World Cup bids for 2018 and 2022

dbsweeney

Average temps in Qatar during the WC are between 36-40c

an entire world cup on indoor pitches tbh with fake grass it's a joke there's not even 1 single player thats any good from the place, have they even ever qualified for any world cup? FIFA must be the most corrupt sporting organisation bar none.

The very fact the head of it is swiss (where no one cares and theyre shit) and then the vice-president (?) warner is from trinidad and tobago or something is an utter disgrace letting fuck ups from shit countries have this much power over our game.

lets take away our ball and play Scotland, N Ireland, Wales and Ireland eh?

Whey aye! That'll be good for the planet

They claim they can make it a carbon neutral tournament iirc. That aside though, it's a gash place to have it. As is Russia. I'm not even that bothered about losing, it's losing to that bid which annoys me.

At least Qatar and Russia will have 14 nice new stadiums that will in no way be left deserted once the WC is over

That's the daft thing about the legacy argument like.

Russia is ranked 154th in Transparency International's Corruption Perception Index of nations - worse than Yemen and Pakistan.

never realised that was a criteria......................................

There are a lot of countries in FIFA who have never hosted a tournament - the rules don't say owt about only choosing from the top 10 countries

an entire world cup on indoor pitches tbh with fake grass it's a joke there's not even 1 single player thats any good from the place, have they even ever qualified for any world cup? FIFA must be the most corrupt sporting organisation bar none.

The very fact the head of it is swiss (where no one cares and theyre shit) and then the vice-president (?) warner is from trinidad and tobago or something is an utter disgrace letting fuck ups from shit countries have this much power over our game.

At least we'd see the fucking games though, regardless what I'm meaning by 'our game' i'm meaning countries that give a fuck about the sport Qatar definitely doesn't.

The only thing cheering me up is watching the media and those being interviewed squirm and remain stoic, when really they want to grab the mic, look down the camera and scream bloody murder about the utterly ingrained corruption.

You dont see anything wrong in giving a multi billion pound tournament to one of the most corrupt countrys in the world? Wonder how many referees give penaltys against Russia?

I think Rob works in the oil industry so he's au fait with these sorts of deals.

At least we'd see the fucking games though, regardless what I'm meaning by 'our game' i'm meaning countries that give a fuck about the sport Qatar definitely doesn't.

They have a WC to look forward to, do we?

They clearly "give a fuck" or they would not have bidded. Talk some sense man. Like others have stated in before the WORLD CUP is not a fucking World Cup if it is being hosted in Europe and America all the time.

Money talks.

More effective than money is the Qatar's bid promise to dismantle the stadiums after the cup and reassemble them in "poor countries." So when in 2023 we see where they go, we can figure out how the votes were cast.

They have a WC to look forward to, do we?

They clearly "give a fuck" or they would not have bidded. Talk some sense man. Like others have stated in before the WORLD CUP is not a fucking World Cup if it is being hosted in Europe and America all the time.

The government gives a fuck cos they will make a mint. The fans couldnt give 2 shits!

I look forward to seeing zenit fans in the crowds

0,,13986971-EX,00.jpg

There's clips of youtube of foreign immigrants being beaten up by gangs of big 6ft4 racist twats, for the crime of being there. Renton had it right Russians are cold, calculating, soulless twats. Ivan Drago was the classic Russian.

If I sound bitter I am, it's an absolute disgrace, it's like having Halle Berry (being us) in a line with Fizz, Sonya Jackson and Big Mo, and Big Mo won. It's too much to take, I can't take in justices in life it's the one thing that drives me up the wall, I'm bitter and I haven't got it in me to say well done Russia, because this is corruption at the highest level, the UN should investigate but they're corrupt twats too, the Putin change of heart to go says a hell of a lot. A country of 160m, the second super power of the world changing his plans in 18 hours. This is the worst thing I've ever seen in sport.

I tell you what, its worth a few quid on Russia to win the tournament. Fairly or otherwise

I bet they do ok like. Dunno about winning it though.

You dont see anything wrong in giving a multi billion pound tournament to one of the most corrupt countrys in the world? Wonder how many referees give penaltys against Russia?

I think Rob works in the oil industry so he's au fait with these sorts of deals.

;):) :) ;)

Money talks.

More effective than money is the Qatar's bid promise to dismantle the stadiums after the cup and reassemble them in "poor countries." So when in 2023 we see where they go, we can figure out how the votes were cast.

That will never happen. Would eat too much into their profit

Im more gutted we wont get to see holographic football in japan!