the club and MA to prove his desire to move the club forward. There would evidently have to be compromises on each side and this time there could/would be no excuse for any further bust-up.

"I would just love it" if KK came back long term. I'd love to see some stability with him at the helm just to see what could actually be accomplished.

Not at all, said in a post yesterday that I think they will be in crisis talks today and it wouldnt surprise me in the least if for a number of reasons, KK coming back was the final outcome.

Fingers crossed anyway. :lol:

As he famously said, I'd love it, and I join you in your prays mate.

That statement definetely seemed a bit weird like, along with the timing of it with the rumours about KK wanting back in... obviously could well be nothing like... *but crosses fingers*.

This comment does still stick in my mind....

Richard Bevan, chief executive of the League Managers Association stated the following month that Keegan would consider a return to the club but only if those who hold the ownership are willing to develop a structure which he is happy with.

Not at all, said in a post yesterday that I think they will be in crisis talks today and it wouldnt surprise me in the least if for a number of reasons, KK coming back was the final outcome.

Fingers crossed anyway. :doh:

Would be great but I honestly can't see it :lol:

Fingers crossed though..

Fingers crossed anyway. :doh:

Would be great but I honestly can't see it :lol:

Fingers crossed though..

More likely it is preemptive PR.

When they are forced to fork out millions of pounds in compensation to the Keegler, they can point to this press release as another example that they tried to rehire him. And because they had to pay him out there is only 4.60 left for summer transfers.