Official Jimbo's TV Confirmation: Alan Shearer: Manager of Newcastle United

Jimbo

About twenty-five threads on RTG's first page and at least twenty of them about Shearer:

Daft mackem bastards ;)

I notice Cisse chinning some lass doesn't feature too highly :nufc:

While we all sit on the SMB winging on about the appointment of RS......and even having the 'cheek' to critcise our chairman about his so called broken promises...., look over your shoulders, before you know it the media will turn it around.......before long we will once again slip into the shadows as the media frenzy gathers around the 'new messiah'.......in Jarrow and Hebburn.......the plastic mags will return, its true.....shearer has returned to haunt us.

Dont tell me you are not gutted!

:(

'Once again slip into the shadows' :nufc:

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SSN saying that the club have confirmed they're going to release an official statement later today.

A statement from the club says an announcement will be made as to when confirmation can be provided for the time at which they'll substantiate the rumours of a declaration being released for a verification of a press conference to report....etc.

Overall delighted that someone other than Hughton and calderwood will be running the show, But......

Just desnt seem to make sense.

If jfk's going upstairs, is shearer going to work for him?

Cant just be for 8 games. He has always said he wanted to manage Newcastle so surely an 8 game tenure is not what he had in mind.

Would he want to manage now knowing theres going to be no cash for a lot of years?

And many more. My heads hurting.

It was different when KK came back last year because we didnt realise what cunts they were. Now we do so the excitement is tinged with caution.

Confused

Let's get some games won and worry about all that later. ;)

Seen every tom dick and harry on Setanta News this morning apart from anyone from NUSC. Come on Pud, get them sorted! ;)

Don't see why they'd comment on this.

It doesn't necessarily resolve any of the issues with Ashley, Llambias, Wise, Kinnear, the structure, stewarding, ticketing , leafleting, standing, travelling, fixture moves or whatever else is in their remit.

hoping that Ashley has been told by prospective buyers to install shearer as manager as a precursor to a summer takeover (i can only dream) as an attempt to stave off relegation

Now there's a thought. We can dream.

Seen every tom dick and harry on Setanta News this morning apart from anyone from NUSC. Come on Pud, get them sorted! ;)

Don't see why they'd comment on this.

It doesn't necessarily resolve any of the issues with Ashley, Llambias, Wise, Kinnear, the structure, stewarding, ticketing , leafleting, standing, travelling, fixture moves or whatever else is in their remit.

Because its the best bit of news we've had all season tbf and they are our / my supporters club.

I guess they strive for positive change and this can only be seen as a positive change.

Well done NUSC. You did it! :nufc:

Overall delighted that someone other than Hughton and calderwood will be running the show, But......

Just desnt seem to make sense.

If jfk's going upstairs, is shearer going to work for him?

Cant just be for 8 games. He has always said he wanted to manage Newcastle so surely an 8 game tenure is not what he had in mind.

Would he want to manage now knowing theres going to be no cash for a lot of years?

And many more. My heads hurting.

It was different when KK came back last year because we didnt realise what cunts they were. Now we do so the excitement is tinged with caution.

Confused

Well (I guess) if at the end of 8 games we're relegated Shearer says he's done his best and walks away.

If at the end of 8 games we've done "well" (i.e. not relegated) Shearer is in a very strong position if he wants to be going forward.

Now whether he's just doing a Trevor Brooking, or whether he thinks it is possible to manage the club long term with the way Ashley is running things. ;)

Edited by Fop

hoping that Ashley has been told by prospective buyers to install shearer as manager as a precursor to a summer takeover (i can only dream) as an attempt to stave off relegation

Now there's a thought. We can dream.

In amongst the madness its the only sane explaination i can come up with as to why he would take the job now - hope its true and hope he can keep us up

Love it when Newcastle get a new boss and it goes in the main news, rather than the sports section like it does for other clubs.

:nufc:

That's why Danny hates us.

We're a club that matters and always will be. ;)

Worse than scousers TBH.

Behave, its embarrassing.

Don't bite. He's gutted. ;)

Not at all, BBC leading with Obama skynews leading with G20 rioting.

Managerial changes always make the main news. People need to get over themselves.

I am delighted you got your man.