Random games you've been to

Guest Stevie

Guest Stevie

Have you ever been to a random game not involving Newcastle or England, just because you were in the area, or you had a big bet on like I've done loads of times. Bit trainspotterish like, but I just like visiting new grounds, and a lot of these I won't get the opportunity to do so with Newcastle.

My random games include:

Plymouth v WBA 1992 - on a family holiday Ossie was WBA manager

Crystal Palace v Blackburn 1997 - went with my cousin who's a Blackburn fan based in London

Thailand v Brazil - 2000 on hols had 2 nights in Bangkok and way to Phuket luckily we were there when this was on a 0-6 win for Brazil, all these stupid Thai cunts in Brazil tops, was like England v Germany and us in 11 KLOSE Kraut regalia.

Belgium v Sweden 2000 - Euro 2000

Spain v Slovenia 2000 - Euro 2000

Charlton v Sheff Utd 2000 - flew back in to the country that day, train home wasn't till the next day right near me sisters

Carlisle v Arsenal 2001 - FA Cup 3rd Round (been to see Carlisle maybe 10 times)

Leeds v Man Utd 2001 - wank atmosphere, about as much bitterness as Norris abusing one of the paper lads, most overrating fixture and home support particularly, in English football. Seen loads of non toon Leeds games

Charlton v Liverpool 2003 - best one of the lot had Charlton HT FT at 12/1 and they won 3-2

Sheff Wed v Southampton 2005 - was on the piss in Sheffield with a mate first visit to Hillsborough

Berwick v Ross County 2008 - had 140 quid on Ross HT/FT double with Man Utd beating Arsenal (who won 4-0) bet came in

QOS v Hibs 2006 - visiting my uncle

Torquay v Ebbsfleet 2008 - FA Trophy Final wanted to see the new Wembley and was working down there

Hibs v Inverness 2009 - was on a client visit in Scotland, the last SPL game I'll ever watch

York v Kettering last week - had 100 quid on York, it finished 0-0 - only decided I was going at 545, train was 620

Numerous Ipswich games, usually because my sister has had spare tickets and needed a lift down to Portaloo Road.

Just dug out some old programmes:

Sheff Wednesday vs Southampton 7/4/90 - Football tour to sheffield topped off with a trip to Hilsborough. Tottenham had tonked them the week before IIRC.

Fulham vs Huddersfield town 4/2/89 - Friends of my dad from Huddersfield were down for the game. Much outrage at the cost to get in (£5). Remember a banner that sai "who needs ID cards when its a fiver to get in.

Reading vs Newcastle 27/1/90 - Have family in reading so went to this game with them NUFC team on the day: Burridge, Anderson, Ransom, Aitken, Scott, Dillon, Fereday, Brock, Quinn, Mcghee, O'Brien.

Edited by Danny B

Ajax v MŠK Žilina

Macclesfield v Brentford

Fulham v Southend

Man City v Sunderland

Romania v France

France v Bulgaria

Edited by Greg

Sheff Wednesday vs Southampton 7/4/90 - Football tour to sheffield topped off with a trip to Hilsborough. Tottenham had tonked them the week before IIRC.

Fulham vs Huddersfield town 4/2/89 - Friends of my dad from Huddersfield were down for the game. Much outrage at the cost to get in (£5). Remember a banner that sai "who needs ID cards when its a fiver to get in.

Reading vs Newcastle 27/1/90 - Have family in reading so went to this game with them NUFC team on the day: Burridge, Anderson, Ransom, Aitken, Scott, Dillon, Fereday, Brock, Quinn, Mcghee, O'Brien.

<_<

Try and get to a few Forest games since I'm in Nottingham. Last time I saw them, they drew 0-0 with Oldham.

That's the only non NUFC/Reading match I've been to. :icon_lol:

<_<

Try and get to a few Forest games since I'm in Nottingham. Last time I saw them, they drew 0-0 with Oldham.

Are you from Reading originally? What part?

stuttgart vs hoffeinheim only a few weeks ago, ended 3-3 im hear for university so thats the reason for that one.

peterbrough v swindon around 2001ish my uncle lives in peterbrough, had nowt to do and they had a game that weekend.

Norwich Vs QPR when I was in the Cubs. No idea why the hell we ended up at that game.

We were supposed to meet the players but they lost/drew but should have won and apparently the language in the dressing room wouldn't have been appropriate <_<

<_<

Are you from Reading originally? What part?

I'm from Spencers Wood, just off Junction 11 of the M4. Roughly 30 mins walk from the stadium.

When we went to PSV in 97 we didn't have tickets as just after booking flights, the club announced it was an official trip only job (Dutch police - fucking lie). Me and a mate got tickets off a tout in the main stand and found ourselves next to a lad from Utrecht who had come to see us on an always liked us basis. Since then he's become quite a good friend and as well as him having come over for a few of our games we've been across to Utrecht a couple of times.

As part of that I've seen Utrecht play 3 or 4 friendlies.

In the dim distant past when I was a student I also saw Sheffield United play Bournemouth (mate was a Blade) and also saw Bradford play the Manc Cunts in the league cup.

Went to Bristol Rovers v Stockport on Saturday with 2 other newcastle fans and 2 wolves fans. We are trying to do the 92 grounds so we do this sort of thing 2 or 3 times a season when newcastle aren't playing. Earlier this season we did Shrewsbury v Port Vale (Vale fans were superb) and Lincoln v Barnet

We always research some decent pubs before we go, its basically a pub crawl with a game thrown in. We always go in the away end as well, this time with 280 Stockport fans.

Identified some good boozers for the Bristol City game next season!

I went to a Brighton vs Liverpool game when I was on the South Coast playing in a football tournament for the school. It was when Liverpool were dominating the game in the earliy eighties and the game ended 3-3 after Liverpool had been 3-1 up.

I was in Barcelona last week and went to the Barca vs Malaga game which ended 6-0 to Barca, which was canny. Luque was shit for Malaga as well, so no surprises there.

Have you ever been to a random game not involving Newcastle or England, just because you were in the area, or you had a big bet on like I've done loads of times. Bit trainspotterish like, but I just like visiting new grounds, and a lot of these I won't get the opportunity to do so with Newcastle.

My random games include:

Crystal Palace v Blackburn 1997 - went with my cousin who's a Blackburn fan based in London

Thailand v Brazil - 2000 on hols had 2 nights in Bangkok and way to Phuket luckily we were there when this was on a 0-6 win for Brazil, all these stupid Thai cunts in Brazil tops, was like England v Germany and us in 11 KLOSE Kraut regalia.

Charlton v Sheff Utd 2000 - flew back in to the country that day, train home wasn't till the next day right near me sisters

Carlisle v Arsenal 2001 - FA Cup 3rd Round (been to see Carlisle maybe 10 times)

Leeds v Man Utd 2001 - wank atmosphere, about as much bitterness as Norris abusing one of the paper lads, most overrating fixture and home support particularly, in English football. Seen loads of non toon Leeds games

Charlton v Liverpool 2003 - best one of the lot had Charlton HT FT at 12/1 and they won 3-2

Sheff Wed v Southampton 2005 - was on the piss in Sheffield with a mate first visit to Hillsborough

Berwick v Ross County 2008 - had 140 quid on Ross HT/FT double with Man Utd beating Arsenal (who won 4-0) bet came in

Torquay v Ebbsfleet 2008 - FA Trophy Final wanted to see the new Wembley and was working down there

Hibs v Inverness 2009 - was on a client visit in Scotland, the last SPL game I'll ever watch

York v Kettering last week - had 100 quid on York, it finished 0-0 - only decided I was going at 545, train was 620

Wooo hooo good on ya!!!!!! <_<

Guest Stevie

My random games include:

Wooo hooo good on ya!!!!!! <_<

Ebbsfleet won :icon_lol:

My random games include:

Wooo hooo good on ya!!!!!! :icon_lol:

Ebbsfleet won :icon_lol:

Err yesss I do realise that Stevie <_< we ran out of steam last season :icon_lol:

QPR-v-Portsmouth 12 or so years ago. A riot spilled onto the pitch.

Wimbledon-v-Bolton 10-11years ago. Absolutely shocking game. Terrible stuff.

Barca -v- Deportivo(I think) 2006. Great lads weekend.

Celtic -v- Someone shit from the SPL. Bellamy played and was brilliant.

Numerous Liverpool games due to corporate trips.

Went to Bristol Rovers v Stockport on Saturday with 2 other newcastle fans and 2 wolves fans. We are trying to do the 92 grounds so we do this sort of thing 2 or 3 times a season when newcastle aren't playing. Earlier this season we did Shrewsbury v Port Vale (Vale fans were superb) and Lincoln v Barnet

We always research some decent pubs before we go, its basically a pub crawl with a game thrown in. We always go in the away end as well, this time with 280 Stockport fans.

Identified some good boozers for the Bristol City game next season!

Bristol is a quality city. All it is missing is a premiership football team really.

I quite enjoy going to Ashton gate, particularly to sit (stand) in the east end just to appreciate the atmosphere and watch a (usually) good game of football. The home support in that stand is some of the best I've seen and if we do have to play City next season it will be quality for making an atmosphere as the away fans are located in that stand. Tickets are cheap as chips too.

Recently back from a holiday in Argentina. Went to see River Plate v San Martin Tucuman a couple of weeks ago, unbelievable atmosphere. Also went to see Instituto AC Cordoba v AC Chacarita Juniors in the Argentinian 2nd division and Ossie Ardiles trotted onto the pitch as the half-time guest. The local fans didn't seem to like my suggestion that despite scoring a belter in Escape to Victory, he was still a pish manager.

Went to St. Andrew's a couple of times when I was studying in Brum, including one game where they beat Man City with a last-gasp winner after about 9 minutes of injury time. Also been to see the likes of Stenhousemuir and Berwick on occasion. <_<